Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Welcome Monday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Monday

Good morning friends. ELECTION DAY here in Canada. It is going to be a long day, starting at 8:30 this morning. I made a beef stew yesterday and have more than enough for both meals today.

I prepared a bag full of projects that I could work on today, even embroidery (this was Bonnie's). So I should have enough to keep me busy.

I think I will go to Guild tomorrow, as I haven't been in such a long time, of course depending on how late we get done tonight.

Have a great day everyone. My fellow Canadians, get out there and vote.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome Monday

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Clear, frosty, & chilly this a.m.; it's 32 deg. We had a very windy day yest. So many leaves were stripped from the trees. The lawn is littered.

I spent all yest. a.m. in the kitchen making DH's chicken soup. It made a big batch. I ended up with 15 qts. I took it easy the rest of the day.

DS#1 is flying from Baltimore to Seattle today on business. He has a cold, too, & is not feeling the best. He returns home on Fri.

Other than laundry & working on my BSF lesson, I don't have any plans for the day.

4. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Monique, and those to follow. Bad storms rolled through here in the wee hours, and wreaked havoc on the power in some areas. The main part of the little town where DD lives, is absolutely treacherous this am. No signal lights at the big intersection, and accidents because of it. Wasn't sure I would make it here on time, before she left for work.
    Spent all day yesterday working on bowl cozies for my upcoming shows. ( my biggest seller) will have about 110 after today, and will most likely sell out my first show. Will have a month to restock for my next show. After today, I am going to work on some ID lanyards, wristlets, and hopefully get some embroidered towels done. To busy for sure.
    Wishing everyone a glorious day.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

6. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning to all!

Started new job almost a month ago; it seems to be going all well, I still have a lot to learn. The last day for Old Navy to be open (where I used to work) was Oct. 19th. I am so thankful I took the initiative to find somewhere to go before the end. Packing up the retail goods that were left will be quite the undertaking. The Old Navy store will have to be totally evacuated by the end of October. I have no idea where people will shop for clothes in the town I live in? The locals state is because of on-line shopping of why businesses can't make it?

Been so busy with my projects. I am currently working on a Quilts of Valor quilt, finishing up the NQC Happy Block Swap, deciding the layout for the 2019 Moda Bakeshop Summer quilt along and I am also piecing blocks of the month for the quilt guild I belong to. Tonight is guild board meeting. More time please to create!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

8. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I understand the online shopping, I have been trying to find a replacement mixer bowl locally with no success. Sometimes you have to shop online [formally known as mail order].
    We go back to the gym today after 10 days off, gonna be sore tomorrow. After that I am back to quilting on a king quilt. I feel as if it will never be done but I am making progress. Yesterday I put together and sandwiched some sham fronts, more to quilt.
    I also tried out putting support around the plexi table of my machine. Plastic shoe boxes are about the right height so it might keep the quilt from hanging up.
    Hope everyone has a great day.

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning forum friends,
    It's another sunny beautiful fall day. The colours of the trees at the retreat were striking. We had the doors and windows open most of the time. It was a beautiful drive in the country to get there, about an hour from home. I am thankful for this weather, as I know we will have a long winter. I finished the Hanging Gardens top, just need to add the borders, one is Seminole pieced. It might have been done earlier if I hadnt started with the wrong group of 4 patch blocks, ripped out and sewed in the correct one. That's what happens at retreat. A lot of talking, laughing, food and distractions. I would definitely go there again, although the sewing area was cramped.

Monique - voting today. The polling station is at the school that backs on your backyard. No excuse. It should be an interesting election.
    I will put away machine and all my stuff back in sewing room. Many things on agenda this week, so not sure what I can get done.
    Barb - I'm happy to hear that Sugar is a comfort to Dottie, as you all are as well.

Have an enjoyable day. Be careful as I see Mother Nature is whipping up storms.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

We got hit by that huge storm in the middle of the night and had to take shelter from tornadoes until 30 am. We have tons of downed branches and a few trees in the woods. Jeff is checking for hail damage now. Our neighbors are driving back to Missouri from Mississippi in that storm. I pray they have a safe trip.

I gave in and bought the Daily Deal...I love that line and will likely buy more of it.

When I change our sheets this morning the flannel sheets are going on. I love the day the flannels come out!

Marilyn, that's amazing how many bowl cozies you sell!

I hope everyone has a great day...Hugs....

14. Thanks Monique, baslp, shermur, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We had a busy weekend. We drove 3 hrs to hunt on my cousin’s land. The men ended up with only 5 birds. We have 2 more days of vacation before we return to Philly. I went to one quilt shop here. I did not see any fabric or patterns I just had to take home. I hope to get to a few more tomorrow.

Have a good day.
    Beth

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! The storms went through here late last night. Little one had a hard time getting to sleep last night, I think in part because of the wind and the lightening. He spiked a fever on Friday evening which only lasted 24 hours. But I still kept him home from church yesterday. He wasn't too happy about that as he loves to go to church and his Sunday School class. Snuggling with Mom made it all better.

On Saturday, I spent some time organizing the recent fabric purchases. The children have all their fabric for their 4-H placemats and we will work on cutting it soon. I bought the inside-out heart material that dd will do as her 4-H quilt this year. It will give her some practice doing half square triangles. The middle boy is wanting to try the pineapple block but he doesn't think he can do it. I told him he could as it is not as hard as it looks especially using the ruler. I think it might be best for him to make a 3 block table runner - gives him practice, shows his skill and it is not as overwhelming as doing a full size quilt. And the oldest boy has no idea what he wants to do for quilting yet.

Sunday was when I had a chance to work on cutting and bagging pillowcase kits. I ended up with 49 kits. These should keep the children busy for a while. Middle boy wanted to start on them today and I told him that school work had to get finished first then he may sew.

According to the fed ex website, The Quilter's Planner 2020 should be arriving today. I am very excited to get started putting in activities/events, projects that I want to do next year, and decorating it. Hard to believe that 2020 will be here in a very short time.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone

18. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon Everyone,

It's been a busy morning. J worked hard at home school today. We finally walked the interplanetary distance lesson. If the sun was the size of a dime, we walked out from Mercury to Pluto. Mike held the dime and the knot for the sun. We walked and walked. At Jupiter, I told Mike to hold up the dime. We couldn't even see it. I think it made quite the impression.

Now I'm working on dinner. I deboned a boston butt and browned it in the instapot. It will cook for 90 minutes. I'll unplug it and Mike and I can run to UPS, the library and Publix. When we get back, the pressure will be down and I'll pull the meat apart for dinner. It's still weird to use a pressure cooker without listening to the jiggling topper. I do like this better!

Have a great afternoon!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

20. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post