Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Just popping in briefly. Chilly this a.m. at only 47 deg. It was a good sleeping night. Supposed to be in the 70's today.

My 2 sons & I are going to church this a.m., then go by DS#2's apt. for a bit, then out to lunch -- maybe at a local Mexican restaurant. Then back home to do a few more projects, & supper together here. DS#1 will be here all day Mon., then leaves on Tues. It's been good to be together. The 2 sons hadn't seen each other for a few yrs.

I hope everyone has a good day.

2. Thanks sewbizzy, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good morning Joy and all who follow,

Joy - good to hear it's a productive visit and it seems one that is long overdue for the brothers.

It's overcast today and rain forecast for next few days. Today we are celebrating baby Michael's first birthday from August. All the grandparents are back from travels. It will be loud and noisy. Katrina - I know how you feel. My DD and family are opting out as some GKs are sick and no need to expose more. I'm not feeling great but hoping it will pass.

Yesterday I picked up a few half meters of fabric at LQS. I also bought 2 sweaters with bling at the Wool Shop, these aren't wool. Heather bought more skeins of wool for a sweater. She said the prices were really good. IDK.

DH wants to go out for bereak fast so I better get ready, since I slept in past 9.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks sewbizzy, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It will feel like summer today. I goofed up yesterday. I bought tickets for a show in the city. Well we got there ,found parking,and walked to the theater. There was no one in the lobby. I went up to ask about the show and was informed that it is scheduled for next SATURDAY. MY DH took it in stride. (Not the first time I did this). We walked around Penn’s campus for awhile.

I hope to get to sew this afternoon while the football game is on.

Joy- sounds like you are enjoying time with your sons.
    Suzanne— enjoy the birthday party.

Beth

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a bunch of rain yesterday into today...with flash flood warnings. Living near "the river" has some dis advantages.. flooding every spring and fall is just one of them. Lucky we live far enough away and up a "hill" that the house doesn't have a "wet" problem.

Makes for a perfect day to quilt tho and I am up to my elbows with quilting a big one for my DS. His birthday is in 2 days and I am not going to have it done on time, but he is used to me being late. I always send a card with a redeemable "ticket" (picture"). So far he hasn't dis owned me .. he turns 55 this week.

My lovely, thoughtful DD#2 and hubby had stair rails put in yesterday. Since I fell last June, they have been making upgrades with ME in mind. And when I mentioned stair rails, they put in rails on all the steps.. upstairs, down stairs and to the patio; even the shower I use. I do feel a lot safer. But it feels like that horse has already left the barn.

Oh, Beth... I have done that same thing and it's a bit embarrassing for me. My kids have warped sense of humors...and threaten me with nursing home barbs. I tell them, they can't afford it and have to take me in before they get any inheritance. It's all in fun and keeps me laughing.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's the last day of summer (sniff) and a beauty at that; low 80's, sunny and dry. The weather has been beautiful, perfect for working in the garden. I'm moving some plants around and planting some hostas...our maple trees are casting more and more shade as the years go by, so once sunny beds are now in the shade and the sun lovers are looking scraggly. Yesterday the hubs covered the pool
    Yesterday I went to a LQS for a teachers, textiles and tea event. Several local guilds had tables there, they were demo'ing various notions, fabrics were on sale and all the teachers of the various classes were there. I think I'll join the charity sew group that meets weekly...it seems to be a low-key bunch. I'm also considering taking the gypsy wife class. That one is once a month for 10 months. I also got to test drive a Handi Quilter Amara...oh my goodness, so much fun! Wish I had room.
    I finished the 1910 Singer treadle re-do. Finally got all the oil off everything and gave the legs a fresh coat of paint to prevent rust and gave the cabinet a new finish. Put it all back together and it sews beautifully. Can't wait to start a new quilt.
    Have a great day everyone.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon,

I got up early this morning, knowing that Morgan worked last night. Jim however, slept through 2 alarms and was rushed to get here.

He picked me up early for practice since they didn't have music practice on Thursday night. Nana and Nandy picked up the kids to bring them for Sunday School. Unfortunately, since Jim didn't take the kids to Nana's house, they missed out on breakfast. Whoops. Good thing there's always something from Panera at Sunday School. They had bagels and were happy to be fed.

Tomorrow is family dinner. I have a roast beef that I wanted to use, but in the clean up of the freezer, I don't know where I put it. I'll have to check the shelves in a bit to find it, or get out a different roast. I need to get the autumnal equinox lessons ready for home school tomorrow. I always enjoy walking the globe around the sun.

Joy, it sounds like your family is having a nice visit.

Suzanne, with Esther having a bouncy house, the kids stayed outside most of the afternoon. Jim put the football game on for the guys, but it was the ladies that stayed inside with the tiny baby. I was outside for over an hour until people started arriving and it just got too hot, and too much sun for my eyes. Main thing, Esther had a marvelous time and wanted to keep the bouncy house forrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvee eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Beth, you just had a practice run for the show next week. You've scoped out the best places to park, etc. It was all part of a master Be Prepared plan.

Judy, last house my mom and dad had- had all of the handicapped preps you could ever think of. Wide doors for wheel chairs, handrails in two of the bathrooms, the sidewalk laid out to handle a ramp if necessary, etc. All of those upgrades were well worth it taking care of mom in her own home!

Chelea, I'm looking forward to fall. It's been one of the hottest summers ever here. We've had a few days of lower than 90 and it's been heavenly. Of course, it won't last long. It's supposed to be back in the 90s this week.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have not entered this thread for a long time, summer is always so busy for me, but it is over and we return to the routine, yesterday was the farewell of the summer in my town and we had a party in the strets with street theater and music in different squares of the town so I was very entertaining trying to reach as many events as possible. The party ended at half past twelve wit some very funny comic singers. We also had a beautiful and sunny day although finally it started raining at one o´clock but we were already home. Today the sun has come out again we do not know how many days this will last good weather. I have been reading this thread and I see that everyone continues with their life and they have enjoyed the sunny days so I hope we all continue well and we can continue communicating a long time, greetings

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon all,

Its still very warm in Alabama! I am looking forward to some cooler weather.

A few weeks ago my computer bit the dust. I am not sure what happened but it threw a breaker in my sewing room and it never would come back on. ( it was on a serge protector) My new computer arrived yesterday. YA! Its not much fun trying to read and surf off of an iPhone. I am hoping that someone will be able to get all of my pictures off the dead computer. I'm not sure how I am going to like this version of windows. It would be nice if they would just leave things alone that work.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post