• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It's Tuesday and I AM BACK!!

Good morning my dear friends. It seems like forever since I have been here. I do have quite the tales to tell but will do that in a separate post when I can collect my thoughts. We arrived home around 9pm last night. We were both too tired to even unpack.

We had the most memorable trip. I haven't had a chance to get caught up here yet. Happy birthday and happy anniversaries to those I missed while I was away.

I hope there wasn't any 'bad' news while I was away. If there is, please let me know.

It will take a couple of days to get everything unpacked and dried. My tarps were a little wet but will have to wait until it stops raining to get them dried out.

Have a wonderful day my friends and it sure is great to be back.

Thank you all for starting the daily threads in my absence.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • shermur
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

Re: It's Tuesday and I AM BACK!!

Welcome back, Monique! You were missed, sweetie! You do brighten my morning and I am glad your trip went well!

I started a new job yesterday at a after hours call center; my hours will be challenging, but at least it's a job since the retail job I had was going away. It is so sad here in Vermont that many businesses are closing. Jobs are getting hard to come by.

I am presently finishing my summer challenge with the local quilt guild and also participating with the NQC Block Swap challenge with the guild president. I am having fun with that.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Monique
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2011

Thanks Sherri. I really missed my 'family' here.

I am glad you were able to find another job. As you said, it's a job.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Good Morning Everyone...Welcome home Monique! So glad to hear you had a grand adventure. Those make the best memories. You were missed....glad to have you back.

I had a dental appointment yesterday and today I have to go back for a root canal as prep for a new crown. A few years ago I invested more than $3000 in a 3-tooth bridge and it has to be cut out today and replaced with a crown and an implant. I also need a bone graft for the implant, which is another adventure and expense. I feel that this current issue is due to less than scrupulous work the first time by a different dentist.

Our weather has cooled a bit and bushes and trees are beginning to change color. I'm hoping it will be pretty when my daughter gets here October 10.

I need to get myself ready for the trek back to Rolla. It's going to be a long day.

Have a wonderful day everyone....
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• BarbaraB
          Designer Diva
          • Dec 2016

Welcome back sweetie!
          Today is overcast, damp and chilly, so any motivation I had to get things done in the house is gone. Oh horrors.....I guess I'll have to just sew all day. Although we just may go out shopping for a new washer.
          A co-worker of my daughter went to work sick last week. And spread it around. So now DD is pretty sick, and try as I can, I can't avoid getting sick too. I'm immunosuppressed and immunocompromised, so it will happen. It just burns me up that this happens. They don't pay a living wage, so they have to continue to go to work. It's just a nasty cycle. It's just rude that I'm going to get sick and risk pneumonia because somebody brought their sick toddler to a birthday party. That being said, maybe I should rethink even going out.
          At any rate, it's going to be a great day! I'll probably take a walk and enjoy the smells of fall.
          Barb, hope your dental visit goes well.
          Have a happy day everyone!
          Barbara

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Good morning! Welcome back, Monique! You survived the hurricane and I'm sure you have stories to tell about that experience!

I am in the final days of prepping for a quilt display on our local theatre lobby. My quilts will be displayed for the month of October. Somehow, my dreams of finishing ALL of my UFOs have been modified each day that goes by with less time ( and energy!) to work on them. Today I am going to tackle my final big quilt that I really want to finish. It is a pretty complex quilt that needs ruler work and free motion quilting. Hope I can finish it! You know Jenny's saying, "finished is better than perfect"! I just hope to finish this one!

Woke up yesterday with no voice! Hope that improves quickly! No pain, no fever, don't feel icky, just no voice. I have a little stuffiness, guess the problem just settled in my voice box! I tried to make a phone call yesterday, could hardly get my message across to the lady I called! My singing career is on hold this week!

Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

• Navy Wife
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2013

Welcome home Monique. I can't wait to hear about your adventures. I wish you ladies would blow your rain down this way. We are so dry. Not a drop of rain since August 28, and temps in the 90's. Records were broken or tied several days. We are not used to this kind of weather.

I'm packing up for a retreat next week. This is a small group from a larger Circle of Friends. This is an internet group from all over the US, and a few other countries. The large group has a retreat once a year, but sometimes it's too far away or timing is not right. The small group is made up of mostly Southern ladies, and we have our retreat in Alabama in October. COF just had their retreat in Iowa.

Today is my 64th wedding anniversary. Hard to believe it has been that long! I need to get busy and get to the store for groceries. Then I'll have time to rest before dinner out tonight.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

Good morning all,
                Welcome back Monique. Oh you will have plenty of stories and good memories also - quite the adventure.

It's overcast this morning and a bit cooler. We babysat baby M yesterday. He was fine in the morning but after morning nap, he waste finitely showing signs of not feeling well. He wouldn't go down for afternoon nap and was cranky. This is unusual for this kid. Oh well it's only one day a month til February. It's very exhausting watching and entertaining a one year old. They have bets for dates he will walk. He's just not interested. We are kid overload after Sunday's birthday.

Sherri - Good luck with the new job. I don't understand the economics of Vermont's employment issues.
                Barb - good luck with all your dental work.
                BarbaraB - I know how you feel. I hope I don't get sick, being surrounded by all these sick kids and people. I don't want another bronchial infection knocking me down for months.
                Joy - I read that you got a new recliner. Good for you and glad the boys were able to help out with all the chores.

