Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you made a Bonza! and/or Motherlode bag (from SewLikeARockstar)?

Also, has anyone made the Bonza! bag (both it and the Motherlode have come since the last post to the BGB group on here)?

I'm wondering if, in practice, there's much difference in the pdf tutorials between the Bonza! and original BGB? Thanks in advance.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Have you made a Bonza! and/or Motherlode bag (from SewLikeARockstar)?

I don't think as far as instructions, they are much different. The Bonza, aka Motherload is MUCH bigger than the BGB. My issue with all of it, is I refuse to pay any amount of $ for video instruction on any bag, and I stink at reading patterns. Good luck if you decide to make the Bonza.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

3. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Have you made a Bonza! and/or Motherlode bag (from SewLikeARockstar)?

This designer has created a huge website and paid subscription club to push this pattern. It seems very expensive and complicated with a limited product line to access. I love the simpler Sew Together bag, with no strings attached to access the pattern. I have made dozens of Sew Together bags and find them plenty roomy for my sewing supplies.

5. Thanks quiltingaway, auntiemern thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I made the Puppet Mother bag, which is very similar to the Motherlode bag. It's basically a bigger Bionic Gear Bag - same techniques and everything.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midnightline View Post
    I made the Puppet Mother bag, which is very similar to the Motherlode bag. It's basically a bigger Bionic Gear Bag - same techniques and everything.
    It is the exact same bag that was created by a virtual enemy of the designer. The Puppet line of bags has made replica's of every bag that Sally has come out with. It is a comical little feud they have going on.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

8. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure you can get either of the patterns anymore, as both designers were dropped by Craftsy/Bluprint. Perhaps they are sold on other websites now.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Auntiemern is correct. The "puppet" designer calls anyone associated with Sally "one of her puppets" I am proud to say that I am one of those "puppets" That being said, I haven't made the bag as of yet. Hope to in the future.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thayer Abaigael View Post
    Also, has anyone made the Bonza! bag (both it and the Motherlode have come since the last post to the BGB group on here)?

I'm wondering if, in practice, there's much difference in the pdf tutorials between the Bonza! and original BGB? Thanks in advance.
    I see you are a member at sew much nicer. Maybe your question would be better answered there.

12. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sydneybean View Post
    I see you are a member at sew much nicer. Maybe your question would be better answered there.
    After I posted here, I kept looking around and ended up finding that FB group. I'm still trying to figure it out for sure, but it seems like there isn't much difference between the Bonza and the BGB (which is about the same length, but slightly shorter in height?), and the Motherload is much larger all the way around. Still working through information, though.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

/
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    I'm not sure you can get either of the patterns anymore, as both designers were dropped by Craftsy/Bluprint. Perhaps they are sold on other websites now.
    Sew Like a Rock Star is the new website for these patterns.
    https://sewlikearockstar.com/
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; October 30th, 2019 at 08:56 AM.