Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: It's Saturday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Saturday!

Good Morning All,

Mike's at work and Jim is planning to take me down town to River Walk to the art show. We'll have the kids in tow since Morgan worked last night and will work tonight. At least the house will be quiet for her to get some sleep.

I picked up the batting yesterday. I was planning to work on that today, but yesterday my hands didn't want to cooperate after being up and down off the floor with the kids all morning. We'll see what I feel like doing this afternoon after our trip downtown.

Have a great day! Hopefully, your weather will be beautiful!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Saturday!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ After breakfast yest. I headed over to the Quilt-A-Fair which is held annually in the large exhibit bldg. of the county fairgrounds. Many vendors from all over the state as well as other states were there. The same vendor I bought from last year (from KS) with the 1/2 yd. cuts was there. I looked through all the fabrics & found several to buy. There were some cute flannel baby fabrics. I use them for burp cloths. There's always a crush at one local vendor who has very reasonably priced fabric. I found an 8 yd. length of flannel, small floral design, for $32. I'll piece it down the middle to make a flannel blanket for my bed. My other purchase was 4 cones of quilting thread -- 2 of Innovatech & 2 of Glide. A bird in the hand. It saves a trip to an out of town quilt store or ordering on line. I saw several friends & folks from my guild. It gets tiring walking around on the cement floor & dealing with the crush of folks. About 2 hrs. was my limit.

Today I'll be baking DH's spelt bread.

Monique, thanks for sharing your vacation pics. I'm thankful you & Les survived the hurricane.

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Katrina and all who follow,
    It's been raining heavy and the cats were especially nervous with the hail on Thursday. Yesterday was quite nice and I had an 8 item list of things to pick up all over town. I was looking to get a new cord for my Singer 99 circa 1925. Unfortunately they don't stock the 2 prong version and she suggested an electrician to rewire the prongs. I will keep searching. I might get some insight or leads today. I'm taking a class on how to maintain, restore and fix any issues with vintage machines. It works smoothly and very quiet, so the cord I want to replace only since it is frayed, no wires showing.

I picked up fabric, finished quilts and tops from a guild member donating to VQC. What a generous gift! I have washed fabric as it had been stored in basement, but it's ok now. I do have a bolt of over 10 yds & another 4yd of nurse-type fabric, some Cathie. It's 60" wide, so not sure what we can make with it. We can only use flannel for backing. Maybe the bags, not sure. Any ideas?

I better get ready. I'm a little behind as I broke a lightbulb when I tried to insert it. Blame, not enough coffee.

Last night I did enjoy watching all the YouTube videos on the M* birthday bash. DH came in the bedroom, he thought I was watching TV. I guess I had it loud.

Have an enjoyable day doing whatever you are up to.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday is for college football in Alabama but up until gametime I will work on a flying geese modern quilt that I am making for DS new king bed. I have finally gotten all the geese done, it is just putting lots of rows and lots of background together. The few I did yesterday went together well.
    We will head over to DS to hang curtains in DGS room and for dinner. Please remind me to never do grommets again.
    I need to make a fudge brownie pie to take with us.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Looks like we have a nice day here. I am off soon for a manicure. Then this afternoon we go to the dance program at Penn. I imagine my DH will sleep through it. The show features the music by L. Cohen.

I finished sewing the binding on my braided quilt. Now to get it mailed. I have one more binding to sew onto a baby quilt. It will be a learning experience for me— the quilt is a hexagon shape.

Have a good day.
    Beth

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Claire, I'm with you on the grommet thing. That fudge brownie pie sounds delicious, though. Might you share the recipe?

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon! MSQC Birthday Bash was fantastic this year. The Birthday Luau Dinner was great. The Polynesian dancers were fantastic - not only the dances but also learning more about the islands and their history. I won an Oliso Mini Project Iron with Soulmate for being able to name all 13 stores. We also received a very nice goody bag at the dinner that the bag was cloth with cork and contained a cutting mat, fabrics, thread, quilt coloring book, and other goodies. And you get to take home your dinner glass that has the theme on it.

DD and I went to the Birthday Bash on Thursday. It was great. There were a lot of activities going on. We spent time in the Days for Girls - marking, sewing and cutting. There were activities on the patio, lots of free goodies at the vendor tent. Then there were free demos in the stores throughout the day. Plus there were several free trunks shows in the Education Center Theater. Of course, don't forget about shopping as there were $1 fat quarters, several deals and free goodies with various amounts spent. We had a great time.

Yesterday was spent getting ready for next week as I needed to get groceries for those staying home, pick up a few last minute items for the retreat, cleaning the van and I have started to pack the van. Today I will finish getting everything packed so that I can head out in the morning for the Fall Forum Retreat. I am so excited for all of the fun activities that are planned for the retreat.

Have a great weekend everyone

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Quilting View Post
    Good Afternoon! MSQC Birthday Bash was fantastic this year. The Birthday Luau Dinner was great. The Polynesian dancers were fantastic - not only the dances but also learning more about the islands and their history. I won an Oliso Mini Project Iron with Soulmate for being able to name all 13 stores. We also received a very nice goody bag at the dinner that the bag was cloth with cork and contained a cutting mat, fabrics, thread, quilt coloring book, and other goodies. And you get to take home your dinner glass that has the theme on it.

DD and I went to the Birthday Bash on Thursday. It was great. There were a lot of activities going on. We spent time in the Days for Girls - marking, sewing and cutting. There were activities on the patio, lots of free goodies at the vendor tent. Then there were free demos in the stores throughout the day. Plus there were several free trunks shows in the Education Center Theater. Of course, don't forget about shopping as there were $1 fat quarters, several deals and free goodies with various amounts spent. We had a great time.

Yesterday was spent getting ready for next week as I needed to get groceries for those staying home, pick up a few last minute items for the retreat, cleaning the van and I have started to pack the van. Today I will finish getting everything packed so that I can head out in the morning for the Fall Forum Retreat. I am so excited for all of the fun activities that are planned for the retreat.

Have a great weekend everyone
    Was your daughter by any chance wearing a skirt made with Me and My Sister Designs fabric? They posted a picture on Instagram of a young lady wearing a cute skirt and the girl sure did look like you!
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mom23 View Post
    Was your daughter by any chance wearing a skirt made with Me and My Sister Designs fabric? They posted a picture on Instagram of a young lady wearing a cute skirt and the girl sure did look like you!
    Yes, that was her. I had made the skirt a couple years ago and that was what she wanted to wear. Mary and Barb loved it.

18. Thanks KPH, Mom23, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post