Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Sept 27 - Oct 3, 2019

OCTOBER? Wow, it's fall and I didn't even notice LOL. Well, it's still more or less hot here in Kansas - temps in the upper 80s or low 90s in the day and not even dipping past about 55 or 60 at night. But the days are getting shorter and shorter. My sister calls it "wear a sweater in the morning and regret it by lunch" weather. LOL

I have been working on a replacement block for Aunt Lottie's Garden this week now that the insanity of the quilt show is over. When my sister and I laid it out, one of the early pink blocks has so much foliage in the print that it doesn't really "go with" the other blocks in the set. That's OK, I'll use it as a label. I'm much happier with the new block. I have the EPP ready to add the last two prepped pieces, then it's on to applique for that one this weekend.

Hope everyone else is looking forward to a new month.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Sept 27 - Oct 3, 2019

Got the ninth border added to Rhapsody In Red. I am transitioning away from orange shades back to pink.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5242.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	160758

Only one more border to go.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

4. Thanks threadbndr, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have started on my next quilt which is the Euclid Avenue pattern by Sassafras Lane Designs. It is a foundation pieced quilt. I decided to use freezer paper piecing because I hate ripping the paper off of paper pieced foundations. I started by making a practice blocks out of scraps. The practice block lets me make sure that I have adequate margin to safely position the piece on the freezer paper foundation and helps me to decide the scale and texture of the actual fabrics I select.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5268.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	160812

You can see my practice block on the left. I really do take a sharpie and right "A" "B" etc on the practice pieces so I don't get confused. The actual blocks are on the right. I might change the "D" to a lighter shade of purple to better contrast with piece "B". If I am not sure I always make one block first before I mass cut everything. Saves me a lot of wasted fabric.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, I do practice blocks, too. But I am doing mine in Christmas fabrics. At some point I should have enough for an "orphan block" quilt.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Whew, I finally got this one pieced and sandwiched and trying to figure out how best to quilt it. I think I may just do it like the pattern in the book, gentle waves across the quilt using a walking foot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1066.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	160836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1067.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	160837