Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday, Monday greetings.

Or ing all,

Fall is coming in with steady rain. I don't have much time as we are going to Babysit baby Michael at his home today. We attended his first birthday celebration yesterday (August baby). And he was cranky as he is sick. DH & I will be challenged as he usually is so cheerful. Food was plentiful with all the traditional Lebanese foods too much but so good. Screaming noise was plenty, with 8 kids under 7 of age. My DD and 3 kiddos didn't go as they are sick. It's going around.

I finished sewing borders on the last 15 tea towels. I made a special one for us from a digitally printed fabric I picked up on Saturday. It's doors. Love it. Today I will think of my next sleugh of craft show items.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, baslp, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday, Monday greetings.

Good Morning Suzanne and all who follow,

Jim doesn't have drop the kids off duty this week, Morgan works Thurs- Sat. nights. That means, home school starts later and I have time to put my feet up before starting the day.

I was pulling the math works together last night and there is a math material I'm clueless about. I called Jim and told him what it was. He called back later while he was looking through the math kit. He's clueless, and is going to have Morgan search for it. I don't need it until tomorrow. After reading the lesson plans, I have Montessori lessons that will cover the same principal. It the original work isn't found, it won't really be a big deal.

Yesterday, the pastor asked if I would do a job on some Sundays. He was hoping I would agree before he gave the details, Ha Ha! I told him my Daddy didn't raise a stupid daughter. He laughed and asked if I would help with the book table. They have books for sale every so often. lol, He said he knew I was a teacher and detail oriented. He didn't ask if I liked paperwork! I didn't give him an answer, but I guess I could handle the table when they start new group studies. It wouldn't be that often.

Happy Fall, ya'll!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all of you!
    It's a sunny day so far, and the breeze is mild but we're supposed to get some rain later in the afternoon. Today is my daughter's birthday and she has requested Beef Stroganoff for her dinner. I've been busy chopping onions and mushrooms and getting the beef sliced. Then I'll saute some fresh asparagus as a side dish. Sounds good.....but the poor thing is sick with a head cold and can't smell or taste anything. I have a feeling that most will go into the freezer.
    Yesterday I got lots of sewing on a quilt top I'm putting together. I'm planning on putting some embroidery on it before I quilt it. I have two going right now, so it's getting interesting.
    Everyone have a nice day!

6. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning!

My eldest sister (Mom's caregiver) is going to caregiver's training through the Alzheimer's Association today. I hope it helps her understand the disease a little better. She is at the end of her rope -- Mom is getting more difficult, in part because she doesn't always recognize my sister. I will be using my vacation days to try to find a facility for Mom.

Looks like today will be cool (low 70's) and rainy. The perfect day to research facilities online and do a little housework. I have Mom Duty this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day!

8. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Here we are at Monday again. And Fall has arrived while we were sleeping although it doesn't actually feel like fall just yet. There is a bit of a breeze though. I think I will switch out my summer decor for fall things today.

We had a nice weekend and got the last of the mulch put down. We do still have one more bag left and I am sure I will figure out where to put that as I walk around the yards. We also got another batch of green beans snapped, blanched and into the freezer. Love pulling them out of the freezer mid-winter with snow outside and having a taste of summer. I spent some time in my sewing room and finished an order I had. Now it is time to replenish some things for our next craft fair next month.

Suzanne, good luck today with baby Michael. It's so sad when they are sick and not their usual happy selves. All Tessa wanted when she was sick last month was to be snuggled. Barbara, sorry your daughter is sick for her birthday. Katrina, good luck with figuring out the math lesson. Math, yuck! Julie, I hope your sis gets some good info and direction and encouragement from the training. Good luck with your research.I

Has anyone heard from Monique? I hope she and her hubby enjoyed their trip in spite of the storm. Also, I was wondering about Anita. She hasn't been here in a while. I have not been on here as much as I used to be so I might have missed posts from them.

Have a good day everyone. Happy Fall!
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning. We have another hot day here. I am not complaining. I like warm and sunny weather. I dodged a bullet last night as I was gluing the binding down on a quilt. I do not have a sewing room so I use the island in our kitchen . I wipe off the surface before I start. One of our cats was sitting on a box on the island watching me. Sometimes he tries to come onto the quilt. We left the box and I noticed all the smeared blood. I quickly gathered up my quilt , and then det. that his foot was bleeding. We think that the puppy bit it. I decided I was done for the night.

