• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ktdid
    The Guild President
    • Dec 2018

Folded Corner Ruler

I was intrigued with the creative grids folded corner ruler. As in snowballing corners etc. But this ruler has you cut the corner before sewing. But it's over $15.00, like I really need another ruler.....I got to thinking, I have an EZ Quilting EZ Angle 4.50" ruler, guess what it's the same thing, I had used mine for cutting triangles, I tried it, it works out perfect and if buying one it's only $7.50 I always struggled with getting consistent size when drawing lines. I just saved almost $8.00 plus shipping. MSQ carries both.
    Kate (Oklahoma)
    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this
  • nativetexan
    Banned
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2018

Re: Folded Corner Ruler

yep, i was looking at a ruler yesterday and decided against it. I've recently given some rulers away, so don't need more. I keep having to remind myself of that though!

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

Mister Domestic was showing a whole slew of new rulers that fold on Facebook yesterday. They were from Crafter Companion. The had two folding rulers that looked really interesting, but I have plenty!
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• dwil23
        Missouri Star
        • May 2012

So many of the "specialty rulers" really are just the basics, re-named and repackaged. I try not to buy any that I can use my basic rulers to do the same thing. I do have the small version of the folded corners because it came in a "Quilty Box" that my daughter gave me for Christmas, but haven't used it yet. I was happy to get it because I had given some thought to whether it would be a good investment or not.
        Donna

Comment

• dwil23
          Missouri Star
          • May 2012

Originally posted by KPH View Post
          Mister Domestic was showing a whole slew of new rulers that fold on Facebook yesterday. They were from Crafter Companion. The had two folding rulers that looked really interesting, but I have plenty!
          I've wondered about those and how long the "folding strip" will last? I can see they would be handy for travel.
          Donna

Comment

• KPH
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
            I've wondered about those and how long the "folding strip" will last? I can see they would be handy for travel.
            I know! I was thinking the same thing. I think it would be great for Mister Domestic, since he travels giving classes, but I don't go any where, so there's not much point to spend the mula on it for me!
            Katrina
            From NC, retired in FL
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Simply Quilting
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
              I, personally, feel that they last a long time. I have had The Bias Ruler for several years and the folding strip has lasted with use. And I know others who have had the fold up 24 inch ruler and have not had any problems. I think that even if the folding strip (it looks like clear packaging tape) would wear out that either you could ask the company to sent a new piece or just use some clear packaging tape.

Comment

Working...
              X