Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday hellos!!

Good morning friends. I just got up. I had a wonderful sleep last night with a little help of course.

I spent the day unpacking, oh what fun that is. Still not done but that will get done today I guess. I am not sure if I will go out and get groceries today or tomorrow.

I still have laundry to do as well. No sewing for a while at least although I am itching to get in my sewing room.

That's it for me, have a wonderful day my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks pcbatiks, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday hellos!!

Good Morning Monique and Everyone....Monique, take your time unpacking and settling in.

I had a difficult dental day yesterday. Things were worse than the doctor thought and I need a surgical root canal. He was getting me ready for it and I started bleeding and it wouldn't stop so I had to come home to heal for two weeks. I'm in pain and feel pretty rough. I got no sleep last night so I need to try to get some today. I hope the Girls will cooperate with me.

I bought some lovely Sweet Pea embroidery designs and I want to try to download them today if my brain fog ever clears.

Wishing everyone a good day...with hugs.

4. Thanks pcbatiks, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Good Morning Monique and Everyone....Monique, take your time unpacking and settling in.

I had a difficult dental day yesterday. Things were worse than the doctor thought and I need a surgical root canal. He was getting me ready for it and I started bleeding and it wouldn't stop so I had to come home to heal for two weeks. I'm in pain and feel pretty rough. I got no sleep last night so I need to try to get some today. I hope the Girls will cooperate with me.

I bought some lovely Sweet Pea embroidery designs and I want to try to download them today if my brain fog ever clears.

Wishing everyone a good day...with hugs.
    Aw Barb, I hope your day goes better than your night did.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

6. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Ooohh, Barb, so sorry about the dental work & problems. No fun, for sure. I hope the pain lessens soon. Did you use ice on your cheek? That really helps. We keep those gel ice packs in our freezer all the time. If you don't have one those, even a wet wash cloth frozen will help. When DH had his nose Moh's surgery & reconstruction for cancer, he couldn't tolerate the heaviness of the gel pack, so we used wash clothes.

Monique ~ Take you time easing back into daily life. There's no rush. When you have time, share your hurricane & vac. experiences.

First thing this a.m. I plan to call to get in to see my dr. Three little red spots showed up on my L. side yest. eve. They itch like crazy! God forbid it would be shingles. At this point, there is no pain, just itching.

The furnace got repaired yest. p.m., much to DH's relief. So we are all set for the heating season. Next time, I'll schedule the reg. check-up in Aug. I called yest. to set up an appt. for tomorrow to have our swamp cooler prepped for winter. What few warm days we have left should not necessitate needing it. We did use it yest., however. The high temp. was 92

DS#1 arv'd safely in Baltimore yest. eve. It was so good to have him here. I get to see him only once a year. It's been 6 & 7 yrs. since DH has seen either of his sons who live in ID.

The hosp. lunch/tea yest. noon was wonderful! It was a 60th anniv. celebration of the hosp. All the retired nurses were invited. It was good to reconnect with so many friends. It was done up first class with China dishes, lovely tablecloths. Each tablecloth was a dif. pastel color, covered with lace. Center pieces on each table were tea pots with fresh floral arrangements. There was a drawing at the end, & I won one of the arrangements! The food was catered by a local business & very good.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship. This year we're studying the book of Acts & the Epistles. Time for DH's breakfast.
    Last edited by JCY; September 25th, 2019 at 09:16 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good day everyone,
    Monique - no rush to unpack except to have more time to sew. It does take a few days to get back to the routine and over the tiredness that comes from driving.
    Barb - I hope that you get some rest today and that you are stocked up on pain meds. Do put ice, if not for pain, but to reduce swelling and bruising. I hope the girls give you some quiet time.
    Joy - Your DH is lucky to have you looking after all that needs to get done. What a lovely reunion! A lot of thought and planning went into this event to make it memorable. Woohoo on your prize.

I didn't accomplish much yesterday, just some errands and shopping for large fabric bags to store quilts. My cedar chest is full, all the quilt racks are overflowing. Time to store and protect against dust. I found some but I will check out the ones at IKEA. I haven't been there in years, it's the largest one in Canada and I swear you need a map to get out. I might just order online for pick up. My GF Dorothy called. She has been visiting her DD & family about 9 hrs away for past 2 weeks. Then her DD with 16 mth GS drove her back and visiting her She goes back to work next month, so this is a last visit. We caught up on GKs and how much they are very exhausting. We both have been itching to get to our sewing rooms. We are headed to a retreat mid-Oct, so planning projects to bring.

Sunny day with nothing specific on agenda, but lots on the TO DO list. First coffee and apple turnover we picked up at coffee shop yesterday.

Have an enjoyable day.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; September 25th, 2019 at 09:44 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks Monique, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Monique, while you're doing laundry, my basket is filling up. A few extra things wouldn't be too bad. ;-)

Oh Barb, I do hope you find relief today and are able to get some rest.

Joy, what fun getting together with your friends.

Suzanne, I love going to IKEA. I know what you mean about having a map to get out! The one in Charlotte was fairly easy to navigate, but this one in Jacksonville, gets me turned around in a heart beat. lol, the best thing is getting cake half way through!

Mike is off today. I guess we're heading out to Lowe's to get rock to fill in where the gutters are washing the sand away.

I did get in the sewing room yesterday. I made 3 of the rectangle blocks from the Tula Pink book. I hate to admit it, but deciding on the fabrics for each block and cutting those little pieces aren't exactly fun. I do like to see the finished block, but what a pain for such a small block! I'll be pulling the panel to lay out on the floor in the sewing room. I doubt that I'll be using this book a lot.

Mike is pacing. I guess it's time for me to get busy!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, I sure hope you get some sleep and relief from the pain today. Thinking of you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post