Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fabric Swaps

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fabric Swaps

I've been a member of the forum for a few years and have participated in lots of fabric swaps. Charm swaps, layer cake swaps, Quilt square swaps, pinnies, mug rugs and I've done the Secret Santa twice.

WHERE are the swaps ladies? I used to visit the group page first to see if there was any new swaps listed, and … I got nothin.

I miss the swaps! It was such an awesome way to get fabric from all over, and to get to know others on the forum. I don't think that I'm organized enough to do one myself, but I sure would love to participate in one again.

Anyone? Anyone?
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

2. Thanks sewbizzy, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fabric Swaps

I used to participate in them too. Pixiedust was in charge of many of the layer cake swaps that I was in but I have not seen her here on the forum for a very long time. I would be interested in a charm pack swap but would not want to be in charge of it. I posted last week that I went to check on one of my groups, the I Don't Want It You Can Have It, and it was gone, so I don't know how that happened either.

4. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the first year in all my years here that I am not doing the Secret Santa Swap. I dropped out when someone took a rude stance with me over smoking. In the past I have done runners swaps, and mug rug swaps as well. My take on all of it, is that the tone of the forum has changed. It is not the 'Make Friends' as well as offer advice, forum that it used to be. Much snarkier, and less friendly. There used to be dozens of comments on almost any post, and as you can see, it just is not like that anymore. Many of the long time members just aren't as active as they used to be, if they are involved at all. It really is sad that this too is going by the way side in many of our lives. I miss the old, friendly forum, where the members were so uplifting, and genuinely caring. It has lost it's heart in my opinion.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow auntie em I am sorry you feel that way but I hope you are in the minority. I do not feel this forum is full of snarky comments. I know I have posted some negative remarks but they are not meant to be mean spirited only constructive criticism when the poster asks for opinions.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    This is the first year in all my years here that I am not doing the Secret Santa Swap. I dropped out when someone took a rude stance with me over smoking. In the past I have done runners swaps, and mug rug swaps as well. My take on all of it, is that the tone of the forum has changed. It is not the 'Make Friends' as well as offer advice, forum that it used to be. Much snarkier, and less friendly. There used to be dozens of comments on almost any post, and as you can see, it just is not like that anymore. Many of the long time members just aren't as active as they used to be, if they are involved at all. It really is sad that this too is going by the way side in many of our lives. I miss the old, friendly forum, where the members were so uplifting, and genuinely caring. It has lost it's heart in my opinion.
    Sadly I agree with all you said. I miss all the folks that used to be on here on a regular basis. I miss their input and advice. And yes there used to be lots of good banter between all. Fun chatter for sure. This is not to say there is no good stuff still going, just that is used to be more and more positive.

Where did everyone go. I know I probably dont comment as much as I should and I have not started any posts in a very long time. Something I should change as well. I need to get back to all I love about sewing and quilting. It surely will help my anxiety and depression.

Prayers to all. Come on everyone. Lets get back to more fun. Friendships. Swaps. Etc.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am a follower of the forum for 6 years that I knew this fantastic site and although I do not participate in exchanges because I am away and the cost of transport is expensive I have always had many desires to participate, although if I send Christmas tree ornaments for M* two years. However I agree with EnumclawGramma, people no longer participate so much, they may have tired, but they do read because many people read it and then only a few answer. As you know I am a strange case bacause we are hardly two from my country but since I met the forum I loved people and their kindness and although there are fewer questions now I still love it, I think that maybe people are scared of their privacy, although I think that on the network are the States, Banks, Insurance etc. so we really have part of our life on the net. Wishing that we all feel happy and participate more in this great site, I send greetings

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    I still love this forum, although I admit my heart breaks the few times things get snarky. I just want to pop in and say that I really miss the super-active "original " members, Marilyn, like YOU and many others. AND I really love the currently super-active members, too. This forum is my happy place.

I know that I've inadvertently hurt some feelings here, and I'm still sorry about those times. I've never meant to criticize or hurt anyone, but sometimes the printed word fails to convey a writer's full intent.

At any rate, Marilyn, I'm always excited to see a post from you!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

11. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, Monique, MSN, Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to hear more from the forum original members. You all are a backbone to the forum. Whats up in your worlds these days.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

13. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    I would love to hear more from the forum original members. You all are a backbone to the forum. Whats up in your worlds these days.
    I see quite a few on Facebook!!
    Last edited by Monique; October 9th, 2019 at 10:21 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I see that there are a bunch swap groups, but only 3 active ones, with all of them closed until the end of the year. Is that because many are working hard on holiday projects, and it's harder to get people involved?

How do the fabric swaps work? Can anyone in a swap group start a swap, or only the moderator of the group?