Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Happy Tuesday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Tuesday

Good morning friends. I had a relatively quiet day yesterday. I finished 3 SS gifts completely. I need to figure out what to bring today. I may take a machine with me today.

I did visit with a friend of mine who lives in the village and came home with a sewing machine. Apparently it is a White sewing machine. I haven't looked at it yet, it is still in the van. I will also bring her some magazines as well.

Other than that, there really isn't much to say for today.

We are expecting really warm weather today with thunderstorms. One has already passed but it wasn't close by. I froze at work yesterday so I think I shall bring in my little heater with me. The one there was making an awful racket.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Tuesday

Good morning. We will enjoy 2 more days of warm weather, and then it becomes cooler. I have to get moving to take my car into the dealership to have the 15,000 mile work up. Not sure if I will need new tires and brakes. I am hard on brakes.

I am still working on getting the binding on the baby quilt. The pup does not sleep much during the day.

Have a good day.
    Beth

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique, the business at the PO must be slow if you can get so much sewing done & are considering taking a mach. with you. We have those milk house small space heaters in each of our bathrooms. The one we've had for years; the other one died a few yrs. ago. I bought a similar one from Amazon. We never leave them plugged in; we only use them as needed.

This a.m. we woke up to rain. It's 54 deg. & supposed to be only in the 60's today. Yest. was sunny, but there was a cool breeze that felt like Fall.

Yest. eve. was the Kaffe Fassett lecture on color. Lyons Quilting invited him & Brandon; they will be teaching classes at the store this week. He was funny, interesting, & the slide show of his paintings, quilts, fabrics, & knitted items was fantastic. The auditorium seated 250; I purchased my ticket ($35.) way back in April b/c they said seating was limited. Of course, the classes were sold out with a waiting list. Kaffe & Brandon had recently been in Seattle & Idaho. One of our guild members, who also teaches at Lyons Quilting, took them up into Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park yest. a.m. At the conclusion of the lecture, there was a long line of folks waiting to have their books signed by Kaffe.

No more time now.

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...I just spent almost two hours filling out Open Enrollment forms for our medical insurance next year. There should be an easier way.

Jeff got held over at work for 6 hours yesterday so our dinner was put in the fridge and hopefully it will warm up well tonight. The cleaning cycle on the oven is running and the house smells bad. I have all of the bedroom doors closed to keep the stink out. After the oven is done I plan to wash our Jadeite collection and clean the fridge. Of course, the pups will try to help me. They go crazy when they see me use anything with a long handle (vacuum, mop, broom) and they have to go into their crates until I'm done.
    It's a circus around here at times. Nothing bothers Dottie.

I hope everyone has a great day....stay safe.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

Same weather as Monique, rain & t-storms but hot & humid expected. I'm just happy not to be living in parts of the country that have received dumps of 3-4 feet of snow. Ok, so I store my winter tires and they called 2 weeks ago to book appt. really, we don't get snow usually until November.

I'm still working on the microwave bowls and now I remember why I don't make these often. They are time consuming, even if I am working production style. I think I will have 25 when done. I also have batting cut for 6 plate-size cosies. These may have to wait. I've got to add borders to a few VQC quilts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	160805

My eye is more swollen this morning. I used the stye Rx cream yesterday, from this summer. Not sure if that's what brewing underneath, but it isn't as painful. I think I reacted to the fibres on the tarp we wrapped boat with. It was crumbling and I probably irritated my eye.

Getting together with a GF later today. Have an enjoyable day.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; October 1st, 2019 at 10:39 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    I have not been on as regularly as I have been because there has not been much new going on here but I do hop on each morning to see how everyone is doing.

I am glad to say the Wreath making project I was working on for our Pilot Club marketplace has come to an end. The gals were quick learners and steady workers and we completed 30 of them to sell. This was a major undertaking time wise. Now I can return to my own sewing again. I did get a chance to sew up four flannel pillowcases for my grandson for Christmas. He loves sleeping on those during the winter months.

I have everything done for our upcoming craft fair in November. I am primarily selling my wreaths, I have about 6 fall ones 15 Christmas/winter ones. some assorted table runners, and some small gift items. My granddaughter is sharing a table with me this year. She has made some very cute sets of white plates that say Santa's cookies in a fancy red script, and small milk bottles that say Santa's milk, and added a red and white striped straw. Cute way to set out Santa's cookies.

Last night I made some eggplant parm for dinner. Our plants still had 3 eggplants on them, it has been a longer than usual growing season here. Had enough for dinner and some for the freezer.

Not sure how today's weather is going to turn out, not real sunny out there. We'll, better get a move on I want to get the fall decorations out it's my favorite time of the year.

Wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Eggplant parm sounds so yummy to me.
    I have been working on the piles in my workroom, I managed to get a small quilt fmq and the binding sewn to one side. Maybe today I can get the other side sewn and two random extra blocks sewn to batting/backing for "mats". I don't have a purpose for them but wanted to do something with them, they may turn into little boxes.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon.

Morning home school is over for the week. I don't know if Zeke will be here in the morning or not. We'll see. I'll have time this afternoon to get Math pulled for next week. Then I'll have to clean up and stack the workbooks and stuff stays here.

Mike will be working until closing tonight. Good thing he's off tomorrow.

Yesterday after dinner, Jim and I went to Lowe's. I bought a new refrigerator and it will be delivered on Sunday afternoon. I hope. So far, the ice maker is working, but there are icicles hanging from the front edge. I'm pretty sure the water hoses are probably clogged since the house didn't have a water filtration system before we moved in. I know the water heater was full of calcium/ lime deposits when the new water heater was installed with the solar panels. Researching yesterday, one thing that really floored me, was that we shouldn't expect a refrigerator to last over 6-7 years. The condenser runs 24/7 now because it's more energy efficient, so they just wear out quicker. I wish Howard was here to confirm or deny. He was my totally handy, handyman.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning/afternoon!
    Today's weather is supposed to hit a high of 72. It was chilly last night. We went out to dinner with my neighbor and my MIL. It was a nice change of pace. Today I will be working on the bigfoot quilt. My DH saw the bigfoot block last night and was just tickled! So I need to get cracking and sew all the blocks together. I hope all of my forum friends have a fantastic day today!

Jeannette

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, do your fur babies have a problem when you clean your oven? Mine did. She seemed to be restless. I would try to keep the doors open and the fans on, but we have a small home and it was hard to keep the smell from permeating everywhere.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post