• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sydneybean
    The Guild President
    • Feb 2010

Re: 2020.....

I'm in a group on fb that the admin/owner went to the retreat for the first time. She loved it and post a lot of pictures! Looks like a great time was had by all.
    So. Illinois just south of St Louis County

Comment

• auntiemern
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
      I've only been able to attend a single retreat, the one in 2016. It remains one of the highlights of my life. I was so happy to meet those who were able to attend. I still hold you all fondly in my heart.

I really thought I'd be able to make it this year, but life got in the way. My husband lost his mother in 2018 followed by my stepfather falling ill and then passing. My mother needs help, so I'm unable to just pick up and go have fun. I miss you all.

For those of you who remember that I came in my motor home, you'll be happy to hear that trip cured me of my fear of flying. Well, it's not a complete cure, but I have flown twice since 2016 and I'll do so again if I have to. Taking that RV over the Rockies was downright foolhardy and I feel lucky to have made it safely. Here's my new motto: Four hours on a plane is a whole lot safer than four days on the freeway.

But I still have granchildren in Omaha, which is only three hours from Hamilton, so you know you'll see me again!
      As Karen has said, we all fondly remember you and Jean playing guitar, and Jenny singing along with you. We certainly hope you plan to come to another retreat with us. You can visit grands then come to retreat, or the other way around. Either way, it would be great to see you again. We all have such a great time. So many gals have been coming for 4 years or more. Several have already made plans to bring even more friends back with them. Such a fun, friendly, and helpful group.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

• Doloris
        Missouri Star
        • May 2012

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
        I've only been able to attend a single retreat, the one in 2016. It remains one of the highlights of my life. I was so happy to meet those who were able to attend. I still hold you all fondly in my heart.

I really thought I'd be able to make it this year, but life got in the way. My husband lost his mother in 2018 followed by my stepfather falling ill and then passing. My mother needs help, so I'm unable to just pick up and go have fun. I miss you all.

For those of you who remember that I came in my motor home, you'll be happy to hear that trip cured me of my fear of flying. Well, it's not a complete cure, but I have flown twice since 2016 and I'll do so again if I have to. Taking that RV over the Rockies was downright foolhardy and I feel lucky to have made it safely. Here's my new motto: Four hours on a plane is a whole lot safer than four days on the freeway.

But I still have granchildren in Omaha, which is only three hours from Hamilton, so you know you'll see me again!
        I remember that. It was a fun night.
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

• GuitarGramma
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2012

Thank you all. I'm touched to know that you remember that sing along night as fondly as I do.
          To Stitching!
          Together!
          To Missouri Star!
          Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Andrea F
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2013

I missed the retreat this year due to a teaching commitment and I cannot tell you how sad I was and still am that I wasn't able to come. I missed seeing everyone very much and I will make sure that doesn't happen again. I have the dates put in my calendar for next year. Can't wait!

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Toni! I miss you so much! I really hope you will be able to come to next year’s retreat!

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2012

You have all absolutely made my day/month/year! Due to all the time I'm dedicating to my mom, we had to stop playing guitar at church. I miss that part of my life. You have no idea how much hearing your sweet words mean to me.

The Omaha branch of the family is expecting another baby in March, so I'll be in the Midwest then. But you are making me consider a second trip so that I can come to the retreat!I

Jean, I'm looking forward to our next collaboration because I miss you, too.
                Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                X