Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your favorite bag pattern?

I want to make a bag for my daughter in law and I've never made a bag before. What do you suggest for a beginner bag lady? I will probably need suggestions with a tutorial. Thanks sew much!
    ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ~Debbie~♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    -:- Circumstances, often you can’t change them. It’s about choice. Some people say “under the circumstances”. I choose to be “on top of the circumstances.” -:-

Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What is your favorite bag pattern?

Try Jenny's tutorial for the charm pack bag. They're very easy to make and will start you out on all the basics for making a bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7i6Wrl4rZ8

3. Thanks ucarrieme thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a pattern by Lazy Girl Designs. It's called The Candice. It was the second bag I ever made. Her instructions, with pictures!, are very good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ghastlie_Purse.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	89018

Pink Sand Beach Designs also have great instructions with pictures.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My two favorites are: Lazy Girl's Margo Bag - it has a zipper, but gives step by step instructions with pictures. or from Pink Sand Beach - the Hampton Bag

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would first define some perimeters important to your daughter in law. Such as zipper closure, tab top closure , open top? Pockets ? Inside and/or out ? Do you want to make her a tote bag or an actual purse? For myself I need a zipper closure...long story short I had a tab top bag set it on the floor at my feet it fell over wallet fell out unknowingly to me. Big time panic attack for my wallet. Next dy made a zipper closure bag. Had to learn the hard way. I have made a few from Pink sands and lazy girl also some from tutorials online. I have yet to find the *perfect * bag. Some are too big, some too small, I have ordered the Bermuda bag pattern and the london bag pattern from Pink sands and am hoping they are *perfect * sizing for me. I hate a huge bag, I hate a disorganized dump bag where you have to dig. I like everything to fit and have a spot no extra room... (or I end up carrying hubbys glasses , book , wallet, tape measure etc) LOL
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Girl View Post
    I would first define some perimeters important to your daughter in law. Such as zipper closure, tab top closure , open top? Pockets ? Inside and/or out ? Do you want to make her a tote bag or an actual purse? For myself I need a zipper closure...long story short I had a tab top bag set it on the floor at my feet it fell over wallet fell out unknowingly to me. Big time panic attack for my wallet. Next dy made a zipper closure bag. Had to learn the hard way. I have made a few from Pink sands and lazy girl also some from tutorials online. I have yet to find the *perfect * bag. Some are too big, some too small, I have ordered the Bermuda bag pattern and the london bag pattern from Pink sands and am hoping they are *perfect * sizing for me. I hate a huge bag, I hate a disorganized dump bag where you have to dig. I like everything to fit and have a spot no extra room... (or I end up carrying hubbys glasses , book , wallet, tape measure etc) LOL
    I like theses questions. I would like to put in pockets, and have at least the larger part zip up. She is tiny so I'm not thinking huge in size but practical enough for her to take to school. (She teaches 3rd grade.) love these ideas! I'll have to look up these patterns. I did watch the one with Jenny and the charms, I'm thinking, I might like to take on something a hair more challenging. I may eat my words......
    -:- Circumstances, often you can’t change them. It’s about choice. Some people say “under the circumstances”. I choose to be “on top of the circumstances.” -:-

Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pandabear View Post
    Mine is a pattern by Lazy Girl Designs. It's called The Candice. It was the second bag I ever made. Her instructions, with pictures!, are very good.

Name:	Ghastlie_Purse.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	89018

Pink Sand Beach Designs also have great instructions with pictures.
    Oh I love this! And the fabric too!

Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My choice would be Bow Tucks (duh.....), but that Candice bag is a good one too! Any Pink Sand Beach pattern is a good one....they have nice clear directions and pictures that go with almost every step along the way.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I made this for my daughter and she is very happy with it. I used velcro for a closure at the top and it has several pockets inside. I sewed the pockets together before putting them on the bag front. This leaves room for an iPad in the left pocket. It is pattern 1173 from Whistlepig Creek Productions.

Name:	tote1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	89029

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This one is my favorite.
    Pick-A-Pocket Purse | AllPeopleQuilt.com
    Last edited by Preeti; October 8th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.