• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • janbee
    Designer Diva
    • Mar 2014

Babylock Jane

I purchased a Babylock Jane and I really do like it. I teach quilting classes and really put a machine through the paces. I have sewn on Babylock machines for the last 15 years. My Ellegante 2 had 26,000,000 stitches on it when I opted to trade for a Crescendo which I adore. Maybe no one else does this but I noticed since I started piecing on my Jane that I was sewing slower on my Crescendo. I think subconsciously I was trying to go easy on my Crescendo which has certainly not gone anywhere. I piece a lot and this Jane really zooms over thick seams as if it doesn't even know the seam is there. I am certainly not a spring chicken but qualify more in the old crow category and being from the south I don't do anything very fast. However since I started piecing on my Jane I think my piecing is at least 50% faster and very accurate. Now I know why Jenny loves her Jane. I love mine, too.

Jan
  • cv quilter
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Babylock Jane

I don't have the Jane, but I own 5 baby lock machines, and love them all. ��
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• CraftyJnet
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2015

I have the Aria and I love it!

Jeannette

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Congratulations on your new machine. I don't have a Babylock but I do sew fast. I might have to give this one a spin in future.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Cozycake
          Shiny Thimble
          • Nov 2019

I want to quilt on my Baby Lock BL-40. I am wondering why I can’t quilt from top to bottom and not from the center. It seems that is what you do on a full quilt machine why not on a regular one. With good basting it seems that it would work.

Comment

• auntiemern
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Cozycake View Post
            I want to quilt on my Baby Lock BL-40. I am wondering why I can’t quilt from top to bottom and not from the center. It seems that is what you do on a full quilt machine why not on a regular one. With good basting it seems that it would work.
            Because on a long arm quilting machine has the entire quilt loaded onto a frame which keeps tension on the entire quilt all the time. You can do that on a domestic machine. No matter how well you have it basted, the quilt will shift as you quilt it....that is why you need and extra amount of backing and batting. The only way you could do it from one end, and not the middle, is if you were doing a straight line or something similar from one end to the other. I do that frequently when quilting baby quilts. FMQ does not lend well to starting on one end.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X