Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: It's Tuesday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Tuesday.

Well good morning friends. It's Tuesday and I don't have to work!!! WOOHOO!!

I did have a good day yesterday, although it was very quiet. The boss did take me out for lunch and Les and I went out for supper. We were given gift certificates for our anniversary. Bonus as I didn't have to cook.

The sauerkraut was put in the freezer. 6 bags, I should have enough.

Not sure what I will do today. I will try and get into the sewing room.

Enjoy yourselves today, no matter what you do.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Tuesday.

Good Morning!

Home school will be starting soon. Family dinner was postponed until tonight. It was miserable out there yesterday. We'll be eating left overs nobody ate yesterday. After Jim called and decided to not come, I threw together a pot of Taco soup for Mike and me. I have one container in the freezer and another in the refrigerator for lunch today and probably tomorrow. The dishwasher got a work out yesterday!

Mike locked his keys in the car yesterday, so big brother went to the rescue. If they'd come to dinner, the kids could have stayed here, but that's hindsight and didn't do us a bit of good yesterday. Mike's planning on picking up a spare key today. I think Jim has one, but he'd probably never find it.

Time to get my breakfast before the student gets here.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting ready to take the pups to Houston to be groomed. Dot won't be groomed this time since she's not feeling up to it. She loves to be groomed but it's a stressor for her. My DD will be here Thursday. We will be having a small early birthday party for Dot while she is here. Dottie's 12th birthday is October 27. My groomer has a bakery case with special treats for pets.

My dentist finished my root canal yesterday. In about two weeks I will get the permanent crown put in.

Fall has officially arrived and the furnace has come on a few times in the mornings. We still need the A/C at times to remove the humidity from the house.

Have a good day everyone. Hugs....

6. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Only got a minute. DH is waiting for breakfast. He didn't sleep well last night. Most nights he doesn't sleep well, but some nights he gets less sleep than others.

Yest. I got groc., went to the bakery, & bought a chicken bowl at Chipotle's for lunch take-out. That will do me for 3 meals. In the afternoon, I froze up the 3 large salmon filets I'd bought for DH. I got ~50 individual servings from the filets. In the evening I mixed up my turkey patties.

Today will be the lawn service mowers & the sprinkler system blow-out, which is coming just in time. Temps. are supposed to dip into the 20's later in the week. It's 42 deg. this a.m.

This eve. is our monthly guild mtg.

8. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all and it's nice to read what everyone iis up to,

Beautiful crisp and sunny morning. Yesterday was busy with Victoria Quilt meeting. I am working on a disappearing 9 patch with some very soft feminine fabrics, got 10 blocks done. There was a show and tell of 8 quilts finished since last month. There was also 5 more tops turned in for quilting. The tying table finished 2 yesterday and pinned 3 for another lady who stitches in the ditch at home. She doesn't have space to spread out and pin, so she does it here. My GF and I are the youngest, most are in their 70s and we have one lady who is 86.

I ran errands after the meeting, so supper was later. We watched the English version of the leaders debate, 6 parties, and moderated by 6 women in the news industry. Boy this was hard to follow, as some of them could not help interrupting the other, although most of the moderators were able to make them respect the time limits. I was exhausted after the 2hr program, and retreated to the bedroom to watch quilting tutorials. Elections in 2 weeks, then it's over for roughly 4 years. I slept like a baby.

Today, we are going downtown to meet with US accountant. We planned to take the new 1st phase Light rail system that officially opened yesterday across the city, but decided against it. We will drive instead. Maybe we will take it in the future just to get across town and back. Tonight is guild meeting. I have 2 bags of flannel and batting scraps for a member who makes dog beds for shelter.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. This week has gotten off to a better start for me. Last week our diabetic cat did not want to eat. Since he would not eat, I could not give him insulin. After some meds from the vet, he is feeling better and eating. I have been trying to sew some everyday on my West Palm quilt. I successfully sewed the binding on my octagon baby quilt.

My DH built my IKEA shelves, now I will be able to sort and store my fabric. I have to go through all the closets . I may have to do it when the pup naps.
    Have a good day.
    Beth

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Just got back from my appt. with my pain management doctor. I'll be getting a jell injection in both knees & a steroid inj. in my back but not at the same time. Now on to getting a paraffin wax thingy for my hand I'll be on the top of the world! I may even be able to finish my sewing room! The weather here is so nice. Temps are just my cup of tea. Hope all are having a good day.

Take care of yourself & each other.

Gina

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Good morning all and it's nice to read what everyone iis up to,

Beautiful crisp and sunny morning. Yesterday was busy with Victoria Quilt meeting. I am working on a disappearing 9 patch with some very soft feminine fabrics, got 10 blocks done. There was a show and tell of 8 quilts finished since last month. There was also 5 more tops turned in for quilting. The tying table finished 2 yesterday and pinned 3 for another lady who stitches in the ditch at home. She doesn't have space to spread out and pin, so she does it here. My GF and I are the youngest, most are in their 70s and we have one lady who is 86.

I ran errands after the meeting, so supper was later. We watched the English version of the leaders debate, 6 parties, and moderated by 6 women in the news industry. Boy this was hard to follow, as some of them could not help interrupting the other, although most of the moderators were able to make them respect the time limits. I was exhausted after the 2hr program, and retreated to the bedroom to watch quilting tutorials. Elections in 2 weeks, then it's over for roughly 4 years. I slept like a baby.

Today, we are going downtown to meet with US accountant. We planned to take the new 1st phase Light rail system that officially opened yesterday across the city, but decided against it. We will drive instead. Maybe we will take it in the future just to get across town and back. Tonight is guild meeting. I have 2 bags of flannel and batting scraps for a member who makes dog beds for shelter.

Have an enjoyable day.
    Suzanne, they drive me crazy. They are too busy bashing each other to actually answer the questions asked.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post