Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Thursday, right?

Good morning! Still seems like it is a hit the ground running in the morning this week. With the chilly weather, I decided it was time to make a large pot of soup. And so we are going to try out the new stove. The old stove was still working but because it was so old (25 years), it had became extremely hot to the touch when the oven was on. I didn't want little one to get burned and neither did I want anyone else to get burned. Originally, I had picked out and bought a gas stove. Then the HVAC guy came to measure to put in the line. Yikes! because of going through two walls, an office ceiling and the downstairs kitchen ceiling including taking down kitchen cabinets, the total to put everything in then put everything back the way it was going to be was going to be about $10,000 (yes, ten thousand dollars and that is if there were no surprises along the way which this house is full of). Needless to say the gas stove went back and I bought a smooth top stove. First time I have ever had a smooth top stove.

This afternoon's main project is taking the children shopping for winter clothes. Clothes shopping is not a favorite activity of mine. Personally, I could go fabric shopping any day of the week and be perfectly happy. But clothes are a whole different ball game as everything has to be tried on and minus little one, they are all now in adult clothes with adult prices. Thankfully, there are coupons that we will be using.

Barb, hugs for you as you are making decisions about Dottie.

Have a good day everyone

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, sorry to hear that Dottie is still not feeling well.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Yes, yest. eve. was Survivor. Katrina, are you a fan, too? It seems like every week someone has been blind-sided by the vote. I've been watching that program for years. I also like the Amazing Race when it's on. They travel to so many places & there is such beautiful scenery to see.
    Joy, I watched Survivor several seasons, then Howard decided he hated it so I didn't watch it after that. I started watching it again after he passed. Mike enjoys watching it if he's home.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, I hope you'll get a better report than you're expecting. Keeping Dottie and you all in my thoughts today.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

7. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, so sorry to hear about your sweet companion pup. Please keep us posted.

Wired the money today to buy a resort mobile home near my mother. We're moving from a beautiful 3400 sq ft house to a 1980s, 1300 sq ft mobile home. I've never before cried when I've bought a house. This is a hard move, but I know it's the right thing to do. I'll be happy when we get there. It's near two daughters and two granddaughters, and it's mortgage free. But just today, I need to weep a little.

Blessings to all!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry Toni, but you're right sometimes we have to do the right thing not what we really want. Hopefully you will be in the new routine and enjoying it soon. Not much going on here. Praying the Astros can pull out a win tonight.

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    Barb, so sorry to hear about your sweet companion pup. Please keep us posted.

Wired the money today to buy a resort mobile home near my mother. We're moving from a beautiful 3400 sq ft house to a 1980s, 1300 sq ft mobile home. I've never before cried when I've bought a house. This is a hard move, but I know it's the right thing to do. I'll be happy when we get there. It's near two daughters and two granddaughters, and it's mortgage free. But just today, I need to weep a little.

Blessings to all!
    So sorry that you are having such a hard time with all you have going on. Pretty sure I would cry too. On the bright side, you will be near daughters and grand daughters. That will go a long way for taking the sting out of your situation. Hugs, sweet Toni.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, so glad your daughter was able to visit and spend time making memories with Dottie. My thoughts are with you.

Nwmnteacher, as I began to read your post, I was thinking you should test-drive a Nissan SUV. How wonderful that you got to give it an overnight trial. Wishing you many miles of safe driving. Will you be visiting any LQS here in the Twin Cities?

Simply Quilting, no gas stove is worth $10K. Yikes!

Toni, it's OK to cry. Even when you know it's the right thing to do, you can still have mixed emotions about it. No one says you will have to live in that mobile home forever. I am confident that being near family will make everything better. By coincidence, last night I watched a video by Jean Truelove. She is also grieving about an impending massive downsizing move, but has found the silver lining and made a plan for parting with all her "stuff" that won't be making the move. If her babbling doesn't drive you crazy, perhaps you may find some inspiration from her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5GMavQHTk8

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post