Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday greetings

Good day,
    Another perfect weather day - sunny, cool with rising temps later.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I skipped my friend's mom funeral. It's not a close friend, more of an acquaintance. I did see her this week to express condolences. I rested in the morning and later I did a bit of sewing. I'm almost done sewing the 30 tea towels for craft show in November. I wasn't feeling like doing it, but I booked the tables in May, so I will make it a go. It's a good way to sew up items with fabric that I won't use for quilts.

Today, I'm going with a friend to a quilt display and craft sale. We will hit the local wool shoppe and LQS. DH is volunteering at the gliding club, so he'll be gone all day. When I get back, I will finish adding the borders on the last towels.

My DD and I will be going to hear Michelle Obama in October, and in February, we have tickets to go with my GD and DD to see a mermaid show. We will make this a day, with a meal at a grown up restaurant. This reminds me of times I would spend with my DD. Obviously, she wants to continue this tradition. I think a weekend getaway of retail therapy with the 3 generations of women is in our future.

Have an enjoyable day. Be safe. Stay dry and stay cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	160677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	160678  

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks pcbatiks, cv quilter, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday greetings

The towels look great! Hope you sell them all. I'm at the airport waiting to go to the Seattle area to see my DD and SIL and meet their new baby! So excited. Maybe I'll even be able to reconnect w/ our PNW forum friends!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Esther's birthday party is today. Jim is picking me up at 9:30, it doesn't start until noon. Something tells me it's going to be a long ,loud day.

Nothing else going on that I know of.

Suzanne, your towels are beautiful. Traditions are wonderful things, especially when you see them continue through the generations.

Sally, I know you're excited about seeing the new baby. I do hope you'll be able to catch up with some friends while you're out there.... if they can pull you away from the baby long enough.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SallyO'Sews, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

I just returned from the local Great Clips. I had my hair cut there yesterday, then ran a bunch of errands. I didn't pay much attention to the cut until later in the day...when I discovered the gal had cut the left side noticeably longer than right. There was no charge for the fix today, but I did tip the stylist. It looks much better now! I really should find a regular stylist.

Work has been stressful lately, so I took yesterday as a vacation day. I am also home on Monday; my sister is going to caregiver training through the Alzheimer's Association. I'm hoping it will be a good experience for her. I have Mom Duty in the afternoon.

I haven't been spending any time in the sewing room...I seem to have lost my "sewjo" for bit. I hope I find it soon. Have a great weekend!

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Another nice, sunny morning here. We will pay the mulch today that we wound up not doing yesterday. DH thought I needed a "vacation day" and so I took it. Just had a nice relaxing morning and early afternoon. Then headed out to get Henry from school. Hubby came over and relieved me around 3:45 so I could leave to go pick up my sis for dinner and then off to the movies to see Downton. Loved it. I haven't been to a movie theater in years and years. They certainly have changed. The reclining seats are awesome!

Suzanne, have a wonderful time today with your friend. And your towels are beautiful. Sally, snuggling a new baby! Such a peaceful feeling. I'm looking forward to doing that in a couple months when our new granddaughter arrives. Katrina, have a good time at the party today. Yes, I am sure it will be a bit noisy.

Have a stupendous Saturday all. And welcome Fall.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

New babies are so very wonderful, enjoy.
    Not much sewing for me today, college football and then perhaps some yard work. We bought a new tree to replace a diseased one we had taken down. Planting that huge root ball is going to be a challenge. It is a white crepe myrtle and will be beautiful in years to come.
    It has finally gotten a bit cooler around here temporarily. I think it is back to the 90s next week. At least the low 90s not high ones.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's a beautiful sunny low 80's day, perfect ending to a great summer. Time to switch out the summer annuals for mums and put a fall wreath on the front door. Wish I could decorate the inside of the house but we're having central air installed and the place is a mess. RANT: A friend of a family member is doing the job, as a side job, so work only happens on weekends. It's been going on since April. After working all week at their regular jobs they're tired and end up blowing us off, and we won't see them for weeks at a time. Three weekends ago they cut the holes in the ceilings and left a huge mess behind....huge chunks of plaster and blown-in insulation all over the place and a fine dust is covering all my furniture. And they didn't finish, so there will be more hole cutting. Today they were supposed to be here at 8am. At 9:30, the owner called and said sorry, they can't come today. Hubs and I had massively rescheduled our day to make sure one of us would be here at all times. I'm so furious I'd like to fire them. I so wish we had not gone this route and paid a regular company full price. The job would have been done by professionals, finished in April, we would have had air conditioning this summer and I'm fairly certain there wouldn't have been this horrendous mess. I'm trying to keep this in perspective but it's very annoying nonetheless.

14. Thanks MSN, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It is a beautiful day, supposed to get to the low to mid 80's. Yesterday I went to Costco and then to the ophthalmologist. I found out the trouble I've been having with my left eye is a cataract. It is too early for surgery. It is a side effect from taking prednisone for so long. What can you do? I picked out new glasses that are really cool. I can't wait for them to arrive. Also I expect my cutting will be better since I have trouble seeing the numbers now. Anyway, I hope Saturday is just fabulous for all my forum friends! Have a great day!

Jeannette

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon greetings ~ Just now getting here for a few min. DS#1's plane was delayed leaving Chicago's Midway & arv. in Denver ~30 min. late. By the time he got his checked bag, rode the shuttle out to the car rental lot, & drove home, it was ~9:15 when he got here.

Today we've been working on the to-do list. Checking things off as we get them done. DS#2 wasn't able to get here till mid-a.m. The 2 guys have been working together. Several things got done already. We're taking a break now. DS#1 isn't used to the higher altitude, since he lives on the E. coast in MD. So he's feeling tired. We're visiting, etc. After DH goes to bed (6 p.m.), I'll fix our supper & we'll have the eve. together.

Not sure what our plans will be for tomorrow. Maybe church, then eating out.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Chelea, I, too, had problems with a "friend" of one of my kids. He is a contractor, but I called him in April (of last year) to give me an estimate on changing my weed infested brick patio out back to concrete. May, he finally came to estimate it and said he would get back to me soon. Never heard back so I got some quotes from a couple of others and chose one of them. The day before the project was to start, I get a text message with the estimate -- $300 more than what I was paying.

You would think I would learn from this. Nooooooo . . . fast forward a year. My sliding door out to the patio breaks and is not usable. My daughter called him and asked him to give me an estimate. He came out and looked at it and said he would get back to me. He did but said he didn't want to use Lowe's store brand --- he would get one from his supplier and it would be better. A month or so later, he comes with his crew to install. He looks at the door (a wood Pella door) and tells me the door is off the track. Why didn't he tell me that a couple of weeks ago? Then he proceeds to put in the new door and had to leave at one point because, he told me later, he had to go buy a 1" board to put under the door because it was a little short in height!!! I know he measured the previous door --- I was there when he did!!!! And, on top of that, the door is just a cheap, contractors door --- nothing like the one that was in there before. At least I don't have to worry about the door anymore as I have sold the house and moved out. I have vowed never to use this guy again!!!!

Nancy

20. Thanks chelea, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post