Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grandchildren

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grandchildren

As the years go by we realize how we have changed,what seemed so important to us when we were young is now something has changed our partner, the children and finally grandchildren, those adorable babies who have the habit of growing up and suddenly they are teenagers with their own opinions, because that is my case, I have four granddaughters 18 and 11 years old and although they are still adorable and good girls, they like sports and dancing, they practice surfing, windsurfing, fishing, snow sports and dance in a group of natives dances and all good but this year the three little ones have decided that they want to play football and although women have been playing football for more than twenty years I have always considered that it is a bit of men for blows, kicks, and bone injuries they suffer, but they don´t see it that way and have decided that they want that, so now I have had to change my mind again and support them in what they want, and that´s what life is saying. So yesterday I attended the first game of my granddaughters with much pride although some respect in case they were injured but everything went well and although they lost 5-3 they did not very badly and all the parents and the only grandmother of the party left happy, now to keep learning and taking life with good humor and hope. Well and after my long explanation here I put some photos that I hope you likeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8789.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	160860Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8790.JPG 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	160861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WCKM2228.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	160862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7329.JPG 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	160863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CGSW4912.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	160864

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Grandchildren

What a beautiful family you have! I have 6 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren, although I don't get to see them often, I love them all dearly.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My gr. kids range in age from 15 to 30; I rarely get to see any of them. They live in other states.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What great pictures of your family. Life has a funny way of changing our thoughts about how it should have been. Change is inevitable. My GKs, the girls 6 & 7 and oldest boy 6 all learned how to play hockey this year, without injury. And being Canadian, I'm almost certain the almost 4 GD and 2 & 1 yr old GS will also learn to play hockey in a few years. I've never had the desire to play hockey or any competitive sports. Kids now play and try all sports, and it's good that they are active.

I guess in the end we want them to be happy in whatever they chose in life. No judgement.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

5. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely family!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful family!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have five, Tyler 24, Ryan 18, Mel 16, Ashtyn 12, Alex 11. Tyler and Ashtyn are brother, and the other three are sisters. We rarely get to see Ashtyn because he lives in Oregon with his dad, and when his mom decides it's time for her to see him, she does not allow us to see him as she is mad at us. She has blocked me on his phone and facebook account, but I have found ways around it, so can still at least speak to him on the phone. If his aunt has him, she will call us so we can visit.

Yours seem quite busy! I tried paddle boarding this past summer with not much luck, but will be at it again next summer.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A lovely family you have. I only have 1 and she is pretty darn special to us.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing your beautiful grandchildren with us. Life has a way of softening our outlooks in so many ways. It is good your GD's have such a supportive grandmother.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I so enjoyed your story. I agree that as parents, as grandparents, and eventually as great grandparents, we must change with the times. I don't agree with everything our grandchildren do, but I love them and try to support them in their choices. Your family is lovely and I enjoyed seeing the pictures.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon