Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Friday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Friday

Good morning dear friends. I am not sure what the weatherman has for us today. It rained most of the day yesterday, a good day to stay in and sew. I have now completed 100 string blocks to add to the pile. My count is 421 blocks in total. That's enough. Now to get them together somehow. It is too bad I can't sew on Monday working for the elections.

Hubby isn't up yet so I am not sure if we are headed out today or not.

Have a great day everyone. Suzanne have a wonderful time at retreat.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome Friday

Good morning,

Thanks Monique. It will be fun, especially spending time with my quilting GF. Time flies by when we are together. I finished packing. It seemed like I was bringing more projects than I will have time to do realistically. So put stuff back and only bringing Hanging Gardens, and a D-9 patch if I get bored and want to switch it up. Dorothy's DH will drop her off at 8:30 and I will drive as they only have one car. This did force another reorganizing of fabric in closet while I was looking for a fabric.

I picked up ink for my printer, and decided to pop into a new thrift store. Oh my, they had real antiques and wonderful pieces at reasonable prices. I picked up a gravy boat & saucer (1.99) for a set of dishes I have. Never hurts to have extra one. Also I got a double layer flatware box by Reed & Barton. I have one I bought years ago in Maine, and was looking for another one, in the event I decide to consolidate my aunt's and my mom's silverware in one box. This one would be for my son, as my DD gets my good set.
    I have to remember that one day, I may have to downsize, so I plan to enjoy my things now.

Barb - I hope that Dottie is comfortable and that the girls aren't bothering her too much.

Gotta jump in shower, then hit the road. Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'll be taking it easy today. What I thought maybe was just allergies has turned into a full blown head cold. I had DH bring up the steamer from the bsmt. yest.; I've been steaming my sinuses & chest, which feels tight. It's definitely helping my sinuses; I don't feel quite as much pressure as I did before. I'll steam at least 4 times today. I'll miss our senior fellowship & lunch today & probably will not go to our guild's annual show, which is tomorrow. Depending on how I feel by Sun., I may stay home from church.

My 2 main accomplishments yest. were 1 load of laundry & cooking up the beans. It's almost time to make chicken soup again, so I may have to bite the bullet & just do it tomorrow, whether I feel like it or not.

Barb ~ I hope you get to enjoy Dottie with you for a good while yet.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...We made it through another night. Each day is a clean slate to write something beautiful on.

I got my flu shot yesterday and woke up with a pounding headache and a very sore arm. There is a shortage of the senior vaccine around here so I got it our local pharmacy. At least it's done.

Jeff and I have a little running around to do today but otherwise not much is happening. We have to go to the apartments tomorrow.

Have a great day....Hugs....

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's a chilly one here this morning but at least the wind has stopped blowing. Spent the day indoors yesterday except when it was time to pick Henry up from school. No after school playground time. It was just too nasty. <br>
    <br>
    Hubby and I got another couple of batches of green beans done and into the freezer. I think we are good on green beans for the winter now. We need more broccoli and cauliflower though. We also did up two batches of Apple's for pies. I need a couple more batches of those too. I just love being able to make an Apple pie in mid-February with filling made from our local apples.<br>
    <br>
    Not sure what the rest of the day will hold. I think it's time to take the houseplants inside. They love being outside all summer but it is getting a little cool for them at night now. <br>
    <br>
    Monique, can't wait to see those string blocks all out together. I have started saving my string scraps separate from my other scraps in hopes of doing some string blocks tok. Enjoy whatever you and hubby get up to today. Suzanne, Have a wonderful time at the retreat. Joy, take things as easy as you can. Maybe some of that chicken soup would be good for you now too.<br>
    Barb, sorry you aren't feeling well.&nbsp; I have been wondering what's different about the senior flu shot.; I might have to Google that.

Have a fabulous Friday everyone.
    Last edited by Ginny B; October 18th, 2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Good Morning...We made it through another night. Each day is a clean slate to write something beautiful on.

I got my flu shot yesterday and woke up with a pounding headache and a very sore arm. There is a shortage of the senior vaccine around here so I got it our local pharmacy. At least it's done.

Jeff and I have a little running around to do today but otherwise not much is happening. We have to go to the apartments tomorrow.

Have a great day....Hugs....
    Barb, there is a shortage of the 65+ flu vaccine here also all of the CVS pharmacies by me were out of it. I got mine a few weeks ago.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

My sewing room is calling, unfortunately, I'm terrified to go in! lol, I failed to slide the doors shut and glittery Christmas cards are strewn all over the floor. I guess they're last years left overs since the new cards are still wrapped in plastic. Melinda sent two more boxes of discards yesterday. Those are in there too. I need a day just to take everything off the shelves and figure out how to make everything fit! Somethings are going to have to go.

I picked up Morgan's quilt, glitter residue will have to be gone before I start working on it! It looks beautiful.

Clouds are building, hopefully we'll get some rain but not the other stuff they're predicting.

I'd best get my rear in gear or I'll have nothing done before Mike gets home.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We made it to SD. It was so nice yesterday, now you will need. A heavier jacket. We have a full agenda while we are here— visit with family, hunt, try to stop and shop at 4 quilt shops.
    The puppy is driving my DD crazy. The other day she did not want to go outside due to the rain and winds. She ended up needing a bath. I am enjoying my break from all the animals.

Have a good day.
    Beth

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I want to get into my quilt room but I may have to go to Lowe's first. Our house plants spend the summer on our porch and they need to come in for the winter, too. One of the cache pots has disappeared, how odd, the plant is there but the pot holder is not. I wonder what in the world happened to it. Perhaps the cat broke it and our cat sitter cleaned it up, a mystery.
    I bought fabric while on our trip for DGS a quilt, maybe I can run in there and spray starch it so I can iron and cut it later today or tomorrow.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! We made it through clothes shopping yesterday. The hardest thing to find was a coat for little one who isn't so little. He turns 3 this fall but to find a coat that we felt would last through the winter, that we would go with a size 5. Apparently, there are a lot of little boy who need size 5 coats or not many were sent to stores as we only found one store that had a size 5 coat. DD's jeans were a struggle to find as all I wanted were nice jeans without rips in them, not skin tight and no jeggings (cross of jeans and leggings). I did find outfits for all of them for their Christmas pictures next month.

Today we are looking forward to spending time outside as it is suppose to be 72 degrees before starts dropping towards the 50s for highs. This evening I am hoping to get the cutting station all set up to cut fabric for pillowcases and put them in individual bags so they are available when the children or I want to make pillowcases.

Have a great Friday everyone

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post