Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020.....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2020.....

I'm hoping to be able to make it next year. This was my 4th year to attend. My first year I felt a little overwhelmed, but really like it now. We had several tours this year which were really nice.

2. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019 Fall Forum group.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	160970
    There was so much fun going on at the retreat that we didn't have time to open computers to do updates. The group of ladies who were able to attend this year were a fantastic group (just like last year). We had lots of learning, laughs and fun times. New this year was tours which including some behind the scenes like getting a sneak peek of a new tutorial that will be coming out later this year. Even with all of the activities going on, I did manage to to sew a jelly roll quilt, mostly piece together another top and a few other little things.

And after the retreat, I hit the ground running again with lots of activities. I have finally had time to resize some of the pictures. The pictures are posted in the 2019 Fall Forum group which is now open to anyone since the ladies have made it safely home. A person can join the group and see the fun that we had. The full set of pictures are available for those who attended and brought or are sending me a flashdrive.

As far as the 2020 Fall Forum Retreat, Marilyn has given the dates and more information will be available later when registration opens.

4. Thanks Andrea F, seaturtle, auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The last post has been removed because Facebook drama does NOT belong on the forum.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

6. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been able to attend a single retreat, the one in 2016. It remains one of the highlights of my life. I was so happy to meet those who were able to attend. I still hold you all fondly in my heart.

I really thought I'd be able to make it this year, but life got in the way. My husband lost his mother in 2018 followed by my stepfather falling ill and then passing. My mother needs help, so I'm unable to just pick up and go have fun. I miss you all.

For those of you who remember that I came in my motor home, you'll be happy to hear that trip cured me of my fear of flying. Well, it's not a complete cure, but I have flown twice since 2016 and I'll do so again if I have to. Taking that RV over the Rockies was downright foolhardy and I feel lucky to have made it safely. Here's my new motto: Four hours on a plane is a whole lot safer than four days on the freeway.

But I still have granchildren in Omaha, which is only three hours from Hamilton, so you know you'll see me again!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

8. Thanks Trudy A, auntiemern, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Toni, you were mentioned fondly at the retreat this year. Several talked about you bringing your guitar and singing with Jenny.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in a group on fb that the admin/owner went to the retreat for the first time. She loved it and post a lot of pictures! Looks like a great time was had by all.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    I've only been able to attend a single retreat, the one in 2016. It remains one of the highlights of my life. I was so happy to meet those who were able to attend. I still hold you all fondly in my heart.

I really thought I'd be able to make it this year, but life got in the way. My husband lost his mother in 2018 followed by my stepfather falling ill and then passing. My mother needs help, so I'm unable to just pick up and go have fun. I miss you all.

For those of you who remember that I came in my motor home, you'll be happy to hear that trip cured me of my fear of flying. Well, it's not a complete cure, but I have flown twice since 2016 and I'll do so again if I have to. Taking that RV over the Rockies was downright foolhardy and I feel lucky to have made it safely. Here's my new motto: Four hours on a plane is a whole lot safer than four days on the freeway.

But I still have granchildren in Omaha, which is only three hours from Hamilton, so you know you'll see me again!
    As Karen has said, we all fondly remember you and Jean playing guitar, and Jenny singing along with you. We certainly hope you plan to come to another retreat with us. You can visit grands then come to retreat, or the other way around. Either way, it would be great to see you again. We all have such a great time. So many gals have been coming for 4 years or more. Several have already made plans to bring even more friends back with them. Such a fun, friendly, and helpful group.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post

I remember that. It was a fun night.
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all. I'm touched to know that you remember that sing along night as fondly as I do.
    To Stitching!
    Together!
    To Missouri Star!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the retreat this year due to a teaching commitment and I cannot tell you how sad I was and still am that I wasn't able to come. I missed seeing everyone very much and I will make sure that doesn't happen again. I have the dates put in my calendar for next year. Can't wait!

15. Thanks auntiemern, sydneybean thanked for this post