Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Tuesday Morning

It's too early, but I've been up forever.

J will be here for home school in a while, so I need to get his 'stuff' pulled for the morning. I hope this grandma can last through until lunch! I'm already feeling beat.

I started working on my Grandma Phillips's genealogy.It's interesting work, but I should have been sleeping instead of digging through websites connecting dots.

Mike's going to take me to get my hair cut this afternoon, after a nap, I'm sure. We'll have dinner out while we're at the shopping center.

I hope you all are dreaming sweet dreams. Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning Katrina and all who follow.

I had a good day yesterday. Bonnie's ashes were spread on the lake. We also sprinkled hydrangea pedals. And yes, a few tears were shed. It will soon be a year since her passing and I miss just as much today and I did yesterday. I think of her often.

Today is Victoria's Quilts and I will drop off ALL those magazines to a friend who I know will appreciate them. I continue to make string blocks and they really are a lot of fun to make. I now have about 350 - 5" squares, surely enough for a queen size quilt.

I think after I come back this afternoon I will start on the salsa, the tomatoes won't last too much longer. So I have a busy day ahead.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

3. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Not quite so cold this a.m. It's 40 deg. instead of in the 30's. Yest. the high temp. was 80 deg. A gorgeous day. I trudged in & out every 20 min. moving hoses & watering the lawn. I watered the back & the south side. It got windy in the afternoon, so I'll water the front lawn another day. One of the rabbits that hangs around in our yard has a favorite resting spot under one of the perennials by the back patio. I displaced him when I hand watered that section of the flower bed.

Katrina ~ You really were up early. Genealogy is fascinating work. Much of my family research was done the old way, prior to internet access, writing letters, etc. I have collected a lot of info. on both sides of our families. My parents got the ball rolling & passed down a lot of info. to me. I haven't worked on it for a long time, but would like to get back to it.

I'm reading Kathy Herman's latest books, the Ozark Mountain trilogy. Full of suspense. I could hardly put down the book. I'm now reading book 3. Herman is one of my favorite authors.

I have banking errands to run today.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone ,

I hope everyone is doing fine. I don't normally post, but I do enjoy reading the posts everyday and I learn quite a lot.

I wanted to share my experience on Saturday. My daughter and her husband took my husband and I to an event called Heritage Days. It is located in a small village about 45 minutes from our home. This event has been going on for many years. My husband and I were never there but my daughter and her husband were there last year and she told me they have a quilt auction. That caught my interest. They have antique tractors, steam engines, crafts, lot of food, and of course the quilt auction. The quilts were beautiful and all hand made by the Amish. There were many designs and nothing smaller than 98X99. Much to my surprise these quilts sold for almost nothing. We only stayed for the selling of about seven quilts for two reasons. One I couldn't stand to watch these beautiful quilts be sold for nothing knowing how much time and work went into them and second my husband is having back issues and we had to get him home. The quilts I seen sold went for $300., $390., $400 ., $405., $430., $575., and $750. It could be due to the area it is in, but it was certainly heartbreaking. I suppose the quilters don't mind since they have been doing it for years, but it was truly a shame.

It looks like it is going to be another nice day here today. I hope you hall have a great day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning.

The sun is shining today but unfortunately it rained yesterday and the GKs couldn't play outside. Too bad. DH has a hard time with lots of people. We were 15 for dinner, and it went off without a hitch. It was the full-on celebration withh lots of food and dessert. In addition to the turkey & trimmings, I had cooked a salmon which was served cold with a lemon/dill sauce. It was my favorite. DH kept following the GKs as they track down the cats who were hiding. He had also locked his train room and because of crawling baby, the gates were up. They still managed to open the one to basement and oh, the trouble they could have gotten into with sewing rooms. Definitely was stressed, and begging not to have to host xmas.

This morning I will put away the dishes, platters and glasses. ThenI am getting a manicure. This aft, I will take down the canopy and curtain off the pergola. Time to continue winterizing.