I'm almost done with 2nd load of laundry. Today, I need to schedule nail care for mom, manicure for me and pay mom's caregiver. If there's time, I want to start making a batch of microwave bowl cozies and snap bags.

Have an enjoyable day.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2013

Good Morning! Welcome back Monique!

Yesterday I finished sewing all that I had planned before the retreat next week. So did a deep clean on the sewing machine and started on the sewing area. I did a huge happy dance when I found the six yards of fabric that I had been trying to find for over a month for a commissioned quilt. It was downstairs wrapped on a bolt under other fabric for the quilt on the bolt shelf. Last night I cut out fabric for a quilt that I am planning on making at the retreat. Nothing complicated but it is cute. I am going to look for one more piece of fabric that is in the quilt as I have enough of everything but one fabric to make another one.

Today's plan includes finishing up laundry and packing. I want to finish packing all the sewing stuff for the retreat. All the projects are packed but need to get everything else packed. I have packed several projects but it feels like I am taking a lot less this year. Of course, the van is not packed yet so we will see if it really is a lot less or just the fact that I am not packed yet.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

• Ginny B
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2012

Good morning and welcome back Monique. You have been missed. Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Yesterday mid morning I got a text from Joe saying that he was home with Tessa because she has a rash and slight fever so he would be there for Henry after school. I was sorry to hear about Tessa, but Woohoo, a totally free afternoon. So we got out the fall decorations bins from the garage and proceeded to officially welcome fall. (including washing the kitchen windows). Early this morning I got a text from Kathryn saying she was home with Tessa today so, again, another full free afternoon. Sewing room here I come.

I got to chat with my sis this morning for a bit too. They are headed back up to Orange County to look at a few more houses. They had an open house at their current place on Sunday. Haven't heard of any offers yet although the banker that was there said there were a few serious inquiries.

Suzanne, I hope little M gets to feeling better soon. Sherri, congrats on the new job. Barb, good luck at the dentist.
                    Jean, hope you get your voice back soon. Barbara B, hope those germs stay away from you. Navy Wife, Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful celebration dinner.

Can't wait to hear all about the fun that will be happening at the retreat!

Ok, time to get moving again. Have a good day everyone.
                    Last edited by Ginny B; September 24, 2019, 08:02 AM.
                    Ginny B
                    Levittown, NY

Comment

• chelea
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2012

Welcome back Monique, you were missed!
                      Not too much exciting going on here today other than some yard work. It's sunny and high 70's. It's been getting cool at night with a few nights in the low 40's recently. Think I'll pop some chicken thighs in the slow cooker with some bbq sauce for an easy pulled chicken for supper.
                      Quilting-wise, I'm almost finished with my last Secret Santa gift, woo hoo!
                      Hope everyone has a good day.
                      Michele
                      ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
                      To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

• Debbie Watters
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2015

Welcome back Monique! Glad you had a wonderful trip!

Happy Anniversary, Navy Wife!

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

• JCY
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Welcome back, Monique! So glad you're back home safe & sound. Looking forward to your saga.

Well, DS#2 currently is driving to the Denver airport. He left ~30 min. ago. His plane doesn't leave until 1:55, but he needed plenty of time to stop for gas, for car rental return, shuttle, baggage check, etc. His SW flight leaves from concourse C, which is the furthest from the terminal, requiring riding the underground train. It was great to have both boys here over the week end. We got so much accomplished.

DH has been frustrating me with all his repetitious anxiety about the pending furnace repair. The part had to be ordered. It finally came this a.m. (from TX) & will get installed this afternoon. Maybe DH can "settle" after that. The weather has been fine -- 70's & 80's, but cool at night. There are some nighttime 30's predicted for early next week. I have an appt. for this Thurs. to get our swamp cooler drained & prepped for winter. Cool weather is just around the corner. This will be a busy week.

I recently got an invitation for a retired nurses' lunch/tea at the local hosp. which is today from 12-2. I'm planning to attend. I'll need to leave early in order to find a parking spot. I plan to make a stop at the groc. store on the way home.

Maybe DH can relax a bit now that his daily routine will get back to normal. He has a hard time coping with visitors, even if it's one son at a time.

Yes, I am enjoying the new rocker/recliner. It's bigger & has a whole different feel to it, but it's going to get a lot of good use.

Time to change my clothes & get ready to leave.

Comment

• KPH
                            Missouri Star
                            • Feb 2015

Good Afternoon Everyone!

It was home school morning. Nana brought Jonathan and then came to pick him up. Zeke started throwing up, so Morgan's lunch plans with Nana were cancelled. I hope it's just a quick bug and the other two don't catch it.

Mike called on his way home from work. He was hungry and wanted me to pick a place to eat lunch. We went to Chipotle, delicious and I probably won't be hungry at dinner time.

I pulled the Tula Pink book out. I'm going to pull a couple of the cross patterns to try out today.

I'll never get started if I don't get up and move away from this chair. Have a wonderful day everyone. Welcome home, Monique!
                            Katrina
                            From NC, retired in FL
                            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                              Missouri Star
                              • Aug 2015

It looks like the 'back to school bugs' are going around with many grandkids. I think this is why DH being around the little germ breeders.

Ginny - enjoy your short break and hope Tessa feels better.
                              Katrina - hope your little one's bug didn't tag you.
                              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
                              X