Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - Sept 20-26, 2019

September is just flying away, last week already. What are you working on?

I didn't do much sewing as we were away, but Wed-Fri, I had a few hours to cut 30 tea towels of waffle weave. I wash the fabric, serge the edges, press and sew a seam all around. Then I cut strips of fabric to embellish them. Hopefully something that customers will want to give as hostess gifts or for themselves. I wrap them so that you can insert a bottle of wine or a can of maple syrup. I sew them production style, and I figure I have spent about 5 hrs so far.

I'm down to the last 10, with wine & cheese fabrics. I think I have 60 for the craft sale in Nov. Then I will focus on microwave bowls.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	160674Click image for larger version. 

Views:	31 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	160675Click image for larger version. 

Views:	32 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	160676

Hope you are spending time in your happy place.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, pcbatiks, Claire Hallman, DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - Sept 20-26, 2019

I have finished Emma's queen quilt and now on to one for DS and DIL.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1054.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	160679
    I have made many flying geese and have many more to go. I had to order more background since I couldn't find it locally so it has been shipped and I can make the rest. I can keep busy in the mean time trimming the geese I have already made to size.
    I made some pillow cases to go with the pink and then I made more for my guest bed. They are so very easy using the flat felled seam method and come out very professional looking.
    Today is football at our house so not much sewing until next week.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I started The NQC Happy Block Swap yesterday (the local quilt guild President is my swap partner).....I am Quilter 1 making 2 of the same blocks and she is quilter 2 making 2 of different blocks....https://www.nationalquilterscircle.c...17&vsoid=A5417

So far it is very fun! Here is my first block of 6 weeks (12 blocks total)....

Name:	NQC Happy Block Swap Wk1 Block A 09.20.19 (800x763).jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	160680
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished the Criss Cross pattern from the Midnight quilt show yesterday and posted a picture in Show and tell. Today I am starting a kit called The Courtyard. It is a medallion style quilt. I am juicing up the quilt to my own style by adding some Kaffe Fasset prints. It starts out with a 9.5 x 18.5 center and you keep adding borders until it is an enormous 102 x 93. This one is going to be fun.

Name:	100_5195.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	160681

The center print is a Kaffe Fasset print called Forest of Arden in the red colorway. If anybody is interested (hit the Thanks/like button to show you are interested) I can take a picture for every round of new borders I add. It won't hurt my feeling if you aren't interested. Not everybody likes Kaffe Fasset or red.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am for interested , I like kaffe fassett fabrics. I hope I done it right by pushing button so I can see your progress.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Rhapsody In Red border 2

Name:	100_5197.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	160684
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

8. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, chelea, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

i've been trying out layouts for black and white quilt blocks Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_20190920_123549.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	160686

Name:	thumbnail_20190921_120525.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	160687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_20190920_004813.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	160688

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't look it, but I spent 1.5 hours considering alternatives before I decided on this Kaffe Fassett fabric for the next border. The fabric is called Oriental Trees dated 2012.

Name:	100_5199.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	160689

According to the pattern this border is supposed to be half square triangle units, which I considered redoing as flying geese units to minimize cuts to the pretty focus fabric. By combining a flying geese unit with a half square triangle it is possible to wrap the units around the corner making a very pretty pattern. Ultimately I decided the fabric was prettier uncut. My quilt, my choice.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Denise I love all the blocks. Each one draws you in for a closer look. I hope this one is yours to keep.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Going to sew my backing together and hopefully get this sandwiched today. Emma's Garden fabrics have been sitting around here too long! I used the pool noodles last quilt to sandwich and it worked really well for me due to the limited space here in the condo so will do it again today.

Classic Coffee Cake pattern by Cozy Quilts makes it impossible to cut off your points. Love her patterns!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	workinprogress.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	160691