• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

My trip to PEI, picture heavy

Good morning friends. Here are some highlights of our trip. We arrived in PEI two days early, ahead of some rain that was coming. We were able to get our site early as well. We got our spot set up and the gazebo tarped up.

gazebo tarped up.jpg

We were quite comfortable in there. At least we were dry. We slept in the van at night on an air mattress and were quite comfortable in there as well. We spent our anniversary at a favorite place we like, The Chowder House. And we had lobster bisque and lobster for supper that night. The hurricane came 2 days later, but we moved to a cabin on the Friday. Tree damage everywhere. The corn fields were destroyed, very sad to see. We spent time on beaches looking for sea glass and we were quite successful in one particular spot. We stayed until the last day the campground was open which was the 22nd. That weekend was the 70 mile long garage sale.

sleeping quarters.jpg

gazebo tarped up.jpg

park closed.jpg

hurrican cabin.jpg

hurricane damage.jpg

hurrican damage.jpg

sea glass.jpg

more garage sale madness.jpg

garage sale madness.jpg

big potatoe.jpg This is the potatoe museum where I had potatoe soup for lunch, waiting for Les to finish his golf game. I went to the quilt store there and yes I broke down and bought fabric there.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: My trip to PEI, picture heavy part 2

This was our beach at the campground, seals gather in the distance when the tide is low.

After the hurricane, we were without power for 7 days but we remained at the campground as much of the island was without power. We were sent to another provincial park that had power for showers and I managed to get laundry done there as well. We had a lovely couple stay as well and guess what? She is a quilter herself. We were the only 2 couples in the campground all week, we had lots of laughs at night around the campfire.

All in all it was a wonderful vacation, one we don't forget for sure. I am glad to be back home but still having trouble getting into the swing of things.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

Re: My trip to PEI, picture heavy

Great pics Monique.

That will be a memorable trip for sure. You are much more adventuresome than we are for accommodation. We did joke about sleeping in the car if we were caught without a hotel room. These are times you can reminisce about on your old age.

I have been to that lighthouse that has the Sea Glass. I miss PEI. We're planning next year's trip already. I'm trying to think of a way I could go and sew overlooking the water. That part may not happen.

Thanks for sharing.
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Monique
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
        Great pics Monique.

That will be a memorable trip for sure. You are much more adventuresome than we are for accommodation. We did joke about sleeping in the car if we were caught without a hotel room. These are times you can reminisce about on your old age.

I have been to that lighthouse that has the Sea Glass. I miss PEI. We're planning next year's trip already. I'm trying to think of a way I could go and sew overlooking the water. That part may not happen.

Thanks for sharing.
        You could rent a cabin facing the water. That sea glass was in the Lighthouse at Souris. We were very successful collecting sea glass at Souris. I could have spent hours scouring the beach. As it was I collected quite a few large baggies full.

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

I'm so glad you had a great time, even though Dorian created quite the mess.
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Monique
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

My score at the Buy Rite store, which is a variety store that also sells fabric. Each bag was $1. I love this store.

score at Buy-Rite.jpg

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
              Missouri Star
              • Nov 2012

Re: My trip to PEI, picture heavy part 2

Thanks for sharing, Monique! Visiting PEI has long been on my bucket list . Maybe someday...

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                You could rent a cabin facing the water. That sea glass was in the Lighthouse at Souris. We were very successful collecting sea glass at Souris. I could have spent hours scouring the beach. As it was I collected quite a few large baggies full.
                The restaurant at the Souris Lighthouse had a great Mac & Cheese with lobster as I recall. DH got his pirate tshirt there.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• laura44
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2014

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I am a beach glass collector too.
                  Do you want some from San Francisco? I have tons.

Comment

Working...
                  X