Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Oct 11 - 17, 2019

Wow, last week it looks like everybody was nice and busy quilting or looking at quilts or buying fabric for quilts ! I don't know about you, but as the weather turns cold here in Kansas, I just want to hunker down (under a quilt) and sew, sew, sew!

As I am on vacation next week, I may well do just that!!!

I have grand plans to get the top done on "It was the 80s". We'll see how far I actually get LOL.

How are things going with you?

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Oct 11 - 17, 2019

So many fall activities that I did not get very much quilting time this week. Made some progress on Euclid Avenue. This is how far along I am
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5278.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	160912

So relieved that the prices off batting have come back down. I was appalled at the prices earlier.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how much quilting I will do in the next week, as I'll be cooking and getting ready for our Thanksgiving on Monday, then to prep fabrics (yes, still haven't cut background) and pack for a 3 day retreat. Luckily this place has all cutting mats, cutters, rulers, irons and ironing surfaces. I may bring my own rotary cutter and specific rulers as I like to cut from the same ones for each quilt.

DeniseSm - your quilt is coming along beautifully. I love it.
    Threadbndr - enjoy your time off. I think it has been warmer than DH's family in KS.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; October 12th, 2019 at 09:15 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that I have been skipping my duties and chores by escaping to my sewing room. Sunday I was down there a good 3+ hrs, and sewed all the blocks, finished quilt of dissappearing 9 patch. I also cut the background for my retreat project, over 5 yds, organized in baggies. Monday was a bust with family dinner for Thanksgiving, but Tuesday, back down there and I sewed over 90, 4 patch blocks, did sample block to ensure finished size matches pattern. It does. Yeah. I also cleaned up sewing room.

Today was a sewing related day with my GF Dorothy. We picked fabrics from donations to add as borders and binding to VQC quilt tops. I also helped her cut lining for large pillows. She wanted to add zipper. Problem is she bought invisible zipper but didn't have that foot. I had 2 at home. I tried to install with regular zipper foot. Nah, didn't look good, so rip it out. She will be dropped off at my house at 8am Friday as we are going on a 3 day quilt retreat and we will work on it there. I am only bringing 2 projects. One I think I can finish, and the other to start in case I do finish the first one.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have been traveling so haven't gotten any sewing done but did a little fabric shopping. Decided to make a quilt with stars for my 5yo DGS so it can last him forever rather than some cartoon that will be ignored in a few years.
    I think I have enough fabrics and variety to start at least drawing a graph tomorrow. Today is lunch with friends and a little grocery shopping.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post