Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Janome MC6600P Foot Pressure

I've owned my Janome MC6600P for maybe 5 years and it's always run like a top. It's only been serviced once because honestly it just runs perfectly. Recently, though, I'm having trouble when sewing over several thicknesses of fabric. The fabrics aren't unusually thick, for instance when joining a flying geese block to a solid square, going over the geese seams is sometimes difficult to the point of my having to use a "hump jumper" in order to sew over it. I'm talking quilting cottons - nothing unusual. My foot pressure is set at 3 which is the highest number it will go (you set it to lower numbers for chiffons, etc). Any suggestions? I hate to take it in because I live in a tiny town and the nearest service person has a 6-month waitlist.

Thanks for any advice!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome MC6600P Foot Pressure

Look on page 27 of your manual. It says the 3 is for regular sewing, reduce pressure for applique, and use 1 for very fine fabric. It also says don't reduce pressure below 0. I generally set about 2 when sewing thicker fabrics or going over multiple layers. Don't forget to set back to 3, or you just think you have issues now.....ask how I know this. lol!
    Maybe this will help. Or unfortunately, it may need an adjustment by a technician. My nearest Janome tech is over 2 hours away.
    Good luck.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome MC6600P Foot Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
    Look on page 27 of your manual. It says the 3 is for regular sewing, reduce pressure for applique, and use 1 for very fine fabric. It also says don't reduce pressure below 0. I generally set about 2 when sewing thicker fabrics or going over multiple layers. Don't forget to set back to 3, or you just think you have issues now.....ask how I know this. lol!
    Maybe this will help. Or unfortunately, it may need an adjustment by a technician. My nearest Janome tech is over 2 hours away.
    Good luck.
    Thank you! I'll try it set to 2 and see if that works. I sure hope so. I love the machine and it's been such a workhorse for me.