Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I Disliked Joining Strips - I Started Using QR's Mini-Triangle Ruler

Thanks Thayer. I'm going to give it a try. I'm always trying to improve the technical quality of my stitching...aiming not so much for perfection, but more for avoiding aggravation

2. Thanks am2901, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I Disliked Joining Strips - I Started Using QR's Mini-Triangle Ruler

The binding tool is another template that'll cut off that dog-ear and make it easy to line up strips. Of course, if you have triangles, no need to buy yet another template.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for sharing and the excellent pictures (I’m a visual learner). I can’t even count the number of times I have joined my strips incorrectly. I’m looking forward to trying out this method.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am for sure going to try this method. I have a horrible time joining anything on a 45 angle. I just finished a quilt with 45 degree angles through out the quilt. Every one of the 15 strip x about 12 pieces each. I was ripping so much I was afraid I broke my seam ripper. LOL Instead of getting better--it got worse. I tried many methods to get these seams correct. Nothing work consistently. I'm binding a quilt soon and will give this a try. I have confidence in it.
    Thanks Thayer for posting it.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

I always use my EZ Angle for anything that is a triangle shape. I was never accurate until I made the cut first.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZ Angle.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	162246
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is a very good technique. I am able to eyeball it on 2.5" strips but have trouble with squares 4" or larger.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great tip!