Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It is Thursday indeed

Good morning friends. I really didn't do much of anything yesterday. I did some work on a SS project. I took a craving for some cookies so I made peanut butter, only problem being that you just can't eat 1. They are so good. It is not very often that I bake.

We are having a beautiful week weather wise. Today promises to be another with wall to wall sunshine and warm temperatures.

This afternoon I have to go for my training for the elections.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It is Thursday indeed

Good Chilly Morning, Everyone ~ It's only 27 deg. this a.m. We got all that winterizing done just in the nick of time. We had some misty rain late last night. It looks like a skiff of snow on the picnic table. Still a chance of snow this a.m. They said the weather system would be banded, so some folks will get snow while others may not. It's a quick moving storm, so should be out of here soon.

Yest. a.m. was Bible Study Fellowship. I made a quick stop at Vit. Cot. on the way home. After lunch I put on my old clothes & worked in the yard. I displaced the rabbit from under its favorite perennial & weeded the bed by the patio. What looks like grass popping up really is baby grape hyacinth bulbs sprouting. When my son & I re-did that bed earlier this year, there was no way to remove all those tiny bulbs. They're impossible to get rid of. Anyway, the bed looks good now. One area was quite dry, so I set out the hose to water that area. When the weather warms back up, I'll try to get the new bulbs planted. I bought tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, & crocus.

Yest. really was the "warm before the storm" -- a common weather pattern here. The high temp. in the afternoon was 86 deg. I wore sunscreen & my straw hat to work in the yard. By 5 p.m., it had clouded up & the wind kicked up bringing in the cold front. Very blustery winds for a while. By bedtime, the temp. had dropped to 38 deg. Because of our thinner atmosphere, we get more rapid cooling & heating of the air.

I'm thinking today might be a good day to sew! It's been so long.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

I managed to get my SS stuff out and organized yesterday while I was kid less. Now to find a box!

Melinda sent me some more discarded things from school that I can use. I guess today I'll have to find a place to store it. The playroom is turning into more of a classroom.

The squirrel dude came and finished the job yesterday. Good thing it was payday from Howard day! The guy gave a great discount for paying in cash, so Mike went to the bank for me. He said the lady questioned the check, but he told her the Squirrel Dude wanted cash, he was just following Mom's instructions.

Time to get busy. Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We had clouds and mist here yesterday. Hope we see the sun today. All the animals are good. I ran around to appts yesterday. Same on the agenda for today. I hope to press some more blocks for my quilt today.

We had a dead squirrel on our street near our house. I did not really want to deal w it. I called our borough and found out our township will come and dispose of it. I made the call and it was gone by afternoon. I do not want birds of prey hanging around our house since we have small dogs.

Have a good day.
    Beth

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    It's another glorious sunny fall day. It looks like it will be like this weather wise for awhile. I can't believe I slept almost 11 hrs. Although I should continue/start winterizing, it really feels too soon. Maybe this will be the lucky year where we don't get any serious snow until December. I wish, I wish upon a star.

Yesterday I finished the dissappearing 9 patch blocks and sewed 1 row together. Since its a VQC, I will have to add 3-5" total to side and at least a 5" border at top & bottom. Maybe I will just make an extra row of print. Not sure. These are not colours I have in my stash. I also visited mom and showed her what I am working on. She was distracted and reminiscing. That's ok.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	160896

Today I plan to do a few hours of yardwork, sew and we have appt with bank this aft. DH has a fleet meeting at sailing club, so It's a free eventing to squander away. Maybe I will start planning our Thanksgiving meal on Monday. We will be 15 with All kids and GKs, & my GF Pat. She keeps us sane among the chaos.

I'm glad everyone is getting their unwanted critters out of the way. I think we might be ok this year, but DH will set up mouse traps outdoor soon. We always catch a bunch. Don't want them getting close to house and trying to get in.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks Monique, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    A chilly morning here time to get some sweatshirts out. Yesterday I was without a car as it was at the dealer getting the inspection done, oil change and tires rotated so today I will have errands to run and a trip to the grocery store. The cupboards are looking pretty bare.

I definely need a good cleanup in the sewing room but starting some new project is always more fun. We'll see which wins when I get up there. Maybe a compromise of running the embroidery machine and cleaning up a bit while it runs.

Monique, peanut butter cookies sound yummy, especially the recipe with a Hershey kiss in the center! The only time now I do a big cookie baking is at Christmas as the kids all have their favorites so I make up platters of them.

Well, time to get a move on. Wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    I'm so envious of the great fall weather many of you are having....we're in a winter storm warning for the next 3 days!!!! Seriously.
    If I can get some inspiration going, I'll be hunkered down in the sewing room.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nwmnteacher View Post
    Good morning all,
    I'm so envious of the great fall weather many of you are having....

Hahaha! I was about to say the same thing, except I'm dealing with temps in the 80s with tons of humidity!

I hope you come through okay in your snow storm, and that you find your inspiration.

Finished the ceremonial stole and my friend is coming in a bit to pick it up. Hope she likes it! Other than that, it's time to start making character mood boards, even though I'm still waiting on a finished script. I've been in my studio so much, but no quilting for me. I feel like my quilting cottons are mocking me from their shelves...

15. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

On Wednesday, I always update my Superman web site. It's a labor of love for the man who played Superman on Broadway. I saw the show when I was 11 and wrote him a fan letter 40 years later when an address got published on the internet. We became telephone friends in the twilight of his life.

Normally, the coding process takes so long that I don't get to bed until the wee hours. Last night went much faster, but it was emotionally draining. I learned how to embed music into a web page and included a ballad from the show. The song just ate me up. On the cast album, it's sandwiched between two upbeat numbers. Standing in isolation, it renewed how Superman broke my eleven-year-old heart in 1966.

I'd be honored if you visited the website: SupermanBobHoliday.com .
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

17. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nwmnteacher View Post
    Good morning all,
    I'm so envious of the great fall weather many of you are having....we're in a winter storm warning for the next 3 days!!!! Seriously.
    If I can get some inspiration going, I'll be hunkered down in the sewing room.
    Oh we could be joining in with storm warnings soon enough. I know we will pay down the road, but oh it so lifts my spirits. I feel this is the summer we didn't have.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

19. Thanks Monique thanked for this post