Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Well Thursday has arrived

The garage looks a lot better. It still needs more work. It makes no sense that I have the kids 3 bicycles, Jim's bike, and Mike's bike all in my garage. The cars in the driveway prevent the kids from taking them out. Jim hasn't ridden since he brought his bike here. Mike's only been on his bike once in this last year. Then there's my trike (from my childhood), a big wheel and one of those plastic cars. That's half of the garage! Geez!

My phone's been spoofed. I'm pulling my hair out, 10 calls today from 'houghhoward'. I've called AT&T and got another call while on the cell phone with them. I've filled out the form with the FBI that AT&T told me to fill out when they called again. Mike found a way to block the call on the phone, but it still rings 1 time. It's bloody annoying! I feel like yanking all of the house phones out and just using my cell. Hopefully, it will stop soon! I'd hate to have to call everyone and tell them to use my cell phone instead of my house phone, but it may come down to that.

Mike and I went to Lowe's and picked up the casters for the cabinet in the kitchen. He didn't feel like messing with it after dealing with the heat in the garage this morning. I don't blame him. I was miserable, myself!

Now to try to figure out what's for dinner.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again. Time flew by, and I forgot to get the ribs in the oven early. It's going to be a late dinner - trying a new recipe.

I finished the microwave bowls. Argg! We also went to IKEA to get an extra Besta cabinet and some underbed fabric storage bags. I will use the latter for storing quilts in a closet. The cedar chest is full. All 6 quilt racks are also full.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Back again. Time flew by, and I forgot to get the ribs in the oven early. It's going to be a late dinner - trying a new recipe.

I finished the microwave bowls. Argg! We also went to IKEA to get an extra Besta cabinet and some underbed fabric storage bags. I will use the latter for storing quilts in a closet. The cedar chest is full. All 6 quilt racks are also full.
    Jim's supposed to come tomorrow and finish up my quilt ladders. He doesn't know he's going to setting up the digital phone call protect, too. Tis OK, he's going to get ham for dinner on Monday!

Mike will be at work in the morning. His project is to put the casters on the entertainment cabinet. It's going to be a quiet morning followed by a busy afternoon.
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Good morning all,

Crisp morning again. I don't mind. The leaves are starting to change colours, slowly. I was up at 6am, and applying hot compress to my eye. It's still swollen and it helps with pain, then I will apply the antibiotic cream after I shower. Dorothy came over yesterday and we found some fabrics in my stash to add borders to VQC quilt tops. We get some donations of fabrics, but not always pretty or appropriate. I have so much fabric I don't mind sharing. My friend Pat did declare that I now have a problem. She has never seen my stash so large. She is my enabler when we go to LQS. She will remind me now that I don't need any more. I will remind her she doesn't need any more clothes, shoes or purses when we shop.

Today I will continue to work on items for craft show. I picked up some ribs and will try a new recipe with bourbon sauce. I also picked up veggies at local market.

I have to send an email to M*. I placed 2 orders in Sept. The one I received yesterday also didn't have a packing slip. I ordered the last 2 editions of Block, but they sent me one from 2018. this order took 2 weeks and was sent regular, and i had to pay customs & tax. The second order I got in 4 days. There is no rhyme or reason, but packing slips I really want.

Monique - enjoy your visit with your sons and GD.
    Myrna - good luck with raising funds for your guild projects.
    Joy - I would have liked to see Kaffe Fassett show. You do get good speakers. It reminds me I still have a few JR to use.

Have an enjoyable day.
    Suzanne, yesterday (at the forum retreat), we were lucky to have a tour of the warehouse. One of the things that we learned was that they no longer include packing slips with the packages. The orders are packed according to the online order, and checked with the screen online before the box is put on the next roller with a barcode and goes to the next spot for the mailing label. I don't remember if the reason was to save money, paper, or just be green, but they did recently quit printing them. If you ever or there and have the opportunity to attend a warehouse tour, it is worth it.

7. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll miss my trivia tidbit. quack quack
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My M* order arrived today. I also noticed no packing slip, just a thank you card with the person's name who filled the order. IMO, all pkgs. being mailed should include a packing slip that includes the sender's & the recipient's addresses, just in case the exterior of the box/pkg. is damaged. I had to look up on line my order & the amount since it wasn't in the box. Also missed the trivia. My items arrived in good condition & in a timely fashion. I was pleased with the Java Batiks JR from the DD a few days ago. The white on white yardage was nice, too.

Katrina ~ Sorry you're having problems with calls to your phone. We have kept our land line & screen our calls with the msg. recorder. We don't answer the phone unless the caller identifies themselves & it's someone we know. Our msg. goes like this: "You have reached (our no.). If you are a telemarketer, please put our number on your no call list and hang up now. All other callers, please leave a msg. & we'll return your call as soon as possible. Thank you, & have a good day." We get anywhere from 1-5 hang-ups/day. I understand folks with cell phones get many more robo calls. It must be a nuisance. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that. Even though we signed up on the no call list, we still get solicitation. Charities & politicians still leave msgs. Sometimes it will be just a phone no. someone wants you to call. No way! They're probably in some foreign country & trying to scam you out of your money.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the no packing list idea! When I am working on a project I like to cut a smidgen of each ydg piece and tape it to the packing slip in case I need to order more of something then I know where it came from. Does anyone know if it is possible to print your own packing list or order sheet? That would be a substitute??

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post