Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Morning, Sunday! :)

Yesterday was super busy. Went to my favorite consignment shop and found 2 lamps, one is a celadon green table lamp with a crackled finished, really pretty. The other one is a Quoisel floor lamp which is very heavy. I've been looking for some good "vintage" lamps for a while. It seems what's available in the stores now are so cheaply made, even when you pay a good amount.
    In the afternoon was the first Gypsy Wife class at my LQS. It's going to be a lot of fun over the next year. I've been wanting to make a quilt in solids so this is the perfect opportunity. I'm going with Grunge in bright multi colors against low volume strips.
    We had dinner with friends last night at a Portuguese restaurant. It's very popular and very small and they don't take reservations. We waited about an hour. Absolutely delicious and worth the wait.
    Today I'm going through some paperwork that has been piling up. Hope to sew a little later.
    Hope everyone has a nice relaxing Sunday evening.
    Last edited by chelea; October 6th, 2019 at 04:21 PM.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Had a really productive day yesterday putting our house back together after all our plumbing issues. I've had a lazy day today. I'm just about to get back to work staging our house to sell.

But I'm also going to set up my Janome 15000 to do a bit of embroidery. Other Janome models have the embroidery units built in. The 15000, unfortunately, has a HUGE embroidery unit that attaches to the back of the machine and swings out. It's then too big to fit on my cabinet, so I have to move it to my dining room table to embroider. I found an IKEA table that folds down to a small profile but opens large enough to accommodate the embroidery set up. I'm going to buy one after we move.

Blessings to all!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have been at a retreat in Alabama all week. We had a great time, as we always do. Old friends and a few new ones. You are right, Claire. It really rained and it was wonderful. I hope it gets here tomorrow. East TN has had no rain at all for 5+ weeks. There is one fire in the mountains, but it is small and under control. I'm exhausted from the 6 hour drive, and ready for bed!

6. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post