I am meeting a friend for lunch and then tackle the binding once again. I usually have to work around our house cleaner.

Have a good day.
    Beth

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Every one =)
    It's 88F ( 31C) so my plans to do some fall tidying up outside are postponed.
    We went to a thrift store fabric sale , on Sat. on all their donated fabrics. 5 small bags and $75 poorer, I brought home enough to make it a challenge to find places to put it. I do like finding fabrics I haven't seen before. I did get a small bolt of dark blue with suns and moons , like something from a 70's poster. Not sure why I bought it, lol. I did luck into some beautiful Christmas fabrics, so hopefully tonight I can start making a lot of pre-cuts.
    While I am not a fan of yard work, I am happy to have a reason to post pone it. Those Lyme disease ticks are no joke. Once upon a time gathering pretty leaves was a perk of the season.
    Have a great day =) ~Madonna

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! I'm back. J arrived at 9:25 and hadn't had breakfast. Talk about a rushed morning of home school and one frustrated grandma. Thank goodness the roast is in the crock pot, so no worries there. I'm going to put my feet up for a bit and try to relax before final dinner preps start. At least I don't have to go to the grocery store this afternoon!

After dinner, I'll get tomorrows lessons ready. I'll be crossing my fingers that my student will be getting here earlier.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon! We had rain over the weekend that has cooled things down a little bit. I spent some time yesterday in the sewing room. I have a few more things that I would like to finish up sewing. Then I want to work on cutting out some fabric for a project I would like to work on at the retreat.

Laundry is being worked on and the usual activities around here.

Have a great day everyone

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon, Everyone ~ I never know when I'll get here since my son is visiting & we've been very busy working through the to-do list. This afternoon, the last item was ticked off the list! Woo hoo!

Yest. was church, a stop at DS#1's apt., another stop at the farm supply for a new bird water dish (actually a rubber, non breakable 8 qt. feed dish) & something to place it on. Then a yummy lunch at a local Mexican restaurant. We all the the chicken chimichanga. I suggested we go by the furniture store on the way home & see if that recliner I liked still was there. I was hoping it might fit in the back of DS's Explorer. Yes! The recliner still was there. Yes! It fit! The back of the recliner comes off for easier transport. You can imagine DH's surprise when we showed up with the new chair. He was rather flustered. One of our questions all along has been how to dispose of the old recliner, since it was too worn to donate to a thrift store. Shoot! We bought that thing 30 yrs. ago for $35. used. We certainly got our money's worth out of it. So... I needed to deep clean that corner with the vac. before we set it in place. The old recliner got loaded in the back of DS's Explorer, the new one set in place. I finally have a new recliner! It's much bigger than the old one, which was narrow & not so high, but I'm glad to finally have something new & decent looking. With both sons here to help, it went like a charm. They both are big guys, weighing 215 & 230 lb., & were able to heft the furniture with no problem. This chair has a manual lever for reclining, which is what I wanted. It will take some getting used to, but I'm glad that item now is taken care of. DS did a web search; the cheapest place for disposal of the old recliner was the dump for a $48. fee. We've had a non-functioning snow blower taking up space in the shed for several yrs. They loaded that in the Explorer, too; it went to the city's recycle center (for no fee). So the boys (they're 51 & 53) took off early this a.m. to dispose of those 2 items, then went out to breakfast.

Today all the house fans got cleaned. DS#1 washed my '96 Mercury & cleaned the interior. It sparkles & looks so good. It's in very good condition for its age. We take good care of our things.

Today at lunch, the L. rear burner on the K. stove went kaput. There has been a bright area on the outer ring for several days. I noticed each time I used the burner it was getting brighter. I have a replacement on order from the local appliance store.

We're still waiting for the motor for our furnace, which is on order. DH is so concerned it's not going to get installed before the cold weather comes. He has sooooo much anxiety about things. The extended forecast is 70's & 80's for several days yet, so there shouldn't be a problem. But he won't "settle" until it's fixed.

Well, I've run out of time.

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post