X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bubba
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

The retreat of 2019 has come and gone with nary a comment or picture posted...at least that I saw.

What plans are in the works for next year? Same dates?
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!
  • auntiemern
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2012

Re: 2020.....

Actually the dates for next year have been confirmed. The retreat will begin on Sept 28th and end on Oct. 2nd. Mon through Friday next year. Charyti most likely hasn't had time to post pics yet....It was a GREAT retreat. Love the people that were there. Missed the few like Cindy, Andrea, and Gloria that weren't able to make it this year.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

• Kgrammiecaz
      Missouri Star
      • May 2013

Good to hear all went well
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Thanks for the dates. Time to put all events, trip wishes in a bucket to draw and plan. I told DH that I want us to go more places next year and I want to go to more retreats.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Doloris
          Missouri Star
          • May 2012

I attended the retreat 2 years in a row. My first year was really fun, and I met a lot of people I had been chatting with on the forum for a couple years. There were 40 or more attendees. I can't remember exactly.
          the second year was a LOT different. Again there were 40 or more attendees, but the atmosphere was very different. I did not feel welcome at all. There is a "clique" that attends every year and I felt judged by them. Almost left after the first day, but I stuck it out. After all my money was just as good as theirs.
          Since then the numbers have been falling off and less than 25 attend now. I cannot climb all those steps every day and the handicap room is very hard to get. I stayed in a hotel for my times I was there, but that is not allowed now.
          I hope any new people who go have a wonderful experience. It is just not an experience I want to repeat anymore.
          Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

• auntiemern
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
            I attended the retreat 2 years in a row. My first year was really fun, and I met a lot of people I had been chatting with on the forum for a couple years. There were 40 or more attendees. I can't remember exactly.
            the second year was a LOT different. Again there were 40 or more attendees, but the atmosphere was very different. I did not feel welcome at all. There is a "clique" that attends every year and I felt judged by them. Almost left after the first day, but I stuck it out. After all my money was just as good as theirs.
            Since then the numbers have been falling off and less than 25 attend now. I cannot climb all those steps every day and the handicap room is very hard to get. I stayed in a hotel for my times I was there, but that is not allowed now.
            I hope any new people who go have a wonderful experience. It is just not an experience I want to repeat anymore.
            Your spin on the retreat is quite interesting.
            There have not been 40 in attendees since the 3rd year. There are only allowed to have 37. We have averaged between 25 and 30....there were a few attendees that were unable to attend the past 2 years for various reasons. That being said, there is not a 'clique' that attends every year. Many of the attendees have been going for 6+ years. There are 4 commuter tickets available for all the retreats, so you can stay off site if you manage to snag one of those. The group this year commented many times what a great time they had this year, without all of the 'drama' that has been caused in the past by some attendees. You know the ones that can't manage to keep their hands off of other peoples property, and pull pranks like 12 year olds. Or the ones that are loud and obnoxious, because they have a need to be the center of attention. It has been a great...drama free retreat for the past 2 years... Thank God. If you felt unwelcomed or treated poorly, I can't imagine why, because everyone there, treats everyone else with respect. Those that didn't treat people with respect, no longer attend. Several of the newer attendees plan on bringing more friends next year. It was a fun filled, laughing, and loving retreat. Ask ANYONE that was there...you don't have to take my word for it. So please Deloris, feel free to come back...we don't bite. (unless bitten first, lol)
            Last edited by auntiemern; October 12, 2019, 09:32 AM.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

• Doloris
              Missouri Star
              • May 2012

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
              Your spin on the retreat is quite interesting.
              There have not been 40 in attendees since the 3rd year. There are only allowed to have 37. We have averaged between 25 and 30....there were a few attendees that were unable to attend the past 2 years for various reasons. That being said, there is not a 'clique' that attends every year. Many of the attendees have been going for 6+ years. There are 4 commuter tickets available for all the retreats, so you can stay off site if you manage to snag one of those. The group this year commented many times what a great time they had this year, without all of the 'drama' that has been caused in the past by some attendees. You know the ones that can't manage to keep their hands off of other peoples property, and pull pranks like 12 year olds. Or the ones that are loud and obnoxious, because they have a need to be the center of attention. It has been a great...drama free retreat for the past 2 years... Thank God. If you felt unwelcomed or treated poorly, I can't imagine why, because everyone there, treats everyone else with respect. Those that didn't treat people with respect, no longer attend. Several of the newer attendees plan on bringing more friends next year. It was a fun filled, laughing, and loving retreat. Ask ANYONE that was there...you don't have to take my word for it. So please Deloris, feel free to come back...we don't bite. (unless bitten first, lol)
              My opinion/ your opinion. Guess we will have to agree to disagree.
              Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

