Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday Wednesay

Monique - are you sleeping in? Lucky you. I could have posted at 3am. After tossing and turning, I finally got up at 6am and decided to sew until the sun got up.

It's another beautiful day, sunny and crisp. Yesterday we went downtown, opted not to take the new light rail system. It's only Day 3, and there were issues again. A car wouldn't budge with a door issue and after an hour, they went to a single rail. People have been over an hour late Monday & Tuesday. We might try it off hours, just to get a ride. It's apparently quite pleasant if you don't have to be anywhere on time.

Today, I have lots on my plate. Hoping to start clipping perennials and shrubs, but hints are still flowering. My son is coming for lunch. I will visit mom this aft. I had a call from the nurse. A volunteer was pushing her back to her room and mom's hand got caught in wheelchair. Person didn't stop even when mom was telling her to stop.

Beth - I hope your cat continues to improve.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday Wednesay

Suzanne ~ I knew it! We were posting at the same time.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I slept in this morning with a little help. I am tired of waking up at 3 or 4 am. BUT I did wake up with a headache.

I didn't get to sew yesterday but I was in the sewing room cleaning up a bit. I finally got a good look at the White sewing machine that was given to me. While the light worked, the motor would not run as it was on a separate plug. Well turns out that plug wasn't even connected. A call to my brother and he came over and fixed it. Runs like a charm now. While I couldn't get much information on it, I did manage to find a manual for it. It is a 1960's machine that much I know. I oiled her up and she just purrs.

Not sure what is happening today. I will try and get another SS project completed. Hubby works tonight.

Tomorrow I have an information session for the job I will be doing for the election.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone....Today will be a busy day for me. My DD gets here tomorrow about noon and I have some cooking and laundry to do today.

The pups look adorable after being groomed. I was told it's better for everyone if they don't come on the same day anymore. I guess they were naughty yesterday and didn't want to cooperate. They have a tendency to tag team people when they get together. Dottie has always been the perfect client, of course she has been groomed her whole life.

I will likely not be on the forum much for the next week but I will be back after my daughter goes back home. I'm looking forward to this visit. I spent a week with her in August for the wedding but we were so busy and had something to do or somewhere to go every minute. Where we live there is nowhere to go and little to do....lol!

Take care friends.....Hugs......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Suzanne ~ I knew it! We were posting at the same time.
    Great minds think alike!

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all!
    At the moment "our" contractor is installing new windows on our porch. We spent yesterday pulling out the old windows and getting the openings prepped. Then we tacked cardboard over the openings so our friendly bears, deer, possums, raccoons wouldn't be tempted into the house. Tomorrow we'll be getting the lumber so we can frame and finish the windows.
    Great strides have been made on the crazy quilt blocks. My only rule has been that no block can have the same fabric more than once. I used 50 fat quarters and there will be 50 blocks, so even though its getting near the end, I think it's going to work out. I pressed all the seams open and used a short stitch length. My plan is to use the dec stitches on my machine and stitch over the seams to get it to the "crazy" point. If you have any thought, please chime in, as I've never done one of these before.
    The sun is finally burning off the fog, so it's time to get back to work. May you all have a wonderful day!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning to everyone!

Today I'm in the studio, creating a ceremonial stole for a good friend to wear as she officiates the wedding of good friends. She nixed my patchwork idea, but I will applique a couple of symbolic designs she's asked for. I'm always a little nervous when the piece I'm making needs to be really, really exact and look perfect. I know she'll love it because it's custom and made just for her, and I've done my best.

Still warm here today, but "cooling" way down into the 70s this weekend. Bring on our day of Fall! Hahahaha....

Sending peace and light and kindness to everyone.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

I'm moving slowly today, I woke up with a sinus headache. I've been massaging and steaming trying to get things moving. I finally decided a sudafed was going to be necessary. Yuck!

I thought the squirrel dude was coming, but with more dark clouds all around, I guess he's decided to stay home. I would have stayed in bed longer!

Big plans, I want to get pictures of my SS stuff and get it all wrapped up today. I need to make sure I have everything that I wanted covered before I start searching for a box. I love getting these things together and with no kids here today, it will be a lot easier to manage.

Morgan had an Usborne book party last night on Facebook. I'd already made my purchases the day before. Morgan had a migraine last night, so I think she probably went straight to bed when they left here after dinner. It was rather dull, no comments, just the poor consultant, showing more books. I felt sorry for her.

Well, time to figure out what we need to get done today. It's Mike's only day off this week. The joys of inventory (he's apparently the only one that's done inventory besides the managers).

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Wheee!! The wild week with my Cousin ended and I needed 2 days of rest. We saw lots of old friends, took a river boat cruise overnight and laughed our heads off. Met lots of new friends and enjoyed the cruise immensely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day 1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	160887

This Friday my son is here for the week end. He lives near the Washington, D.C. area and is back on a business trip. So he snuck in a visit with family, too. He goes all over the world so I feel honored to get more than once a year visit. LOL.

His wife didn't come with him... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my son and daughter in law.. love youz.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	160888

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm moving slowly today. My house alarm sounded art 1:30am with the message, "AC Power Loss." Sure enough, the whole neighborhood was out. I grabbed my cell phone to see if there were any notices from the power company on their web site. But I think even the cell towers were down: no data. I pulled out my hotspot and paired it with a charged tablet. There were 1600 homes without power in my area. And I don't live in one of those "planned outage" areas you may have heard about in California.

It was a silent, cozy time, which I rather enjoyed. I went back to bed around 2am after unplugging all the computers. I own a great clock that automatically re-sets itself to the correct time, so my alarm went off as usual. All my electronics are plugged back in and I'm ready for the day ... a bit late.

P.S. Katrina, I've got a squirrel problem, too. A family has set up housekeeping in the eaves of our roof!
    Last edited by GuitarGramma; October 9th, 2019 at 06:50 PM.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post