Hi there! I just joined the forum, although I've been aware of Missouri Star Quilt Co. for some time.

My name is Andrea, and I live in the Hudson Valley in upstate New York. Until just about 4 weeks ago, I had never considered quilting, although I love sewing and have a thing for making handbags. And fabric collecting. I definitely have a thing for yardage. Oh boy do I.

So about three months ago, friends had a baby. And I had a jelly roll of baby-themed fabric that had been a free gift with purchase a loooong time ago from Craftsy (RIP) that I had no clue what to do with. I thought of making them a set of burp cloths, some bibs, maybe a couple of other little gifts. But when I started unrolling the material, I was surprised to see just how much of it there was. I had only thought in terms of small projects, because it never crossed my mind that a jelly roll contained so much material.

I started piecing, and before I knew it, I had enough squares for a cheery little quilt top. I already had batting in my stash left over from a Christmas tree skirt I made two years ago, and other finds from my trove provided the backing and binding, with assists from YouTube and Google for the bits that stumped me.

Not two days after I finished that first quilt, another friend announced she was going to be a grandma. And here I am, with all this leftover baby fabric already cut into neat little strips, don't you know?! So I cranked out my second baby quilt, and I was hooked. How have I missed out on this for so long?

I now need to know all about free motion quilting, paper piecing, bargello, you name it. I have a FEVER, and the only prescription is more quilting (with some cowbell on the side).

So, hi there!