• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

It's Thursday, right?

It has to be Thursday, last night was Survivor.

This week is blowing by. The purple quilt is done and Mike and I will pick it up this afternoon. After he double checks his schedule, I'll call and make the appointment for family pictures. Hopefully, we'll be able to get them done next Friday.

Zeke will be here this morning. The three year old will be wanting to learn something new. I think I'll pull out the alphabet letters. Nana's been working with him on them and see if we can make some words. lol or maybe we'll watch Mickey Mouse.

It's actually below 70 here this morning. A cold front has moved through and rain is expected. I guess I'll be working on binding when we get home. I avoided the sewing room yesterday. I just wasn't motivated to clean in there. Now, I have to get it done.

Be creative, and have a great day!
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: It's Thursday, right?

Good morning Katrina and all that follow. It was a wet wet cold day yesterday. A good day to stay in. I worked at the strip blocks yesterday and decided I would stop at 100 blocks. That makes 421blocks in total. Hmmm, just checked, may not be enough for a king. We shall see what I decide to do. From what I have found I may need more for a king. Anyone know?

Les works days today so I am left to do what I want today. Hmmm, could be sewing.

I think tomorrow we will take a drive and head to Almonte. The quilt store there is closing and Saturday she is having a sort of good bye thing but I may not be able to go then. The antique store is right next door. I am hoping that she doesn't have much left so I won't be tempted to buy, LOL!! I really need to use up what I have.

It is still raining this morning and it rained all night. A very wet day today.

Have a good day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• NancyH
      The Guild President
      • Apr 2014

Thursday it is. I agree the time just seems to be flying by. Hard to believe the year will soon be over.

Yesterday it rained all day and then the wind started. It is still very windy today. Sounds too much like winter and I am not ready for that.

I am planning on working on my great granddaughter's quilt today. It is her Christmas gift. She will only be 8 months old at Christmas so she won't be expecting a lot of toys. I thought it would be a good time to give it to her.

I hope you all have a productive and fun day.
      Nancy

Comment

• auntiemern
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2012

Thursday it is. This has been a very short week. To much running, and not enough sewing. However sewing has been difficult for me recently with the amount of back pain I am having. Made some Harry Potter bowl cozies yesterday. Showed them off in a group I am in, and could have sold over 100, if I had time to make them. Maybe after my shows are over.
        Will spend most of the day trying to sew. I just have to take more breaks than usual. Other than that, not sure of any pressing plans.
        Wishing all a blessed day, filled with love and fabric.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Well, I don't know if I've been hit with allergies or have caught a cold. Yest. my nose started dripping & my eye watering. Not feeling too chipper this a.m. I started up the antihistamine & the Flonase nasal spray. I'm hoping that will help.

Yes, yest. eve. was Survivor. Katrina, are you a fan, too? It seems like every week someone has been blind-sided by the vote. I've been watching that program for years. I also like the Amazing Race when it's on. They travel to so many places & there is such beautiful scenery to see.

This will be a low key day, since I'm not feeling very ambitious. I do plan to cook up a pot of DH's Anasazi beans.

Comment

• Monique
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
            Thursday it is. This has been a very short week. To much running, and not enough sewing. However sewing has been difficult for me recently with the amount of back pain I am having. Made some Harry Potter bowl cozies yesterday. Showed them off in a group I am in, and could have sold over 100, if I had time to make them. Maybe after my shows are over.
            Will spend most of the day trying to sew. I just have to take more breaks than usual. Other than that, not sure of any pressing plans.
            Wishing all a blessed day, filled with love and fabric.
            Sorry you have a sore back. I hope feel better soon.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Cathy F
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Morning all,

We had rain yesterday and into the night, I could hear the wind blowing and was glad I had nowhere to be but home.

Today I have a few errands to run including one to the quilt shop for a visit. I needed some binding fabric for a wall hanging to match the background fabric and Debbie, the owner said she had some at home I could have. Yesterday I trimmed down all the things I got back from being quilted and got the binding on one of them. This afternoon I will probably start on the rest of them.

I feel very good about my sewing this year. Made 19 wreaths for the craft fair plus some other small items and for the first time in a long while I'm all done with my Christmas sewing except for one of my granddaughter'gifts. This is a very rare occurance for me.

Well, a cup of coffee is calling my name and then time to do a few chores. Wishing everyone a good day!
              Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Bubby
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2011

Hi Everyone...I'm back. My daughter flew home yesterday and had a safe trip. It was a nice visit but a little too short.

We are taking Dottie to the vet this morning. She is in very poor condition. I think Tom will tell us it's time (or almost time) to send her to the Bridge. I'm a wreck...please pray for us. I'm so glad my daughter got to see her again since Dottie (and Olive) were hers as pups. We had a small birthday party for Dottie and she liked the treats....her 12th birthday is October 27.

Will write more when I have some news. I have a lot of catching up to do when I get time.

Hugs....Barb
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2015

Morning all, I am very sleepy and it's definitely going to be a 3 coffee day. The rain started pouring middle of night and winds howling. With a metal roof, it's lvery noisy. I was awake for a few hours and then my brain goes into overload.

