Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It is Thursday indeed

Back again ~ Yup! It's snowing! By 7 a.m. the snow had started. Our snow angel from church came ~10 a.m. He measured 2" on the picnic table. Everything is white, but the streets just are slushy. As warm as it's been, the snow probably won't last long. The temp. is supposed to drop into the teens tonight, so it will be a glaze on the streets. Traffic was a mess today. I just was checking a news item for the Denver Metro area. By 8 a.m. there already had been 50 accidents. People just need to slow down & adjust to the winter driving conditions.

I'm still hoping to do some sewing this afternoon.

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thayer Abaigael View Post
    I was about to say the same thing, except I'm dealing with temps in the 80s with tons of humidity!

Finished the ceremonial stole
    Oh that's what our summer was like but in the 90s and high humidity. I hate this more than winter storms. Spent my summer mostlt indoor, as I get heat exhaustion.

Please post a picture of the stole. Would love to see it.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Back again ~ Yup! It's snowing! By 7 a.m. the snow had started. Our snow angel from church came ~10 a.m. He measured 2" on the picnic table. Everything is white, but the streets just are slushy. As warm as it's been, the snow probably won't last long. The temp. is supposed to drop into the teens tonight, so it will be a glaze on the streets. Traffic was a mess today. I just was checking a news item for the Denver Metro area. By 8 a.m. there already had been 50 accidents. People just need to slow down & adjust to the winter driving conditions.
    Wow - your temps are real yo-yo. I've got a call into my dealer to get my snow tires put on. I think first week of November is soon enough. I guess many people do not change over. I have all season from spring to Fall, but for real winter traction on snow and ice we put on snow tires.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Some folks around here do use snow tires, or studded tires. We've always managed to get by with all season radials. People who drive in the mountains, esp. over the higher mt. passes on I-70, are required to have snow tires or chains, or you aren't allowed to proceed whenever the chain law is in effect. Vail Pass gets pretty dicey, but even just up west from Denver in the foothills can be bad. A crash can tire up traffic for hours. And if a big tractor trailer/semi gets jack knifed, be prepared to wait. We don't drive in the mts.

The snow quit about noon. The wind has blown off a lot of the collected snow from the trees. High temp. so far has been 40, but it will be dropping soon. The sidewalk, driveway & streets now are dry. I'm not looking forward to low temps. in the teens.

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post