• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I see chatter from several, but no new post for today, so I'll start. I'm staying home from church today, so I'll be making DH's chicken soup. Not something I normally would do on a Sunday, but he's almost out of soup. I made a run to the groc. store yest. for chicken , vegs. & a few items. Yest. afternoon I did the veg. prep., which saves almost 2 hrs. on soup making day. So I'll be in the kitchen all morning.

My head cold is a little better each day, but it's not gone by any means. The steaming really helps.

It's supposed to be windy today. Fire danger is high. The mts. are supposed to get 4-10" of snow. Only a 10% chance of rain down here. Much cooler.
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: Sunday Morning Hellos!

Good morning Joy,
    Last day at the retreat. It's been a fun bunch of women. There are only 4 of us quilters and the other 9 are all young women in their 30s-40s making garments. They are awe inspiring. One has a business making pet and children's clothing. My quilt is moving along, a bit tired as I was sewing until 1:30. Dorothy and I also went to Almonte to the closing LQS. Not much left that I wanted. Spent a bit of time there. The colours on the trees are beautiful. Www.inspiredgetaways.

Today Dorothy & I are making lunch, and we must be out by 4pm.

I will post when battery gets charged. Enjoy your day.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Hello Everyone...We had a nice day at the apartments yesterday and got a lot accomplished along with visiting with some of our tenants we haven't seen in a while.

Dottie seems to be able to walk slowly with less effort when she wants to. I have been feeling droopy since getting my flu shot Wednesday but I think today is turnaround day.

Jeff still has a few more days off from work and we want to make the most of them. Not sure what today will bring...

Such great news about our Rhonda being in remission!!!

Have a great day friends...!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Ginny B
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Good morning all. It's a bit of a cloudy morning here today. We had a fun day yesterday....well except for the Yankees losing. 😭 We planted daffodil and hyacinth bulbs. Then Max and Lily came over and Max worked in the yard with Grandpa and they got the veggie beds all cleaned out and set up for winter and also planted our onions and garlic. I fitted Lily's costume on her. It needs some hemming for sure. I'll get that done before we leave for CT on Wednesday. Then last night we had a nice time out to dinner with some friends. We have been trying to coordinate a dinner out with them for a while and finally our schedules gelled.

Not sure what today will hold. Maybe some shopping for Lily's birthday gifts. Her party is next Saturday after we get back from our trip.

Have a great day everyone.
        Last edited by Ginny B; October 20, 2019, 08:13 AM.
        Ginny B
        Levittown, NY

Comment

• Claire Hallman
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

We had such a nice day yesterday, it was gray and overcast but that didn't matter. We went to our kids house, helped making Halloween costumes and played Frisbee with the kiddoes. The sewing machine we used is a 1970 Kenmore that I gave my DIL when I got a better machine years ago. It is still chugging along amazingly. She was trying to use quilting thread which was giving her a hard time and she didn't have a seam ripper which we needed. I know what she is getting for Christmas, a basic group of sewing things.
          This week is a yearly check up doctor appt. I already had my mammo which was clear, hooray.
          Hope one and all have a good day and upcoming week.
          Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Monique
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

Good morning everyone. Not a bad day out there but the nights are cool. Hubby took the wrong allergy medication yesterday which put him very drowsy, silly man. So putting away the lawn furniture was up to me, since it was a beautiful day to do it. I got the outside shed sort of cleaned out a little. Some stuff went to the dump. I found the outdoor fireplace that I searched all summer for and brought it to the front, lol!! A lot more room in there now. Made my trip to the dump, now that is done as well for this week.

After a much deserved shower I started preparing for my day tomorrow. It is Election Day in Canada and I will be working. We start at 8:30 am and who knows what time we will get finished. The polls close at 9:30 pm and there is the counting. My "box" should arrived today and I will have to go through it to make sure all I need is in there for tomorrow. I also need to prepare enough food to last me the day. We are not allowed any electronics of any kind (poop I can't watch my shows) but I will have things I can sew amongst other things. I will get more organized later. Prepared a stew and it is in the oven, slow cooking.

Sorry Ginny but WAY TO GO ASTROS!!!!! On to the World Series. Hubby and I are Red Sox fans so you understand the dislike of the Yankies, LOL!! My oldest is an Astros fan.

So that is my day today. Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday. And yes WONDERFUL news about our Rhonda.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• KPH
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2015

Good Afternoon All,

Started early this morning, thinking Morgan was going to pick me up this morning but not totally sure. I was ready in case I got the call from Jim that he would pick me up.

Oh boy, the phone has started already this afternoon. Back to back, unknown caller calls. I won't pick those up. Yesterday, we had a bevy of unknown, telemarketer, and names I don't have a clue about. So sorry folks, if I don't know ya', I ain't pickin' it up! For someone on the Do Not Call List, I get a whole bunch of calls!

Yesterday was busy, SS emergency box gift is ready to go in the mail and Morgan's quilt is bound and ready to wrap. Now, I need to go back and finish cleaning up my sewing room. I have the batting scraps and backing scraps from Morgan's quilt to put away. One day, I need to go through the closet and remember what all is in there.

Have a great afternoon!
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• KarenC
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2015

Good afternoon all. I can't remember if I posted in the wee hours this morning, but yesterday was the most amazing for me to be at a post season baseball game. And to finish it off with a star player (who is so humble) to hit a home run with two outs in the bottom of the 9th to win the league championship and advance to the world series. It was a lifetime experience to be there and witness it, that I will never forget. And why did I have the tickets? The ticket was a gift from a friend that I had finished a quilt for and wouldn't let her pay me, so she got us both tickets to the game. It has taken me to now to fully wake up and get moving.

It's time to get moving. It's DD's birthday today, and I need to go visit. Love all my forum friends. Have a good day.
                Karen
                Spring, TX

Comment

• BethB
                  The Guild President
                  • Oct 2014

Good afternoon, everyone. I don't often post here, but it is a chilly, rainy day here and just thought I would impart a little wisdom LOL!!! My daughter's washing machine is not working so I told them I would buy them a new one (as long as it is not over the top expensive). I have been living with them since September 2 and will be here until I settle on the new house, which is Dec. 9 and then move all my stuff into the new house -- hoping somewhere around the 10th or 11th. I have to be done with the storage unit by Dec. 12 or I will have to pay another months rent and I don't want to do that. Any way, they have not been charging me anything except to buy and prepare a couple of meals once in awhile. I went to the storage unit today to get some of my winter clothes out. Short sleeves just are not making it for me now. I will pack up the summer clothes in a few days and put them in the storage unit so the movers can move them for me instead of me lugging them there.

Monique, I work at the polls during the primary and on election day. We need to be there by about 6 - 6:15a.m. The polls are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Then we need to close the machines, run the results tapes, count absentee ballots, etc. and clean up before we can leave --- usually after 9 p.m. It is a long, long day. There is usually some down time in between voters except the 2016 presidential election. I had a sandwich along that I ate for lunch, but never had time to eat dinner. We had record turnout that year.
                  Just last year, we are now allowed to bring small electronics --- smart phone, iPad, etc., but must be on silent. A couple of us were playing the same game and it really helped to pass the time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday --- at least what is left of it --- and a wonderful next week.

Nancy

Comment

Working...
                  X