Checking in from the retreat - full day of sewing. I got all 25 blocks done of hanging garden. Then I looked at my sample block and I realized I had stitched them all wrong. I sewed the background and accent 4patch instead of the accent and print 4 patch. Shoot and I was ready for a glass of wine. Oh well - pull out Jack the Ripper and remove the 4 patch, sew in the correct ones, press and square. All ready to go for tomorrow.

This retreat place is beautiful and well appointed. Rooms are large and all the beds have quilts, and there are quilts everywhere. The sewing area is tight, but there are lots of rooms for cutting, pressing and even a dedicated room to spray baste. There are 12 and another will arrive tomorrow. There are only 3 of us quilting. The others are garment makers, some do as a business, some as hobby for craft shows. All very beautiful outfits made. Food is terrific. We had tacos and salad for lunch. Dinner was pecan-Dijon mustard-honey crusted salmon, butterflied shrimp, corn on cob, vegetables, salad and desserts. I may not lose any weight here.