I spent the day at my GF. We cut lining fabric for 4 x-l throw cushions. These are feather pillows and the feathers keep popping out. She bought ticking fabric, then her DD bought decorator fabric with large peacocks. I told her we will have to fussy cut them. Luckily her DD bought lots of fabric. She doesn't have an invisible zipper foot, so I will bring mine to the retreat. I hope that she is not spending her time doing these pillows. She really wants to work on a quilt.
                  image.jpg

Monique - Dorothy & I are trying to figure out how to plan our 3 day retreat (Fri-Sun) in Arnprior, and best time to also go to Almonte LQS and Arnprior LQS. Sew much to see and do. I also have to pack today and run errands, visit mom and get package sent out. My GF called to say they have arrived in FL. They stopped in PA, Georgia and South Carolina visiting friends on the way.

image.jpg

Smile to everyone you meet. It will have them wondering what you're up to.
                  Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2014

Good morning all,
                    We are *finally* seeing the sun!!!! It's been sooooo long. We've had lots of rain, and last weekend we had the snow and wind, and now many people are dealing with water in their basements. The snow is gone, but the ground was so saturated that the melt had no where to go. Worst of all, the fields are flooded. Most farmers didn't get their sugar beets harvested, the soybeans are a total loss, and many of the small grains have sprouted in the fields. Corn might be saved...if the fields dry out enough to get equipment in. We have "gumbo" soil...very black, thick, and it sticks like glue to everything when it's wet. We're supposed to have weather in the 50's and some sun for the next 3 days, so hopefully the farmers will be able to save some of the crops.
                    Yesterday I had an eye appt. which went very well. Since my last appt. I've lost 24 pounds, and my blood sugar has stabilized at lower readings, so the doc said my eye health has improved. At the last visit, she thought I should have a cataract removed, but now she said it was looking better, and I could wait. Nice to know the weight loss is having a positive result.
                    We've been looking for a different car for me. I have an hour drive to work, and in the winter it can get really tough. I love my current vehicle..Nissan Altima...but it rides low to the ground and isn't very good on snow and ice. So we're looking for something with AWD and higher up from the ground. I had been doing some research online, and found a Nissan Rogue we both liked. After the eye appt. I went to the dealership, and they let me take it home (left my Altima there) for a test drive over night. It was great to get a feel for the car with a longer drive on the highway. DH thought it was fine, so today we'll go back to the dealership and sign the paperwork. The Rogue is a 2018 with only 8600 miles on it....they had been using it as a rental for their customers. I'll miss the amazing MPG of the Altima, but will feel safer driving in the winter. I'm going to Minneapolis this weekend to visit DD, so it will be a good test of the car....700 miles round trip.
                    Well, I need to get some laundry done so I can pack for the weekend.
                    Barb, I'm so sorry to hear Dottie isn't doing well.
                    Marilyn, I hope you can find some relief for your back.

Blessings.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2013

Good morning! Still seems like it is a hit the ground running in the morning this week. With the chilly weather, I decided it was time to make a large pot of soup. And so we are going to try out the new stove. The old stove was still working but because it was so old (25 years), it had became extremely hot to the touch when the oven was on. I didn't want little one to get burned and neither did I want anyone else to get burned. Originally, I had picked out and bought a gas stove. Then the HVAC guy came to measure to put in the line. Yikes! because of going through two walls, an office ceiling and the downstairs kitchen ceiling including taking down kitchen cabinets, the total to put everything in then put everything back the way it was going to be was going to be about $10,000 (yes, ten thousand dollars and that is if there were no surprises along the way which this house is full of). Needless to say the gas stove went back and I bought a smooth top stove. First time I have ever had a smooth top stove.

This afternoon's main project is taking the children shopping for winter clothes. Clothes shopping is not a favorite activity of mine. Personally, I could go fabric shopping any day of the week and be perfectly happy. But clothes are a whole different ball game as everything has to be tried on and minus little one, they are all now in adult clothes with adult prices. Thankfully, there are coupons that we will be using.

Barb, hugs for you as you are making decisions about Dottie.

Have a good day everyone

Comment

• pcbatiks
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2012

Barb, sorry to hear that Dottie is still not feeling well.
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• KPH
                          Missouri Star
                          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                          Yes, yest. eve. was Survivor. Katrina, are you a fan, too? It seems like every week someone has been blind-sided by the vote. I've been watching that program for years. I also like the Amazing Race when it's on. They travel to so many places & there is such beautiful scenery to see.
                          Joy, I watched Survivor several seasons, then Howard decided he hated it so I didn't watch it after that. I started watching it again after he passed. Mike enjoys watching it if he's home.
                          Katrina
                          From NC, retired in FL

Comment

• KPH
                            Missouri Star
                            • Feb 2015

Barb, I hope you'll get a better report than you're expecting. Keeping Dottie and you all in my thoughts today.
                            Katrina
                            From NC, retired in FL

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                              Missouri Star
                              • Apr 2012

Barb, so sorry to hear about your sweet companion pup. Please keep us posted.

Wired the money today to buy a resort mobile home near my mother. We're moving from a beautiful 3400 sq ft house to a 1980s, 1300 sq ft mobile home. I've never before cried when I've bought a house. This is a hard move, but I know it's the right thing to do. I'll be happy when we get there. It's near two daughters and two granddaughters, and it's mortgage free. But just today, I need to weep a little.

Blessings to all!
                              Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                              X