Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Wednesday!

Good morning everyone. Today promises to be a wet one, lots of rain expected. Unfortunately that will bring down leaves on the trees. Around the region, the leaves are at their best, better than they have been for a very long time.

I had a busy day yesterday. I dropped off all those magazines and boy was she surprised and very appreciative to have them. Both her and her husband are battling cancer. She is on her 5th round of chemo but feels good. He is not well himself. We had a short but good visit. I promised to visit a little more. From there it was Victoria's Quilts. We always have a quilt to hand quilt. And then home. I started my salsa and didn't finish until 8 pm last night. 35 jars later and lots of dishes but I got everything cleaned up before I went to bed.

Hubby usually works Wednesday nights but his shift got changed to Thursday days. I would like to get into the sewing room today, hopefully hubby doesn't have other plans for me, hahaha.

Well that's it for me for today. Enjoy your day today no matter what you do.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello Wednesday!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Yest. was sunny, but cooler, only in the 60's. Today it's supposed to be in the upper 70's. That snow & the 2 freezes we've had affected the colors on our trees. Many leaves have been coming down. There still is some color on the red maples around town. It's 36 this a.m. with frost.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship; it's my week to play the piano. Afterwards I need to make a stop at the groc. store for a few items. I have a much needed massage scheduled for 1 p.m. I'm overdue. I had to delay it until the rash on my side healed up.

No more time this a.m.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

Yesterday was so busy. J and home school went really well. I had plenty laid out for him to do. It was one of those horrible math days, an assessment ( front and back), minute math and a lesson with a front and back worksheet on top of that. TOOOOOOO MUCH MATH for Grandma! By the time we got to the last !page of the lesson, I wrote on the top of the page, ONLY DO THE EVEN NUMBERED PROBLEMS. lol, you should have seen his face and heard the big sighed Thank You! I split it all up between other subjects, but it was still Math over kill for the morning.

After J left, I just tried to get caught up on my email and stuff. I ended up nodding off. Mike punched me and had the nerve to tell me I was snoring. lol, I would have just as soon finish my nap.

Mike took me to get my hair cut and we went out to dinner. BurgerFi, It was good, but basically an over priced burger joint. The fries were great though. It's hard to get to, in the shopping center, and by the time we started trying to get back to the main road, I was all turned around.

Later today, I'll call and see when we can get an appt for family pictures. Grandma Dot (MIL) always loves getting pictures of the kids. They've changed so much since we moved down here and had the last pictures done. We had them made on the beach last time. I guess we should use the studio this time, so she'll have something new to look at.

Time to get started. If Zeke is coming, he'll be here shortly. If not, I can get busy in my sewing room. It's a mess! I'll have to straighten before I can even get out the last baby quilt top to sandwich.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    Yup it's going to be soggy, and more leaves will be coming down. I filled bags of leaves last week - doesn't show. Thankfully it's mostly in the back yard. Front yard has all evergreens, and only gets neighbourhood leaves. If you wait long enough, they keep blowing down the street.

Yesterday morning I got a manicure, I needed it after yardwork, cooking meals and clean up. When I got back I didn't feel like taking down the canopy - maybe next week. Instead I went to my sewing room and started sewing a sample block, and over 50+ 2 1/2" 4 patches for my retreat project. I test out a block to make sure it measures the same as the pattern. I had to use a really scant 1/4", and use Best Press to steam it into submission even though I press seams as I go. I think I will bring a second project, and maybe some large microwave cosies, as a distraction.

This morning I am going to my GF who is retreating with me. Her DD wants her to make cushions for a breakfast nook with zippers, and she's never done this. She never sewed before learning to quilt a few years ago, so doesn't know sewing techniques. I'm sure she will pick it up. I've taught her how to sew shapes, that aren't squares or rectangles. I do like to challenge people out of their comfort zone, and she embraces this. It's always fun when we get together. I would pick her to be my sister.

Monique - I thought about my GF Francine when you talked about Bonnie. I sure do miss her. It's nice that her children included you for spreading the ashes. So many people have cancer, it's frightening. It's important to get checked when our bodies don't feel right and get tested when appropriate, and speak up if your doctor dismisses your pain.

Have an enjoyable day. Be safe from Mother Nature.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

7. Thanks Monique, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing a happy dance this morning. We had 1/2inch of rain last night. The first since August 28. Maybe the drought has broken. Everything is brown and dead since we also had 95+ temps most of September. I'm afraid it won't be much of a leaf season in the Smokies this year, though they did get a few showers that didn't spread to the valley.

I went to lunch with a new friend yesterday. She's the mother of my dental hygienist. (sp?). We don't have a lot in common, but it's always nice to meet new people.

DD will be coming for a short visit the end of the month. I want to get a quilt put together before I clean up the guest/sewing room for her. Just have to sew 2 more rows on and put the border on. I need to get busy on it now!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!

Upstairs carpets are getting steam cleaned today, so I'll just say a quick hello and go finishing vacuuming!

Blessings to all!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Late starting this morning. Late start Wednesday for the grands, so I get to sleep in on Wed. Didn't get much done in the way of sewing yesterday. Spent the entire day running errands and taking Middle GD to get her braces off, then back for her retainer. I also met up with a lady I bought some fabric from...will post that in show and tell (quite a bargain). DH works late on Tues. So DH had to take middle GD to her double header, and I took the other 2 to dinner. My back has been killing me for days...so pushing through at the sewing machine has not been easy. But a gals gotta do, what a gals gotta do. My 2 craft shows are quickly approaching, and my biggest sales one is the first week end of November. I will need plenty of inventory for those. Good thing I have a month between shows to restock.
    Wishing everyone a great day, filled with love, happiness, and some kind of fabric contact.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

11. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Am trying to get caught up on sewing projects after having out -of-state visitors. A cousin , then my son. I enjoy them both so much that I wore myself out and took 2 days to recover from all the running and site seeing we did. Now to get back to the everyday chores.

Had to dig thru the doggy box for their sweaters. Temps are cold in the mornings and they won't go outside without a "coat". the Mini pins are very short haired and need that extra layer. Otherwise they are under their little blankets and refuse to come out for the needed potty times. I think I'll have to buy bigger sweaters for them. Seems like they just keep getting rounder. I wonder if I can train them to use the human exercise machines..????

We have the fall leaves getting their colors going... It's beautiful out there but I sure hate the leaves on the ground. We have ours and the neighbors!! The wind always blows a bunch our way.. And they get trapped by our fences. Thank goodness we have the leaf blower and can get them rounded up and bagged.

I am enjoying the change of season and starting to get that holiday glow going. Have to get to the basement and find the fall decorations, then Halloween goodies and my favorite- Christmas!! Yup gonna have those celebrations coming faster than I'm ready for......
    Last edited by Granny Judy; October 16th, 2019 at 11:44 AM.