• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ktdid
    The Guild President
    • Dec 2018

Packing slip stop complaining

I get so tired of all the complaining because you don't have a packing slip. Get over it! It's simple, I always take a screen shot of my order, including items, & prices. I can also save the email they send which has everything on it. If you'd just a moment to think about it, not hard to figure it out. Print out your order if you want a paper copy problem solved!
    Kate (Oklahoma)
    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: Packing slip stop complaining

I can appreciate the need for going green, and it makes sense.

However, if the box is damaged as one one of my frecent orders was, there is no way for the person at customs or post office to check who gets the pieces that have come out of box.

I appreciate that it doesn't affect you, but international orders must pay tax or customs on items. Some items are not taxable and because of free trade have no customs duty, When the packing slip is not included identifying the items, you pay entire tax and customs, as they decide.

Perhaps they should make the on-line order PDF printable.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KarenC
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2015

Suzanne, you have some very good points. Maybe send a pm to Al, and see if it's something that could be done for international orders.
      Karen
      Spring, TX

Comment

• Squeaky
        Applique Angel
        • Aug 2012

It could also be an option at checkout - check the box to request an in-box printed copy or leave the box unchecked if you prefer not - with the default set to not checked on domestic orders, it would reduce paper use when it's not specifically requested or needed and for those that do want it included, they can check it off and it's not just a "wasted" use of paper for them.

Comment

• auntstuff
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2017

And not everyone can afford to own a printer, much less feed it ink.
          She who dies with the most quilts is......
          Still dead.
          What's your hurry?

Comment

• K. McEuen
            Super Moderator
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

I wonder how many have emailed and called the store with their packing slip issues. Really, that is the he way to report problems. Al reads the forum when he has time, which isn't anything close to daily.
            K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

• minipinlady
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2018

I live in Ontario, and I always have a packing slip in mine. I received a package yesterday.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

I have never received a Missouri Star package with no packing slip inside. You can look up your orders easily to check what you ordered and see if it is all there or packed correctly once you get your package.

Comment

• Caroline T.
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2016

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
                  I get so tired of all the complaining because you don't have a packing slip. Get over it! It's simple, I always take a screen shot of my order, including items, & prices. I can also save the email they send which has everything on it. If you'd just a moment to think about it, not hard to figure it out. Print out your order if you want a paper copy problem solved!
                  Want to know what I get tired of? People complaining about people complaining!

Two people in this forum have mentioned that they had issues with not receiving packing slips with their shipping. It's not like half the forum is griping. So in your own words "Get over it!".

Comment

• KPH
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2015

I'll still miss the trivia, quack, quack.
                    Katrina
                    From NC, retired in FL
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• auntstuff
                      Missouri Star
                      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post

Two people in this forum have mentioned that they had issues with not receiving packing slips with their shipping. It's not like half the forum is griping. So in your own words "Get over it!".
                      THANK YOU!
                      She who dies with the most quilts is......
                      Still dead.
                      What's your hurry?

Comment

• BillNye
                        Administrator
                        The Guild President
                        • Feb 2009

So on the international shipping front, we have two things we're trying that might have a bit of overlap, but expect major announcements on canada shipping in the next month or two. On the pick slip side, we've been playing with ways of making our packaging faster and have been running a few tests, you may have been in the no pick slip test group, I'll see if there's a policy update happening and see to it you don't get stuck with crummy customs stuff.

Thanks for the positive input all!

Comment

• ktdid
                          The Guild President
                          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post

Thank you so much for the lovely comments, and yes, I did get over it! and it was jjkaiser who wanted to know what to do. Maybe there should be a heading under squeaky wheel called Bill's happy place, saying what you like instead of dislike.
                          Kate (Oklahoma)
                          There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• nativetexan
                            Banned
                            Missouri Star
                            • Feb 2018

Oh i don't always get packing slips but like to have them. i do still have a printer but am again almost out of ink. I like to keep the pking slip with items purchased so i can remember quickly where i got it from. but more than that, i'm just happy to get my stuff, from any company. So no big complaints here.

Comment

• RiverMomm
                              Missouri Star
                              • Apr 2012

ktdid, in response to your posting, obviously, there is history to this issue for you to use such a tone (i.e. Get over it). I don't see a lot of complaints but rather concerns and I thought that was what the squeaky wheel was all about. I hope you are having a better day today.

Packing slips are super important for international orders. Customs prefers packing slips included instead of the customer printing out an invoice. The difference is between paying nothing to paying A LOT in taxes, duties and brokerage fees. They are also important to those of us that are ordering a lot from different companies (international or not). My life is very hectic as my household now includes my super lovable, sweet, 5 yr old autistic grandson. I need packing slips just to remember what I ordered on a good day. LOL And finally, MSQC packing slips are nice because they bring a smile when we read them. Smiles are always a bonus.

And I am super excited about any news about Canadian shipping changes from MSQC! I WANT to order again! Ok, super super super excited!! Thank you Al! I quit buying from MSQC because of the wait when the package sits and sits and sits in New Jersey. I guess the shipping company waits until they have enough packages to ship a lot at one time. When I get packages shipped to me from China faster than Missouri, it's time to stop ordering. And shipping to Georgia and New York was taking a bit too long as my visits are normally only one or two weeks. Again, thank you MSQC for any positive changes in shipping-internationally and nationally!

Comment

Working...
                              X