Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Wednesday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique or someone probably will be posting at the same time.

Well, we finally got the sprinkler system blown out yest. Our appt. was for 4:30, but he didn't get here until 6:15. It was almost dark by the time he finished, I was very late for guild mtg. If it weren't for having to turn in the mini quilts for the quilt show, I probably would have stayed home. We had our annual "schoolhouse" program, which involves dividing into groups & attending mini lectures, rotating through each class every 20 min. One was on fusibles, one was on needles & thread, & one was on the Block Lock rulers. Handy tools, but pretty pricey.

Today is our transition day for the weather. It's supposed to be close to 80 deg., but it will be changing to rain/snow around midnight, with 1-3" of snow tomorrow. And much colder temps.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Wednesday! :)

Oh Joy that dreaded "S" word. We had a beautiful day yesterday and I hung out the sheets I had washed. Today promises to be another beautiful day. The sun is out, and not a cloud in the sky. I am hoping to be able to get into the sewing room today. "sigh", I need a retreat.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Joy, you and Suzanne were on the same wave length this morning.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well today is my kind of laundry day. A friend gave me MULTIPLE yardage of white on white fabric she received from another friend. I've procrastinated long enough & now that our last vacay is over....well laundry. The fabric belonged to the friend that died & her son had been told to donate to quilters. My friend doesn't do that much quilting but knew I had been on the hunt for the WOW. I sure hope it doesn't require much (if any) ironing. We'll see.

Two of DH's nieces are expecting & I'm making them both a baby quilt. The trick is to find some light teal for one of them. Don't know about the other yet. Both are expecting girls.

Weather-wise, it's overcast & coolish. Have too much today to fiddle outside but what can I say.

Hope all has a productive day in or out of the house. Stay warm/cool. Be good to yourself & each other.

Gina

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post