Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Husqvarna Diamond Royale screen malfunctioning

My screen on my Diamond Royale is going crazy. Staticky then eventually black. . Once i turn it off it often sews fine for awhile but then does this again. Very intermittent. Needle up and down also acting up. Sometimes have to totally shut down machine as it won’t stop going up and down. My dealer thought it was a power issue but have used a curcuit on its own as well as a battery backup surge protector power bar. Also has happened at Retreat not just my house. Anyone else have this happen yo their machine?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Husqvarna Diamond Royale screen malfunctioning

Not me. I have a Topaz 50 and it doesn't have any problems, yet! Have you pulled the plug out of the machine and rubbed the contact with something a little rough to clean them? Sometimes this will help. Otherwise I guess it's time for the doctor to take a peek.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Knock on wood, I haven't had any issues with my Husky. I'd take it to a certified Huskavarna repair person, if Laura's suggestion doesn't work.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraP View Post
    Not me. I have a Topaz 50 and it doesn't have any problems, yet! Have you pulled the plug out of the machine and rubbed the contact with something a little rough to clean them? Sometimes this will help. Otherwise I guess it's time for the doctor to take a peek.
    Thanks. Its been in already and of course doesn’t act up in the shop. I’m worried the Mother board is going. Im taking it back again tomorrow so ill see what happens. I have seen this problem with a Pfaff Creation but dont know whst the fix was.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Though not a common problem, I think there's been two or three reports of similar problems. Especially the runaway speed control. I think it was grammaterry that was having similar problems with the Viking (I don't remember the model) she had before the one she has now. Maybe she'll comment on this post. One things for sure- it's not a power supply problem. If your dealer can't suggest anymore than that, you need to seek out a real Viking service person.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When it acts up take a video with your phone. Then when you take it in you have something to show them of what it is doing.
    Dolores

7. Thanks CraftyJnet, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post