Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Tack Stik?

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tack Stik?

Just sorting out all the patchwork bits and pieces I've bought along the way and found a Gutermann Tack Stick!? I'm sure I've had it for years - it's still sticky but it has a lipstick-like turn-up action which isn't working. Thought I might buy another one as I read recently that dots of glue along a bias helps to keep the two pieces together without stretching. Can't find it online and I'm not sure anything like it is available - all I could see were tubes of what I presume is a more liquid-y glue. Does anyone know of anything like my original stick. A Pritt Stick seems very similar but not sure if it could be used on fabric and may be too strong. Which glue would you suggest anyway for a temporary stickiness! Thanks for any advice on this one

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tack Stik?

I don't know this brand of glue stick amnd I'm certain others will offer suggestions.

I would try to soften the glue from its container, pby warming it up, wrap in plastic wrap and put in a glass of hot water. I would test it on pieces. I ised a fabric glue stick that was b,he in colour and was supposed to turn white. It didn't without a lot of effort. Test. Test. Test. Good luck.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I use Elmers washable school glue stick. Pretty much the same as the old Guterman
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Yep - I also use the Elmers washable glue stick. It is a lot cheaper than any made specifically for sewing.
    Debbie

5. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post