Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sapphire 835 Husqvarna Viking help

Recently my SIL sold me her Sapphire 835. It looks like a great machine but it is a brand I have never used. I am a Janome/Singer gal from way back.

Any advice or tutorials would be welcomed!

What happened to my trusted Singer s18 you may be asking (ok, maybe you weren't asking )? My special needs grandson put fray check in the bobbin assembly. 3/4 of a bottle. I didn't notice until 6 weeks later. Apparently, Fray Check turns a really hard plastic. Sigh

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sapphire 835 Husqvarna Viking help

I had the Sapphire 930 and hated it, so when the needle clamp assembly wore out (5years!!) I sold it to someone willing to deal with all the issues.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    I had the Sapphire 930 and hated it, so when the needle clamp assembly wore out (5years!!) I sold it to someone willing to deal with all the issues.
    Well since I only paid $125, I think any issues that may appear will be worth it. Besides, a cranky machine is better than no machine. Here's hoping my experience will be better than yours.

Any tips or hints you remember about your machine that may help me?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/en-HK...s/SAPPHIRE-835 There's a copy to the manual there if you don't have your manual. I know I still refer to mine all the time.

I love my sapphire 835!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Go to YouTube. There are several videos available.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am sad to hear your S18 got glued up! Boo hoo! Hope the new machine works well for you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If the bobbin assembly is metal on the S18 I would try soaking it in acetone
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Vicky!! Other than machine issues, how is everything on the west coast? Nice to see, was thinking of you the other day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations. I love my Sapphire, can't remember if it's 835 or 855, but in any case I love Husquarvarnas. It's not too computerized to give you grief. Like you I was a Songer girl, u til we got a Husky. Now I have 3, only because 2 came from friends downsizing.

Biggest tip and best thing about them -- NEVER OIL them. The metal is self-lubricating. I would clean it thoroughly if it has not been servicedin awhile. I clean the bobbin area with pe cleaners, also shoving it deep in all the crevices by the side. You would be amazed how much fluff accumulates. I bring mine in every 5-6 years, not because they need it. I recently bought one like the one my daughter got when she was 9 yrs old. She's in her 30s. My plan is to teach my GD to sew on it, then she can go home and sew on her mom's machine. Husquarvana had a program way back called 'Kids Can Sew' - teaching kids as young as 5 to sew. It would be great for your GS. Just put away any glues.

For your damaged Singer bobbin, I would try breaking up the dried Fray Check, picking at it, and then using Q-tip with machine oil.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would imagine you could get a new bobbin assembly from Singer. If they don't have it, it is equivalent to the Janome 1600. It would be worth a shot.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

11. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post