• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP Oct 4 - 10, 2019

Quiet in here this last week! Hopefully that just means that everyone is busy with good things.

I've been very swamped at work and have put in quite a few extra hours over the last few days. We are down two head count, but yesterday we got a new hire in to help out. She interned with us last summer, so she is getting up to speed quickly. Since I've been covering a bunch for both people that are out, I'm very happy LOL.

Not a lot of crafting time this week, but nothing really planned for the weekend, so I should be able to get back to quilting on something after work today. Housework, laundry do need to happen, but so will needles and threads!!!
  • CraftyJnet
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2015

Re: WiP Oct 4 - 10, 2019

My DH's Bigfoot quilt top is done. I ordered the backing fabric this morning so I should be able to continue working on it next week. I paid the $7 for fed ex shipping on free shipping day - Yay! In the meantime, I am working on a simple strip and flip baby quilt, or a Stack and Flip quilt as Jenny calls it.

Jeannette

Comment

• CraftyJnet
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2015

Well I finished the baby quilt top and I don't have the backing fabric yet for it. There is enough left of the jelly roll to make another so I guess that's what I'll start on now. I'm on a roll! Don't bother me about cooking or cleaning, I'm sewing!

Jeannette

Comment

• DeniseSm
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2013

I am working on the Euclid Avenue pattern by Sassafras Lane Designs. It is a foundation pieced quilt. I decided to use freezer paper piecing because I hate ripping the paper off of paper pieced foundations. You fold the freezer paper along the sew line and sew right next to the fold. No paper to rip off and you can reuse the freezer paper foundations again and again (I get about 8 uses per freezer paper foundation.)
        100_5271.JPG
        This is a very beginner friendly foundation pattern. You only need to sew three straight lines from one edge to the other edge to make this block. The other block is a mirror or reverse image.
        100_5268.JPG
        This simple block when combined together and rotated makes wonderful secondary patterns. Isn't that cool.
        100_5274.JPG100_5275.JPG
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• KarenC
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2015

Finally finished this for a friend today. Details about it in another post. Fan Quilt 10.2019.jpg Fan Quilt Detail 10.2019.jpg
          Karen
          Spring, TX

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Last week is a blur, but I did finish 26 microwave bowls for craft show. I also sold 7 tea towels with border, so I only have 53 left for the sale. No problem. I also picked fabric from my stash to add borders to 3 Victoria quilts to make them to size. A friend made tops and no desire to finish, so she has donated many to this charity. Very generous.

Yesterday I had hoped to continue cutting fabrics for my hanging garden quilt, but I went to a barn quilt sale and show. I saw some beautiful quilts for sale, ranging from $50 to $1500. Sellers pay 10% to barn owner. Not your typical barn.

Funny when I don't sew during the day, I dream of quilts and quilt ideas.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

I started walking foot quilting on a king flying geese quilt yesterday. It is going along nicely but it is quite a lot to manage, big and heavy so I only did an hour or so.
              After shoving that one around a while I got out an Edyta Sitar wedding ring pattern with the fabrics I bought last Oct and started cutting. This will be a challenge and may take the rest of my life to finish. I did get all [?] the strip sets cut yesterday. I will get them stitched and then cut some shapes for one block before doing anything else.
              I bought the applique shapes from her so have a lot invested. It should get done.
              Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Maria Sews
                Missouri Star
                • May 2017

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                I started walking foot quilting on a king flying geese quilt yesterday. It is going along nicely but it is quite a lot to manage, big and heavy so I only did an hour or so.
                After shoving that one around a while I got out an Edyta Sitar wedding ring pattern with the fabrics I bought last Oct and started cutting. This will be a challenge and may take the rest of my life to finish. I did get all [?] the strip sets cut yesterday. I will get them stitched and then cut some shapes for one block before doing anything else.
                I bought the applique shapes from her so have a lot invested. It should get done.
                I just looked that up to see what it looked like - beautiful quilt! I also saw that there is an update on one of the templates. In case you don't know about it, here is the link:

Maria
                From Sunny Alberta, Canada

Comment

• Grey Lady
                  The Guild President
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                  I purchased that wedding ring pattern, then decided I must have lost my mind. I'm not ready for curves yet. LOL. I hope you will post your progress.
                  Diana Grey

Comment

• Kgrammiecaz
                    Missouri Star
                    • May 2013

Denise. That pattern is really cool. And I love the colors.
                    Karen
                    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Maria Sews View Post
                      I just looked that up to see what it looked like - beautiful quilt! I also saw that there is an update on one of the templates. In case you don't know about it, here is the link:

https://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/...ng-update.html
                      Thanks for this, I had not seen it. I bought her acrylic templates, I hope they are the correct size and shape. If they don't match the paper one I may get in touch with her and return for the correct size. That is quite aggravating.
                      So far I have just done the 4 patches and a couple of strip sets for the arched parts. I have not cut any background yet.
                      I did make a drunkerd's path quilt a while back without problems, maybe I can do this.
                      Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2015

I needed a brainless project yesterday afternoon. I went stash shopping. Last spring I won $100 on a shop hop, and picked up the floral fabric and coordinating fabrics. They had a draw at that LQS later that month, and I won another $50, so more fabrics. I was on a streak. I had visions of making a stain glass quilt, but alas, I' going to try to adopt the 'Get it done' attitude.

It's a simple disappearing 9 patch and I am drawing in more shades of red, orange and yellow, 3 shades of green. I wil go until I run out of fabrics.

image.jpg

Comment

• CraftyJnet
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jun 2015

I finished my simple batik baby quilt. I just straight-lined quilted it, for I am afraid of FMQ!
                          IMG_1974 - Copy.jpg

Jeannette

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                            Missouri Star
                            • Aug 2015

I finished the blocks of another Dis-9 patch for VQC. I sewed one row to see width. I will need to add a narrow border to make correct width on sides. I know I will need larger border on top and bottom.

image.jpg

Also made a few more blocks of the bright coloured D-9 patch.

Really, really need to cut background fabric for retreat.

Comment

Working...
                            X