Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Tuesday and I AM BACK!!

Welcome back Monique, you were missed!
    Not too much exciting going on here today other than some yard work. It's sunny and high 70's. It's been getting cool at night with a few nights in the low 40's recently. Think I'll pop some chicken thighs in the slow cooker with some bbq sauce for an easy pulled chicken for supper.
    Quilting-wise, I'm almost finished with my last Secret Santa gift, woo hoo!
    Hope everyone has a good day.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Dewey, Arizona (transplanted Hoosier from Hobart, Indiana)
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Monique! Glad you had a wonderful trip!

Happy Anniversary, Navy Wife!

Have a great day everyone!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Welcome back, Monique! So glad you're back home safe & sound. Looking forward to your saga.

Well, DS#2 currently is driving to the Denver airport. He left ~30 min. ago. His plane doesn't leave until 1:55, but he needed plenty of time to stop for gas, for car rental return, shuttle, baggage check, etc. His SW flight leaves from concourse C, which is the furthest from the terminal, requiring riding the underground train. It was great to have both boys here over the week end. We got so much accomplished.

DH has been frustrating me with all his repetitious anxiety about the pending furnace repair. The part had to be ordered. It finally came this a.m. (from TX) & will get installed this afternoon. Maybe DH can "settle" after that. The weather has been fine -- 70's & 80's, but cool at night. There are some nighttime 30's predicted for early next week. I have an appt. for this Thurs. to get our swamp cooler drained & prepped for winter. Cool weather is just around the corner. This will be a busy week.

I recently got an invitation for a retired nurses' lunch/tea at the local hosp. which is today from 12-2. I'm planning to attend. I'll need to leave early in order to find a parking spot. I plan to make a stop at the groc. store on the way home.

Maybe DH can relax a bit now that his daily routine will get back to normal. He has a hard time coping with visitors, even if it's one son at a time.

Yes, I am enjoying the new rocker/recliner. It's bigger & has a whole different feel to it, but it's going to get a lot of good use.

Time to change my clothes & get ready to leave.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon Everyone!

It was home school morning. Nana brought Jonathan and then came to pick him up. Zeke started throwing up, so Morgan's lunch plans with Nana were cancelled. I hope it's just a quick bug and the other two don't catch it.

Mike called on his way home from work. He was hungry and wanted me to pick a place to eat lunch. We went to Chipotle, delicious and I probably won't be hungry at dinner time.

I pulled the Tula Pink book out. I'm going to pull a couple of the cross patterns to try out today.

I'll never get started if I don't get up and move away from this chair. Have a wonderful day everyone. Welcome home, Monique!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the 'back to school bugs' are going around with many grandkids. I think this is why DH being around the little germ breeders.

Ginny - enjoy your short break and hope Tessa feels better.
    Katrina - hope your little one's bug didn't tag you.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post