• wlrquilts
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2012

I have to agree with Marilyn. I have been 4 times now and I have had a fun at eacb, though the past two have been great. Even though I didn't know anybody the first year i found everyone welcoming a d helpful. Charity does an amazing job at organizing this retreat and would strongly recommend that folks attend this retreat.
                Wendy
                http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

• K. McEuen
                  Super Moderator
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2011

Charyti is the picture girl. She probably hasn't had a chance to upload anything. I'm not sure when she sewed anything as I always seemed to see her with a camera stuck to her.

I was on a mission to quilt a top I had made for my kid's birthday a few years ago. Poor thing has been waiting for it with no complaints. So I was pretty much glued to my chair working on it the whole retreat. Went looking for binding fabric but M* didn't have any Dr. Who so that part gets finished at home. I did get a pic of it after I finished the quilting.

Of course, it is on my phone and won't upload. I'll have to add it later.

Finally!
                  tardis web.jpg
                  Last edited by K. McEuen; October 12, 2019, 01:18 PM.
                  K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                  Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

• seaturtle
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2015

I went for 3 years to the retreat and this is the first one I've missed since I started going. The dates this year conflicted with a family vacation so I wasn't able to attend.

I can tell you that I so missed seeing everyone and being there! I am anxiously waiting for the pictures to show up so I can see what all I missed! I did get a sneak peak at Karen's not-quite-finished quilt and it is amazing!

I have the dates on my calendar for next year as I really don't want to miss it again!! Hope to see everyone again!!!
                    Cindy

Comment

• KarenC
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2015

I'm hoping to be able to make it next year. This was my 4th year to attend. My first year I felt a little overwhelmed, but really like it now. We had several tours this year which were really nice.
                      Karen
                      Spring, TX

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2013

2019 Fall Forum group.jpg
                        There was so much fun going on at the retreat that we didn't have time to open computers to do updates. The group of ladies who were able to attend this year were a fantastic group (just like last year). We had lots of learning, laughs and fun times. New this year was tours which including some behind the scenes like getting a sneak peek of a new tutorial that will be coming out later this year. Even with all of the activities going on, I did manage to to sew a jelly roll quilt, mostly piece together another top and a few other little things.

And after the retreat, I hit the ground running again with lots of activities. I have finally had time to resize some of the pictures. The pictures are posted in the 2019 Fall Forum group which is now open to anyone since the ladies have made it safely home. A person can join the group and see the fun that we had. The full set of pictures are available for those who attended and brought or are sending me a flashdrive.

As far as the 2020 Fall Forum Retreat, Marilyn has given the dates and more information will be available later when registration opens.

Comment

• K. McEuen
                          Super Moderator
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jan 2011

The last post has been removed because Facebook drama does NOT belong on the forum.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2012

I've only been able to attend a single retreat, the one in 2016. It remains one of the highlights of my life. I was so happy to meet those who were able to attend. I still hold you all fondly in my heart.

I really thought I'd be able to make it this year, but life got in the way. My husband lost his mother in 2018 followed by my stepfather falling ill and then passing. My mother needs help, so I'm unable to just pick up and go have fun. I miss you all.

For those of you who remember that I came in my motor home, you'll be happy to hear that trip cured me of my fear of flying. Well, it's not a complete cure, but I have flown twice since 2016 and I'll do so again if I have to. Taking that RV over the Rockies was downright foolhardy and I feel lucky to have made it safely. Here's my new motto: Four hours on a plane is a whole lot safer than four days on the freeway.

But I still have granchildren in Omaha, which is only three hours from Hamilton, so you know you'll see me again!
                            Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• K. McEuen
                              Super Moderator
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2011

Toni, you were mentioned fondly at the retreat this year. Several talked about you bringing your guitar and singing with Jenny.

Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Working...
                              X