Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: remember when?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: remember when?

Welcome back, so glad you had such a good time!!!

2. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we all need to take a time out every so often. I'm glad you had such a great time. Do enjoy the fabric and when I do some more cleaning, I'm sure I will have more to send your way.

4. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was so glad to hear from you....we sure did miss you...I'm glad you had a relaxing 2 weeks away...you deserve every moment of it....
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

6. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry ~ I wondered why I hadn't seen any postings from you for a while. Glad you had some time away. Maybe it's a good thing you missed the bear. Glad your pool is ok. The bears around here are on a feeding frenzy to get ready for the winter's hibernation. They warn people to take down their bird feeders, make sure all the windows & doors are secured, garbage is in bear-proof containers, etc. Don't leave any food in your car, & make sure your car is locked! The bears can open the doors & wreck absolute havoc on a vehicle interior! Some of our mtn. communities have problems with bears wandering the alleys behind the restaurants, raiding the dumpsters, etc. The bears get very bold. They're smart, too.

Enjoy home-sweet-home. Our flowers are done for the season. That hard freeze took most of the blooms. I do have some salvia that still has some purple blooms that the bees keep after, & there are a few snap dragons that didn't get frozen.

Now that "Remember When?" question could dig up a lot of memories! I remember party lines -- waiting to see if the ring was yours. The old black phones where the receiver hung on the side & was separate from the tall middle part that you spoke into, with a rotary dial only. We sure weren't bothered with robo calls or telemarketers then. I never had a cell phone until 2000; I'm still using that same flip open, pull up the antenna, phone! I still prefer a land line phone at home & refuse to use call waiting; it's intrusive.
    Last edited by JCY; October 21st, 2019 at 07:38 PM.

8. Thanks grammaterry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you had a nice break. I remember and love days without technology. Although not quite removed, we had no phone, except for cells and didn't even go near the TV.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome again, I have missed your news during these weeks but I am glad your vacation has been so happy, sometimes simple things are great and share with someone you love makes us really happy, congratulations

12. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear from you Terry! It's wonderful that you were able to unplug from technology for a while.

I recently read an interesting article about how companies are using our cell phone GPS to build a picture of who we are in order to target us for advertising. Makes you want to throw the cell phone into the nearest lake. I'll bet most people don't know the full extent of how we're being watched. Here's the article:

https://apps.bostonglobe.com/busines.../foot-traffic/

14. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lovely vacation, yes God is good.

16. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hubby and I did this back in September. I don't have data on my cell phone so it was only good for texts and phone calls. We did go the info booth to use their wifi but that was basically so I could download my show every day, LOL!! But yes it is good just to spend quality time together, glad you were able to do that.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

18. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post