• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlie Wolf
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2013

Planned power cuts in Calif

Do we have any members in the forum who this would be effecting?
    My prayers are with them.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.
  • Hulamoon
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2012

Re: Planned power cuts in Calif

I just saw that on the news and it pissed a lot of people off. I didn't catch what area it was at though. The rental I have there is close by a forest reserve, so now I'm really curious.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• jjkaiser
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2013

I heard it was Sacramento and San Francisco area.
      Jocelyn
      South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• nativetexan
        Banned
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2018

boy they were talking about doing that but five days?? that will mean tossed frozen items galore from freezers. Oh well, maybe they are used to it or will get used to it. We use much too much electricity and what happens... we keep needing more for every item they sell to us. hmmmm.

Comment

• bubba
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2013

I have a friend who lives near Oakland. They let you know what hours it will be out. Hers was from noon to 5pm yesterday and she has not posted of any after that yet. I understand the reasoning and I hope it works after all the devastation they faced with the fires last year.

There is talk of moving it to the southern part of the state, but I'm sure that would really create an uproar!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Hulamoon
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2012

I read it was effecting the Oakland Zoo. You'd think they could at least leave that alone.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

• laura44
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2014

I live in the Sacramento area. My city has its own electric company so I'm ok.
              Lots of the surrounding cities have no power. They are just starting to turn it back on.
              No power is better than wildfires caused by the wind.

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2012

I'm one town south of Laura44 and our two cities are in separate counties. My county is served by a user-owned utility company that is not planning any outages. Oddly enough, we had an unplanned power outage the night that the planned outages began, but ours was just bad luck and only lasted an hour.

Thank you all for being concerned about us!
                Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Bubby
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

My DD was telling me about this. It's also in the area where my grands and their inlaws live ( Santa Clarita, Newhall, Canyon Country, etc). What about people who rely on electricity for life support? There could be legal consequences to this decision. Not everyone can afford generators.
                  Last edited by Bubby; October 11, 2019, 06:33 AM.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Squeaky
                    Applique Angel
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                    What about people who rely on electricity for life support? There could be legal consequences to this decision. Not everyone can afford generators.
                    Before my brother could afford to add a generator to their house in New York, they registered their daughter (on a ventilator) with the local fire department and power company. In the event of an unscheduled power outage their block was on the list to have it restored earliest, and if that wasn't fast enough or if there was ever an issue they could bring her and her equipment to the firehouse and she would use their backup systems to maintain her equipment for as long as needed.

They did eventually get the generator, but families that have those kinds of need are (generally, I hope) taken care of through local resources. I believe there was also partial costs covered for the generator itself by either health care or some other aid service?

Comment

Working...
                    X