DH has been dreaming about his dad and family gatherings of years ago. I could not go long without any contact. He has been wanting to visit his aunt in CO. She's in her 90s. His other aunt 90 who we saw in KS last year has not been doing so well. I keep telling him, they won't wait for his schedule.

NancyH - I know your pain of seeing quilt sell for below their true value. I went to a barn quilt sale. They were selling below cost, although we did see exquisite quilts priced at $1200. I don't know if they sold, but others were getting snatched up at bargain prices.

Have an enjoyable day.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; October 15th, 2019 at 09:56 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

7. Thanks Monique, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. I know I haven't been as active on the forum for a while, and I think it is time to remedy that.
    Today will be busy for me. Middle GD has 2 orthodontist appointments I have to take her to. First one this AM is to have her braces removed, then back later this afternoon, to have her retainer placed. She also has a double header ball game tonight, that DH will take her to.
    Mostly I have been busy getting ready for the 2 upcoming craft shows that I do annually. It has been difficult for me this year, because every time I sew, my back hurts terribly bad. But like everything else, I will push through it, and get it done. These 2 shows are huge for me, because I do VERY well at both of them.
    Time to leave for the first appointment. Take care all, and don't forget what Ashley Chauvin says "Be Good To Everybody"
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, every one.

Today we're back up to temps in the mid to high 80s, with scattered showers expected to continue on into the weekend. I'm not looking forward to that, since I intend on participating in this weekend's Krewe of Boo parade, with my dance troupe. I'm working to finish up the costume pieces for that parade today (I'm going as Maleficent, and am drafting her 3-part collar, along with themed gloves and spats, from scratch). Boy, I sure hope it doesn't rain on my parade.

Oh, and yesterday I got some positive health news, which is the first good bit in what's been a pretty horrible stretch of 16 months.

I hope everyone else gets a little rainbow in their lives today.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, MSN, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Yesterday was a busy day with a trip to New Jersey to see our daughter and son-in-law. They just purchased a new house and we were bringing some things that they had been storing here. I also had fun helping her pick out paint colors for the rooms.

Looks to be a beautiful fall day out there this is my favorite time of year. Today is our 53rd wedding anniversary. I can't believe how the years have flown by. I hope to have many more with this man by my side. Tonight we will be going out for dinner to celebrate.

Should be getting two things back from the quilter today, love her work and can't wait to see them up close. Now to get the bindings ready for them.

Well must get a move on, wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful morning here today. I've gotten the dishwasher run and some laundry done too as well as some cutting up in my sewing room. Next on the list is to head over to my sister's and water her plants and take in her mail. Then we will do a bit of work in the yard and hopefully I will have some time back in my sewing room before heading out to get Henry.

We had a nice afternoon with Tessa yesterday. She sees our cat Myrtle and whispers "cat". She is pulling herself up on things now too.

Happy Anniversary Cathy! Hope you and your hubby have a wonderful dinner this evening. Thayer, good luck with the costume. Katrina and Joy, genealogy is so interesting to work on and sometimes frustrating when you come up against a brick wall. Monique, (((hugs))) to you as you approach the anniversary of Bonnie's passing. Suzanne, sounds !like you had a wonderful celebration yesterday. Rest up a bit today. And I hope your hubby decides to take a trip to see his aunts and his dad soon. You were so right to tell him they won't wait for his schedule.

Nancy, yes it is hard to see quilts go for a steal knowing how much work goes into them. Marilyn, good to see you here and have fun getting ready for the craft shows.

And while I was writing this, I heard from Kathryn and she is working from home today so she can pick Henry up from school. A fully free afternoon! sewing room, here I come.

Have a good day all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, I Know you shed more than a few tears at the lake celebrating Bonnie. She'll always be alive in your heart. Treasure her memories.

And yes, regarding your PM, we'd be in trouble ALL the time. But just think of the fun. Have a great time with those tomatoes.

Gina