Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome Tuesday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Wife View Post
    Welcome Anna Pearl! Glad to have you join us. You live in one of my favorite states. We spent several years as volunteers in Yellowstone Snake River Ranger Station.
    I've spent the past week cleaning and getting ready for DD's visit. She arrives Friday. DS and DDIL will be returning from their dream vacation, a Safari in Kenya. I can't wait to hear all their adventures. I'm thinking of moving my sewing to the bonus room over the garage. The only problem is there is no bathroom so I have to maneuver the steps. I'm still thinking!
    Y'all have a great day!
    Maybe you could just move the guest room over the garage. Downsizing can be bad when you miss the space to live but good when you miss the space to clean.
    Enjoy your kids. Have you seen Bonnie Hunter's pictures from her current trip to Africa? Some amazing experiences.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Claire ~ I read Bonnie Hunter's blog every day. Love it! I want to find Out of Africa (the book) on one of the used books web sites & read it. I did enjoy the movie years ago. I have several books I want to order, but I'll have to wait until next mo. DH said not to charge anything more on the CC this mo.

Anna Pearl ~ Welcome from Colorado, your neighbor one state next door. We've had snow in our mts., too. When I was out this a.m., I noticed there was white on the upper peaks along the Front Range. It's getting to be that time of year. I know the ski resorts are busy making snow. At least 2 of the resorts already have opened for the season.

I've already been out to the emissions testing station. Absolutely no waiting! First time ever! I was in & out of there within 10 min. And the car passed. Woo hoo! We're good for 2 more yrs. I always take the car for a drive out on the hwy. or some of the county roads to warm up the engine before going to the testing station. Lots of fall colors out there. It's such a beautiful day.

It's sunny & almost 70. I'd love to do a little yard work, but I just don't dare yet, since I'm not over this head cold. I need to listen to my body. It's supposed to be good weather on Sat. Maybe I can get some things done then.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Robin, I just had to welcome you back. I'm not here as often anymore, but was glad to see a post from you.

Life has been busy here lately with work. Also, trying to keep up with the Astros and getting ready for some classes at Quilt Festival next week. Not sure if I will have time to go to the show much, but do need to make it there one day to shop.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see Robin back! I am having a little R &R in Branson, Mo. my friend and I have seen a few shows, went down to Eureka Springs AR yesterday. What a beautiful little Victorian town. And it has the huge Jesus of the Ozarks statue on the top of a hill, plus a huge amphitheater where they do passion play of Jesus’ life. Tomorrow we are taking a scenic railroad trip. The colors this fall have not developed, so it is pretty dull for leaf peeking. But it is still beautiful here!

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Glad to see Robin back! I am having a little R &R in Branson, Mo. my friend and I have seen a few shows, went down to Eureka Springs AR yesterday. What a beautiful little Victorian town. And it has the huge Jesus of the Ozarks statue on the top of a hill, plus a huge amphitheater where they do passion play of Jesus’ life. Tomorrow we are taking a scenic railroad trip. The colors this fall have not developed, so it is pretty dull for leaf peeking. But it is still beautiful here!
    I always wanted to go to Eureka Springs when our son lived in Arkansas. Did you go to the quilt shop in Branson "Quilts & Quilts"? It's full of inspiration. Enjoy your vacation.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

It certainly is good seeing you posting again Robin. I have certainly missed so many of the ladies that used to be here daily. Maybe once some of us "old timers" start posting again, more will follow. I will get a pic of my bowl cozy craziness posted in the next day or 2. I won't be at the O'fallon show....I never cross the river to do them. Only 2 I am doing this fall are Fox HS, and Oakville HS. I thought about adding a 3rd...but I knew I could never get enough stock made in time.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post