• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I hope this will be a good day for one and all. I'm feeling a little better, but still stuffed up with a head cold. Today I will miss our guild's annual quilt show. The building in which it's held is at the fairgrounds & is rather cool. I don't think I should be out & about spreading my germs. But I do need to make a quick run to the groc. store today for a few items.

Yest. I cooked up a bunch of apples for sauce and baked a Digornio's pizza; I buy the 4 cheese pizza & add my own toppings. Otherwise, I took it easy, steamed my sinuses, etc. At least I can breathe more easily now. The steamer really is helping.

I looked at the DD; I may just have too get that Kaffe Fassett fabric. I'll see if it's still available when I come back on after DH's breakfast.
  • Ginny B
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Saturday Morning Greetings!

Good morning Joy. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.

We got a bit of frost overnight and it was in the 30's this morning. Sure glad we got our houseplants settled inside yesterday. We also ckeaned up the patio, stacked chairs, raked some leaves and cut the herbs down to bring them in to dry. Today Max and Grandpa will pull out the veggie plants and get those beds ready for winter. They will also plant onions and garlic. Tonight is dinner out with friends so it is going to be a busy day.

I got to spend some time working on one of my last Secret Sister projects yesterday too. It was a good day.

Have a terrific Saturday everyone.
    Ginny B
    Levittown, NY

Comment

• JulieC
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2016

Good Morning!

It is a chilly 42 right now; highs today will be in the mid-60's. Tomorrow will be in the low 70's. I am looking forward to opening up the windows.

I thought I was having issues with my furnace this morning. I have the temp set at 65, but the thermostat said it was 62 and the furnace wasn't going off. I changed the batteries in my thermostat and that seems to have fixed the problem. I will call the furnace guy on Monday and make an appointment for a check-up.

I have lots of cleaning to do this weekend. I need to clear out my former home office (now my sewing annex) and make room for Suzie -- the Babylock Meridian I purchased Thursday night. She weighs in at a whopping 44 pounds! I have an Amish-made desk in there that will support her quite nicely. I am looking forward to being able to use the larger edge-to-edge quilting designs. Fewer hoops! Whoo hoo!

Have a great weekend!

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Joy, I'm glad you're feeling better. I use steam a lot of mornings as a part of my keeping allergies in check routine.

I just about got my sewing room cleaned up. I was making great progress until Jim called. He broke the cap on the water to the house. They went to Lowe's, bought the wrong stuff. He asked if the kids could come over while Morgan went back to Lowe's to get the right sized stuff. I ended up with the younger two, for snack and lunch. Naturally the phone went crazy while they were here. When they left, I was totally beat! At least Jim got the plumbing fixed and they had water in the house again.

Nestor is sending bands of rain. Nothing terribly heavy, not much wind. Naturally, they were predicting so much worse. It does make the grass look like it's growing.

Time to get back into my sewing room. Only then ironing board corner is left to clean up. lol, especially the ironing board if I'm going to sew anything.

Have a great weekend.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

I checked back in & bought the DD. I want to make another Japanese Cross & Plus pattern using these fabrics. I may use one of the Grunge "white" fabrics for background. The Grunge fabrics have other colors mixed in so are not a true white. I have some yardage on hand that will work.

It's mostly sunny, but cooler. The temp. dropped to 34 this a.m. Chance of rain or rain/snow mix this week end. Snow expected in the mts. We need the moisture. Parts of the state are in drought conditions again. Yest. was mostly sunny & 76 deg. The extended forecast is for much cooler temps. It's getting to be that time of year.

Comment

• KarenC
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2015

Good afternoon everyone. Just a quick hello before I try to take a nap. It's been a busy morning. Weather is beautiful today. It was cool this morning, but now is warming up. It was 91 a few minutes ago, but should cool down again this evening. After this morning's 4 miler, and a shower it was time to shop for some new Astros gear, since I am blessed to be able to go to the game tonight. Hopefully they will cinch the ALCS title tonight and move on to the world series. Then, nails were a hot mess, so I went and had them done in alternating bright orange and navy blue. I will be showing the team spirit tonight.
            Met up with a client yesterday to deliver the t shirt quilt finally. I'll need to post a photo later. I think it came out good. Now I am on to the next quilt of Hard Rock Café shirts. Not very exciting so I'm thinking of treating it like a window pane quilt. with fabric with electric guitars (cream background and black background) to make the window panes. We'll see. Next week will be busy at work since I'm taking off a few days the following week for quilt festival classes. Guess I need to go buy my supplies for that.
            Oh well, need to get a short nap in before getting ready for the game. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
            Karen
            Spring, TX

Comment

• chelea
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2012

Ugh! not a good day today at all...I'm here trying to calm down and think about something positive.
              We discovered some water damage to the sill of our house, which is the beam that sits on top of the foundation. It's rotted in one corner, a section of about 3 ft. The contractor just left. It's going to involve jacking up the house to replace that section and it's going to cost a boatload of money. We'll be getting a couple more estimates but I'm sure they'll all be in the same ballpark. It doesn't help that we have a finished walk-out basement, so it's not just the outside partial wall and window, but inside finished work as well. And we have a regular plaster ceiling, not dropped, so part of the ceiling will have to be removed. Maybe I need a glass of wine or 2.
              Last edited by chelea; October 19, 2019, 02:22 PM.
              Michele
              ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
              To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

• JCY
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2013

Chelea ~ So sorry for your water damage/house problems. It sounds like an expensive fix, but a necessary one. I hope that all works out okay.

Comment

Working...
                X