Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well Thursday has arrived

Good morning friends. Another day in the making. It was another quiet day yesterday. My boss came in and saw the sewing machine in the desk. All she had was a smile on her face, so it doesn't bother her at all. I continued to make 4 patch blocks. Not sure what I will work on today.

Phil and Maizyn arrive tonight. Tomorrow I am having lunch with Greg and Phil is interested in coming too. It might turn into a family affair.

Have to run. Have a wonderful day my friends. To those at the Birthday Bash, I have no doubt you are having a wonderful time.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Well Thursday has arrived

Good morning Monique and all who follow!
    Yesterday I finished sewing DH’s Bigfoot quilt top. Tomorrow (payday) I will order the backing for it. In the meanwhile I think I’ll start a child’s quilt. I hope everyone on the forum has a fantastic day today!

Jeannette

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning, Monique and those to follow!

It is so cold here this morning; 38 degrees! I hate being cold and being able to see your breath outside. Brrrrr!

The new job is going great, so far. Currently, I am finishing up the Moda Bakeshop Summer Quilt Along and also working on the NQC Block Swap Challenge. Plus, anything else going on with the local quilt guild I belong to! Busy, busy!

I hope everyone has a great Thursday and let their minds create gorgeous quilts! Quilty hugs!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Chilly here, too, but not as cold as VT. It's 48 deg. It's supposed to be 70 today & 80 tomorrow, but the temps. definitely are trending down, esp. at night.

Yest. after BSF I had my usual inexpensive Wendy's lunch ($2.70), then drove out to Walmart for 2 Rx's & groc. I needed chicken, celery & carrots for soup. It's that time again. Chicken soup is on the agenda for this a.m. -- an all morning job. I did the veg. prep. yest. afternoon so I'd be free to watch Survivor in the evening.

I'm expecting my M* order any day (DD & yardage from several days ago). Part of my Amazon order came yest., delivered in a soft sided mailer, so the box inside was crushed. Not happy about that. I had ordered 4 boxes of disp. gloves. Why send 1 box that way, & 3 boxes in another shipment?! Makes no sense. I hope the remaining 3 boxes come in a box. I use a lot of gloves around the house for DH's medical procedure every other day, gardening, housecleaning (to avoid exposure of chemicals on the skin), etc.

No more time now.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It's been stifling hot here this week, but this is supposed be our last day of temps in the high 90's. I hope so! I'm sewing blocks for a full size quilt for my grand-daughter, sewing mostly in the mornings due to the heat.

Our guild is putting together a quilt exhibit to be held on Oct. 19. We're trying to raise $$ to buy supplies for our charity quilts. We're advertising it now. I hope it all goes okay. There are only 6 of us to get approx. 50 quilts hung for display on the morning of the exhibit so we'll have to hustle. Please keep us in your thoughts.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....I have an early appt for a haircut today. This will throw our schedule off for the day and Sugar will be upset and she will complain at top volume for a while and be generally uncooperative the rest of the day.

Today our weather is supposed to cool way down. I will believe it when I see it. Yesterday it was 92. Still no rain and the grass has burned up.

I need to get my wiggle on for now....will check back later today. Have a great day everyone.....

12. Thanks Debbie Watters, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Crisp morning again. I don't mind. The leaves are starting to change colours, slowly. I was up at 6am, and applying hot compress to my eye. It's still swollen and it helps with pain, then I will apply the antibiotic cream after I shower. Dorothy came over yesterday and we found some fabrics in my stash to add borders to VQC quilt tops. We get some donations of fabrics, but not always pretty or appropriate. I have so much fabric I don't mind sharing. My friend Pat did declare that I now have a problem. She has never seen my stash so large. She is my enabler when we go to LQS. She will remind me now that I don't need any more. I will remind her she doesn't need any more clothes, shoes or purses when we shop.

Today I will continue to work on items for craft show. I picked up some ribs and will try a new recipe with bourbon sauce. I also picked up veggies at local market.

I have to send an email to M*. I placed 2 orders in Sept. The one I received yesterday also didn't have a packing slip. I ordered the last 2 editions of Block, but they sent me one from 2018. this order took 2 weeks and was sent regular, and i had to pay customs & tax. The second order I got in 4 days. There is no rhyme or reason, but packing slips I really want.

Monique - enjoy your visit with your sons and GD.
    Myrna - good luck with raising funds for your guild projects.
    Joy - I would have liked to see Kaffe Fassett show. You do get good speakers. It reminds me I still have a few JR to use.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. What a difference in the weather here. Yesterday we woke to temps in the 70's. We headed to the beach. This morning it was in the 50's and grey and damp. I will head to my sewing room. 😊

Looks like everyone has a busy day in front of them. Hope all goes well with whatever you have planned. I hear my sewing room calling me. I have baby shower gifts, Secret Santa projects and craft fair stuff to work on so I'd better get a move on. Have a great day all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning

Last night I thought of a lot of things I need to take care of before the new refrigerator comes...like clear a path through the garage. Mike and I are cleaning out the leftovers and not adding to the contents until Monday. I hope. I'll have to take the veggies to the freezer in the garage, but I'll have to take out some water jugs (hurricane prep) so they'll fit.

I also decided I'm going to go pick up 4 casters to put under my cabinet in the kitchen. I really need it to roll out of the way if necessary. That's a job I think Mike and I can handle. Main thing is not to break the glass top that I had cut to protect the wood top of the cabinet.

Mike works tomorrow, so it's time to get busy. Jim called this morning on the way to work. He did alright on his project yesterday. Not was well as he would have liked, but a problem came up and the instructor saw his thinking process while he fixed it. Then at the end the instructor told him that he wished he had a project like that in his portfolio. So, I take that as a win, win. Prove you can think on your feet when you're dead tired, and something better than your instructor has, to boot!

Time to get busy, Mike's up. Poor thing doesn't know what's in store for him today. Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again ~ The chicken soup is done & cooling on the racks on the K. counter. It made 14 qts. Glad that job is done for now. I use so many kettles & bowls during the process, there always is a lot to wash up afterwards.

Sunny today. The rabbits are hunched down in the back yard enjoying the day. Almost any time I look out in the back yard & alley, I can see 2-4 rabbits. Yest. afternoon one was stretched way out relaxing in the sun.

Suzanne ~ Sorry for your shipping woes with M*. I hope your order gets resolved soon. The Lyons Quilt Store has a very large selection of Kaffe Fassett fabrics -- more than any other shop in the area. The owners have brought in other renowned quilters for classes or lectures. Kaffe's partner, Brandon, we here by himself within the past few yrs. Ricky Tims lives in S. Colo. He has his own retreat center. He did a 3-d. seminar/lecture at the Larimer Co. Fairgrounds event center a few yrs. ago. I've watched him on YT. He's very entertaining. His quilts are beautiful. Anyone can browse his web site to view his gallery. His remote mountain home was spared in that bad wildfire last year or the year before. There were postings about his drive up to the mts. to discover if he still had a house standing. His home was surrounded by burn scar, but his house was spared.

I noticed that Jenny Doan's trunk show tour includes Coeur d'Alene, ID. If I still lived in ID, you can be sure I'd be in attendance. DH grew up in CdA. It's a beautiful area.

Well, time to get on with the rest of my day.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post