Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well it's Monday!!

UGH!!! I really don't want to go to work but I must. Just one day this week and then I can do what I want.

Friday was a success in surprising Greg. We all had a lovely lunch. I stopped at Oktoberfest Friday on my way home and picked up a dozen containers of sauerkraut, not all for me. Spent most of my time with my girl. It was a great weekend all in all. Phil and Maizyn left around lunchtime. I had a wee nap in the afternoon. I also got to Bonnie's house and turned off the water to the outside tap, watered the tree and shut down the dehumidifier and turned the heat on a little. The kids are coming this weekend and will put the outside furniture away. They want to get together as well. Sunday we are spending Thanksgiving with Greg and Ashley and her family as well as Phil too. Busy days ahead.

I bought a bushel of tomatoes on the weekend and hoping they will ripen enough in the next few days so I can make some salsa. I think tomorrow is Guild, not sure if I will make it or not.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Well it's Monday!!

Good morning from a (still) hot and humid New Orleans,

We had so much fun working our wigs yesterday, at the Crescent City Fae wig party. I even taught folks how to make the slip knot when we got to the part where we learned to hand sew in extra wefts.

Today is about designing character look boards for a web pilot I'm costume designing. I'll likely do a little work on a JR rug (I know that they are generally discouraged here; I just find them so easy, and they help my brain engage my thinking/creating process). And then there's always more organising and putting away in the new studio...

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It's RAINING! This is the first rain we've had in over a month so a rainy Monday is welcomed. It's much cooler too. The weekend was quiet, enjoyed the cooler temps. I don't think we'll have a lot of fall color, leaves were falling off the trees during the drought. Today is guild sit-n-sew, but I expect more quilt exhibit prep than sewing will be done since we've only got 11 days left to prepare. This is a big project for 6-7 people to undertake.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Brrr! Our chilliest morning yet, only 36 deg. It's a good thing the sprinkler system gets blown out tomorrow. It's too dark to see, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some frost on the lawn this a.m. We have some much colder temps. coming up later in the week, & a chance of snow! After it warms up, I'll run the sprinkler system for one last time. It's supposed to be sunny & in the 70's today & 2 more days before the weather change.

My hands tell me I did that hand sewing yest. of sewing on 2 labels on the mini quilts for guild. It takes 30 min. for each label. They have to be turned in at tomorrow's meeting. I'm getting frustrated with this arthritis in my hands & a trigger finger that is problematic. I think I also have some neuropathy in my hands. I sometimes have a hard time holding on to the needle. I tend to drop things. My right hand hurts all the time now. Growing older isn't for sissies.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. A bit of an overcast morning here. The plans for today are for lots of sewing to finish things up for Saturday's craft fair. I don't have to pick Henry up from school until Thursday so that means I can work well into the afternoons. I need to take inventory of what is completed and what still needs doing and what will be dropped off the "need to make list". I seem to always over plan.

Time to head to the sewing room. And I also need to head to Hobby Lobby in a bit so off I go. Have a great day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

I haven't posted for a while. I spent a lot of time at the cabin in Sept., and there's no internet there, but that's ok. Even though I have sewing supplies there, I really didn't have any inspiration, so I spent lots of time reading. Yesterday, DS #1, DH, and I made a quick trip to shut everything down for the winter. It's always a sad day for me, since the cabin is truly my happy place.

We're going to have about 3 days of better weather.... 60's and no rain. It's been raining for ever it seems, and there are flood warnings for much of eastern ND and northwestern MN. In Grand Forks, where I work part time, there have been many flooded basements.

Not much else going on here. I have to find "homes" for things we brought back from the cabin....anything that would freeze. So, I guess that's what I'll be doing today.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning and everyone who follow,

I love Fall. I wish this temp would last. The trees are changing colours slowly and hope that we don't get too much heavy rains and winds or they will be gone sooner. Winter can wait, we've been lucky in this part of the country. My GF and I did a road trip through country to a barn quilt sale and pretty little villages. Lots of markets along the way.

Yesterday I needed a brainless project so I cut fabric for a disappearing 9 patch. I will use up all the fabric from that scrapbook bin. I have to make quick and done projects, as I feel I'm not getting many quilts done. I want at least 10 ready to quilt this winter.

Thayer Abaigael - a JR race quilt is a quilt. It's perfect when we need to recharge our creative juices. There are so many variations. I have never made one, but it's on my list and a good way to use up JR. I would love to see pics of costumes.
    Joy - I have arthritis, and can feel when I sew too much.. When my hands get bad, I put them in a hot wax bath. It does wonders. An old aunt of mine, used to have a big wax bath that she warmed in a pot on the stove. She would dip, put hands in plastic bag and wrap with towel for 10 minutes every day. Then she was good to go, chop food as she enjoyed cooking. You do a lot and need these babies to be available for all you do.

This afternoon is Victoria Quilts, I am bringing 3 tops that I added borders to, last week. I also cut more 5" squares for a project I will work on. Tomorrow night is Guild night, and I have 2 quilts to donate. We provide quilts for various charities depending on the size.

DH is still sleeping. I heard him get up middle of night. We are both having restless nights, not sure if it's the time of year, or just too busy with taking care of everyone but ourselves. I think we need some alone time together.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks Monique, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Like you, Monique, I have to work today. I've not been able to fully retire yet. At least I'm getting paid to train people in what I did. That means that the light is at the end of the tunnel!I

I've had two double-lane windows go bad, so I'm getting them measured today. Then work, then phone calls on a myriad of items. We're hoping Clark Pest Control, with whom we have a contract, can help us with the squirrels that have decided to live under our roof tiles!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back from our mini vacation but to have to face Monday, sigh. I guess you pay so you can play. Coolish weather is here so maybe fall has arrived at last. Joy, I have your trigger finger & don't you just love the arthritis combo? No lol here about that. The neuropathy in my right hand is there as well. Too bad we can't bottle that lovely combo to the outer reaches of space. On a happy note, my reorganized sewing room is nearing the finish line.

Not much else to report, so go have fun. Work if you have too but take care.

Hugs, Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon everyone.

What a whirlwind of home school this morning. J left with Nandy and I started on dinner prep. Macaroni salad is done, green beans are done in the crock pot on warm, and cookies for dessert are done and on the microwave where certain little kiddies can see them and quickly clean their plates.

I've called The Handyman Company, and they referred me to a plumber for the water valve behind the new refrigerator. Lowe's guys put it in, we found out that the water valve won't cut off. Mike had to cut the water off to the whole house. Tomorrow, the plumber will come and fix that.

The squirrel guy was planning to come today to take the cage down but it's decided to be a rainy, stormy in fact, morning. I guess, he'll come tomorrow. Home school is going to be very busy... hehe, squirrel guy, plumber and J all at once. It's a good thing we got so much done today!

Time to wrap the ham up and get it ready for the oven. Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou